PDA

View Full Version : mindless morons vandalise bus

wexfordseagull
15/04/2009, 5:45 PM
today i have been down to the ground to see the vandalism caused to our bus.some moron engraved limerick on the side of the bus right down to the metal,as well askeying the complete side of the bus.i know it is not the supporters of limerick fc who are responsible for this,but it makes sick that a mindless coward would this may he have the sh1tes for a year:mad::mad:

holidaysong
15/04/2009, 5:49 PM
That's bad form. Is that the black Merc bus with the Youths crest on it and everything?

Youths4Ever
15/04/2009, 5:51 PM
know it not Limerick supporters but Limerick need to provide safe parking for buses traveling to their ground be it a team bus or a supporters bus or at least someone to watch the buses as then are easy targets for mindless vandals

wexfordseagull
15/04/2009, 5:52 PM
yes 1000's euro worth of damage

Youths4Ever
15/04/2009, 5:52 PM
That's bad form. Is that the black Merc bus with the Youths crest on it and everything?

yeah that the one

Dunny
15/04/2009, 6:14 PM
yeah that the one

That (was) a nice bus.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Splurge
15/04/2009, 6:25 PM
shocking, the cliches about Limerick just keep coming and coming.

jebus
15/04/2009, 6:54 PM
know it not Limerick supporters but Limerick need to provide safe parking for buses traveling to their ground be it a team bus or a supporters bus or at least someone to watch the buses as then are easy targets for mindless vandals

Not many clubs do this you realise and we have accomodated club buses in the ground before (they do have to be there early as they would have to drive in before the first supporters started to arrive). I've travelled to Shels and UCD on the supporters club bus this season and there hasn't been secure parking provided, same when we've travelled to places like Cobh, Galway and Athlone, in fact I'd be surprsied if you could find many clubs from any league you want that allow sc buses to park in the ground.

Bad form from whoever did it but it's the society we live in, not just a Limerick problem too I might add before people like Splurge go off on one and I'll remind all of you that fans from other clubs have done a lot worse this season to other teams supporters.

The Optimist
15/04/2009, 7:19 PM
in fact I'd be surprsied if you could find many clubs from any league you want that allow sc buses to park in the ground.

It wasn't a supporters club bus that was vandalised it was the team bus.

atfconline
15/04/2009, 7:19 PM
Buses are allowed and do park inside our ground. Supporters just have to get off it beforehand to pay in through the turnstiles.

jebus
15/04/2009, 7:51 PM
It wasn't a supporters club bus that was vandalised it was the team bus.

When did it get there? Did they ask could they park inside?

wexfordseagull
15/04/2009, 7:58 PM
as you have parking in the ground players buses etc should be afforded that facility.

jebus
15/04/2009, 8:04 PM
as you have parking in the ground players buses etc should be afforded that facility.

Did you ask about coming in, or just park there? What time did you get there?

I could point out that players warming up on the main pitch before hand is standard too but would I do something like that?

wexfordseagull
15/04/2009, 8:20 PM
dont try and water this down with other issues,if you had 2 pitches we would warm up on the training pitch,ask athlone we always do.vandalism is moronic and that is what happened,we have been there before several times but this time a MORON has put your club in a poor light,that is the issue stick to it!!

jebus
15/04/2009, 8:31 PM
Jesus don't wet yourself champ, I've asked you two questions

Did you, as a club, ask to drive the bus into the ground?
What time did you arrive at? (Cause you can't drive in if supporters are walking in now can you?)

Do you know the answers to these questions?

I've already said it's an unfortunate instance, but that is society isn't? Stuff like this could happen to your car parked on a street in any town so it's not an exclusive problem that we have down here

Ringo
16/04/2009, 5:35 AM
shocking, the cliches about Limerick just keep coming and coming.

Every town & city in Ireland has scum who do this. Theres no respect for anything these days. Mick Wallace & others are trying to do something positive for young people, what happen is a disgrace , but not exclusive to Limerick. I think we saw over the last few days decent poeople fro Limerick & everying thats wrong about not just Limerick but the whole island.

Chippy
16/04/2009, 7:07 AM

What time did you arrive at? (Cause you can't drive in if supporters are walking in now can you?)

I've already said it's an unfortunate instance, but that is society isn't? Stuff like this could happen to your car parked on a street in any town so it's not an exclusive problem that we have down here

why is anyone even bothering to argue with this tw@t ????

tiktok
16/04/2009, 8:05 AM
When did it get there? Did they ask could they park inside?

They were probably told that they couldn't park in the ground, but that there was a poorly lit patch of ground to the rear where they could park instead [in a cunning revenge attack for the fiasco in Wexford last season].

Anyway, disgraceful behaviour from some little scut who's already gotten away with it.
Have to say, it was a lovely bus.

jebus
16/04/2009, 1:24 PM
why is anyone even bothering to argue with this tw@t ????

Because you have no answers for reasonable questions perhaps?

passinginterest
16/04/2009, 2:40 PM
Lads look at the video footage and there's loads of parking in the ground. I think the question of why the bus wasn't parked in there should at least be addressed. It's an unfortunate incident, but it could have happened anywhere, I've witnessed young fans of other clubs walking past it talking about doing exactly the same thing. It's a lovely bus but it's also very attention grabbing and sadly in todays society it's going to attract the wrong sort of attention. Hopefully it was reported to the Gardai and it may be possible that the vandalism was witnessed or caught on CCTV.

Lim till i die
16/04/2009, 2:42 PM
a MORON has put your club in a poor light,that is the issue stick to it!!

Rubbish.

Nothing to do with the club.

i know it is not the supporters of limerick fc who are responsible for this

know it not Limerick supporters

Youths4Ever
16/04/2009, 3:13 PM

answer to your questions is don't know if asked to park inside ground never been any trouble parking the bus outside the ground in the past. i know for the under20 game the bus was parked in the bus depot near the ground.

Not sure what time team bus arrived was not on it only people who could answer that question where on bus.

Lads look at the video footage and there's loads of parking in the ground. I think the question of why the bus wasn't parked in there should at least be addressed. It's an unfortunate incident, but it could have happened anywhere, I've witnessed young fans of other clubs walking past it talking about doing exactly the same thing. It's a lovely bus but it's also very attention grabbing and sadly in todays society it's going to attract the wrong sort of attention. Hopefully it was reported to the Gardai and it may be possible that the vandalism was witnessed or caught on CCTV.

yes loads of room to park a bus but it would be a tight squeeze to get it in although Limerick fans have said buses parked in there before but have to be probably very early to do so as already said

doubt there is CCTV as the pitch is surrounded by houses rather than streets that may have CCTV.

certain people on here need to realize this could have happened anywhere like passinginterest said bus attracts the wrong kind of attention. It has been damaged before but never this badly.

Very unlikely it was Limerick FC fans but it does not reflect greatly on the club either. The damage done either took a while with a key or someone had an item on their person to do damage as it went down to the metal.

flash
16/04/2009, 3:34 PM
Not many clubs do this you realise and we have accomodated club buses in the ground before (they do have to be there early as they would have to drive in before the first supporters started to arrive). I've travelled to Shels and UCD on the supporters club bus this season and there hasn't been secure parking provided, same when we've travelled to places like Cobh, Galway and Athlone, in fact I'd be surprsied if you could find many clubs from any league you want that allow sc buses to park in the ground.

Bad form from whoever did it but it's the society we live in, not just a Limerick problem too I might add before people like Splurge go off on one and I'll remind all of you that fans from other clubs have done a lot worse this season to other teams supporters.

In relation to UCD. The campus is patroled by Security and there is also cctv cameras around the Student centre which is the closest car park to the bowl.

Patrick Dunne
16/04/2009, 3:56 PM
There is secure parking provided at Terryland Park. We have a car park in the ground which can hold 150 cars and several buses.

jebus
16/04/2009, 4:37 PM
There is secure parking provided at Terryland Park. We have a car park in the ground which can hold 150 cars and several buses.

I mentioned Terryland in relation to SC buses. We hav room for a bus as well, really does depend on whether the Youths asked could they come in and what time they got there at because there is only one way in to the ground and if people are walking in you can't very well drive a bus down there

Lim till i die
16/04/2009, 6:13 PM
We hav room for a bus as well

We don't.

Bus wouldn't make the turn I'd say.

Not that it matters one jot.

Lots of grounds don't have secure parking.

Unfortunate for Wexford but their bus getting damaged has naff all to do with Limerick FC.

Very unlikely it was Limerick FC fans but it does not reflect greatly on the club either.

It has nothing, NOTHING, to do with the club.

Happened on the street outside a ground we don't even own.

i know for the under20 game the bus was parked in the bus depot near the ground

Now you're sucking diesel.

Bit of common sense like this from your driver wouldn't go astray.

jebus
16/04/2009, 6:28 PM
How big is the bus? Standard mimi-couch or something larger?

If it's something larger then it probably wouldn't make the turn alright but there is room in the ground alright.

Either way we don't own the ground so if you have complaints about it send them to the LDMC

L37Ultra
17/04/2009, 2:49 PM
First off all, this was not a Limerick fan who did this. There was no damage to the bus after the match so it would have happened when all the Limerick fans were gone away.

I myself was suprised that the bus was parked out on the road. I even mentioned it walking into the ground because I know the majority of the Limerick players and officials park behind the goals in the ground. As Jebus said, the team bus may have arrived late and they couldn't drive in when theres fans in the ground. Bad form though, quality bus.

Jofspring
17/04/2009, 3:54 PM
Would be a tight squeeze for any size bus.

Class bus and a disgrace what was done to it. I was one of the last people left outside the ground waiting for a lift and saw nothing happening and that was up to about 10mins after kick off so it must have been a little later than this.

passerrby
17/04/2009, 4:37 PM
the majority of grounds can guarantee the safety of away team transport, I know monaghan take there responsibility to away teams seriously so do most clubs.you have to when its your property..

Black and White
17/04/2009, 5:00 PM
It happens everywhere you go, last season the Oriel Travel bus had one of its windows bricked outside Athlones ground just as it was pulling off. Few other incidences, mate of mine was talking to a Bray fan who went to the recent game in Sligo and he said they had a window put in on their bus! Absolute disgrace what a certian amount of morons are doing.

Dunny
17/04/2009, 5:04 PM
How big is the bus? Standard mimi-couch or something larger?

If it's something larger then it probably wouldn't make the turn alright but there is room in the ground alright.

Either way we don't own the ground so if you have complaints about it send them to the LDMC

This is the bus..

http://file035a.bebo.com/12/large/2007/09/24/19/644707393a5640818003l.jpg
http://file035a.bebo.com/12/large/2007/09/24/19/644707393a5640819952l.jpg

jebus
17/04/2009, 9:06 PM
the majority of grounds can guarantee the safety of away team transport, I know monaghan take there responsibility to away teams seriously so do most clubs.you have to when its your property..

What's our property? The ground or the bus?

Cause the answer is neither are ours you realise

Monkfish
25/04/2009, 4:12 PM
This is the bus..

http://file035a.bebo.com/12/large/2007/09/24/19/644707393a5640818003l.jpg
http://file035a.bebo.com/12/large/2007/09/24/19/644707393a5640819952l.jpg

Ah now! its clear to everyone that its 'Wexford Youths Football Club' thats after been scraped on the bus. :o

Splurge
25/04/2009, 5:23 PM
Ah now! its clear to everyone that its 'Wexford Youths Football Club' thats after been scraped on the bus. :o
I think you'll find that someone asked how big the bus was and a picture was shown of it, before the damage was done obviously.

Footsoldier
25/04/2009, 8:17 PM
I think you'll find that someone asked how big the bus was and a picture was shown of it, before the damage was done obviously.

And I think you'll find that he was being funny