PDA

View Full Version : Barry Ryan back next Season

derm
19/12/2003, 3:19 PM
He got his suspension reduced by six months so he'll only miss 3 months of next season.

sadloserkid
19/12/2003, 3:46 PM
He's living in Ennis, we need a goalkeeper... hmmm... I sense a plan developing here! :)

candystripedkid
02/01/2004, 7:50 PM
Didn't Rovers release him over the drug taking??

adamcarr
02/01/2004, 8:41 PM
i bet there was a brown envelope involved because 6 months reduced is an outrage

pineapple stu
03/01/2004, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
He's living in Ennis, we need a goalkeeper... hmmm... I sense a plan developing here! :)

And he does drugs (allegedly!!!) - so he'd fit in well in Limerick!

Incidentally, he's from Ennis, but he's living in the IFSC in Dublin with the girlfriend, as far as I know.

EireBadBoy
04/01/2004, 4:05 AM
I wish Barry all the best!! He made a mistake and thankfully we have yet to endure the big nostrils of that ******* Blatter snuffling all over our beloved league...the small mercies of nobody noticing the EL.

The sooner he can get his career back on track after learning his lesson the better. forgive and forget and let one of the better Goalies on the Isle get on with it. *Sniff* :p

4tothefloor
05/01/2004, 2:46 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
And he does drugs (allegedly!!!) - so he'd fit in well in Limerick!

Er, no....thats probably why he was playing in junkieland, sorry DUBLIN with da rovers. Allegedly. :p

tiktok
05/01/2004, 8:05 AM
Originally posted by adamcarr
i bet there was a brown envelope involved because 6 months reduced is an outrage

it's not an outrage, if anything the initial ban was. if you look at the bans handed out to Jaap Stam and Edgar Davids for use of nandrolone, a performance enhancing drug then six months for a 'social' drug even seems harsh. Rio ferdinand got eight for missing a drugs test, not failing.

Rovers did part company with him because of the failure so he'll be a free agent when he returns.

Six months off won't prepare him for the slagging when he coms back though
;)

patsh
05/01/2004, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
Rio ferdinand got eight for missing a drugs test, not failing.

If you miss a test, then it is considered that you have failed it.

tiktok
05/01/2004, 10:12 AM
Didn't realise that, although none of the articles I've seen on the Rio affair suggest that he would have failed it had he taken the test at the time. Seems to be accepted that he's a 'clean' player

pineapple stu
05/01/2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 4tothefloor
Er, no....thats probably why he was playing in junkieland, sorry DUBLIN with da rovers. Allegedly. :p

He is a Ryan, don't forget!;)

A face
05/01/2004, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
He is a Ryan, don't forget!;)

I forgot about that !! :D