TheBoss
13/04/2009, 2:06 PM
Its on the Sky Guide @ 8 as usual.

Umberside
13/04/2009, 2:44 PM
Is M.N.S. on tonight ?

The only reason I'm asking is, whe we had E.L.W, it was never shown on a
Bank - Holiday Monday.

That was because the TV3 film crew took a well-deserved rest after many weeks doing top quality filming:D

MNS is on tonight for definite by the way

Iorfa2MaccaJim
13/04/2009, 3:10 PM
Cheers lads.

Looking forward to it. And as far as I know, " Kareoke King " is back tonight.

irishultra
13/04/2009, 7:10 PM
sligo look really good, and cretaro is in some form. his goals against bray were nice finished and same against derry.

Dunny
13/04/2009, 7:27 PM
Can you see the black dots on Roddy's jacket?:D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZLBlZl1_xZ4/Sa6iKWYfKrI/AAAAAAAAASc/aljTbEE1jZU/s320/eye+tricks+black+dots.JPG

irishultra
13/04/2009, 7:30 PM
is that an iran flag at the drogheda vs galway game?

irishultra
13/04/2009, 7:40 PM
lol what the hell.

irishultra
13/04/2009, 7:53 PM
hahha at that e-mail :D

Blue-Army
13/04/2009, 7:57 PM
haha .. Can't believe they read out that e-mail!

Dunny
13/04/2009, 7:58 PM
I missed it, what was it?

Sheridan
13/04/2009, 8:11 PM
Just someone from Sligo slagging off Karaoke King.

Con Murphy really is morphing into Alan Partridge.

centre mid
13/04/2009, 9:41 PM
AAhh HHaaaaa

Rovers1
13/04/2009, 9:53 PM
Does RTE's Real Player work for anyone?:mad:

juan
13/04/2009, 9:59 PM
Does RTE's Real Player work for anyone?:mad:

It's bloody awful.
It eventually caused my laptop problems so I had to get rid of it:mad:

gufc2000
13/04/2009, 10:13 PM
Its a disgrace really that Karaoke King, what other leaguwould show such nonsense. Once again the first division got no attention, Roddy gave Drogheda an awful bashing, 29 games to go and the Drogs are already relegated according to him. Quickest relegation in history. That Pats fan gave out stink about Kenna!

Dunny
13/04/2009, 10:17 PM
Its a disgrace really that Karaoke King, what other leaguwould show such nonsense. Once again the first division got no attention, Roddy gave Drogheda an awful bashing, 29 games to go and the Drogs are already relegated according to him. Quickest relegation in history. That Pats fan gave out stink about Kenna!

FD ain't gona happen, not this year anyway.

gufc2000
13/04/2009, 10:25 PM
FD ain't gona happen, not this year anyway.
A bit a chat wouldn't go a miss, recognise some of the wins. I'd say Roddy Collins wouldn't know who Mervue are if you asked him

Dunny
13/04/2009, 10:27 PM
Yes but as it's been said over and over, there isn't much time. We knew how it felt last year, it's absolute crap, but that's just it.

theworm2345
13/04/2009, 10:31 PM
Can't believe people here wanted to get rid of the classic Ireland clips :(. I can definitely understand the reasoning (it is a LoI show), but still... :mad:

sligoman
13/04/2009, 11:24 PM
Can't believe people here wanted to get rid of the classic Ireland clips :(. I can definitely understand the reasoning (it is a LoI show), but still... :mad:The same 'classic Ireland clips' that are generally available to view anytime online? Why would we want to see them on a LOI show when there's plenty of LOI clips unseen/unavailable?

Dunny
13/04/2009, 11:28 PM
Can't believe people here wanted to get rid of the classic Ireland clips :(. I can definitely understand the reasoning (it is a LoI show), but still... :mad:

Why would we want to watch Ray Houghton after seeing it loads of times. We have plenty of unseen clips of the FAI Cup etc. The national side can take a back seat this time.:cool:

LeixlipRed
13/04/2009, 11:53 PM
What was the Raiders piece this week anyway?

Rovers fan
14/04/2009, 1:43 AM
Miah dennehy hatrick for cork hibs against waterford in the cup final. Can't remember the year.....

Good enough show this week. Second week running there has been a problem with paul cook's interview. Raging we didn't get to see kenny's interview, it's supposed to be a good 'un, it's probably gonna be on the website anyway. Also 300 at the sligo rovers Bray game, you havin a laugh? Awful estimate,also they said it like it was a fact:rolleyes:

theworm2345
14/04/2009, 2:20 AM
The same 'classic Ireland clips' that are generally available to view anytime online? Why would we want to see them on a LOI show when there's plenty of LOI clips unseen/unavailable?

Yes the Houghton one was obvious and easily found on YouTube, but what about, for example, Ireland over Wales from 1991? Or is there a secret clips that generally available that I dont know about?

thischarmingman
14/04/2009, 6:46 AM
Yes the Houghton one was obvious and easily found on YouTube, but what about, for example, Ireland over Wales from 1991? Or is there a secret clips that generally available that I dont know about?

I think the point being that there's precious little about LOI in the media full stop, so when we do get our 50-odd minutes a week on primetime TV (discounting the odd live game), we'd like it to be about LOI. There's plenty of Ireland coverage in the rest of the media for it to take a back seat during MNS.

Boh_So_Good
14/04/2009, 11:00 AM
Its a disgrace really that Karaoke King, what other leaguwould show such nonsense.

I like it. It's fun and harmless and demonstrates the appeal of this league for many of us. I prefer that to the MOTD "soccer gods" mindset of British millionaire Chav who is only good for kicking a ball and nothing else, wearing "classy" purple suits with impossibly huge tieknots posing beside their sportcars.

Give me a group of lads having the craic and with good natured comradeship like the Sligo Rovers lads last night. Look how happy and human they looked. Now compared that to the overpaid metrosexuals trying to look cool and stylish in the ELP, when in relaity they are all the male equalivents of Jade Goody's and Colleen Rooneys. No fuking class at all. That show Footballers Wives was bang on the money with some for comical expressions of 'sophistication' the ELP is filled with.

Which is a bigger joke. Karoke King or these "people":

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/voronin2.jpg

theworm2345
15/04/2009, 5:47 AM
Everyone in the country saw all international those clips a thousand times each. The raiders was much better this time round.
Again, I won't deny that showing Houghton clip probably wasn't the greatest idea (it is Raiders of the Lost Archive), and I do understand that is an LoI show so perhaps they should show only LoI clips, but honestly, how many have seen, for example, the Ireland vs Wales clip from 1991 any time in the last 10+ years? And really, only two days before the Italy game which clip could they have shown?

razor
15/04/2009, 8:05 AM
The Karaoke thing is excruciating, although there was a small lad in the Sligo dressing room with his hands over his ears which was funny.
The best bit of the show is the couch piece at the very end, had Jimmy Magee and that rugby lady they took from TV3, hilarious.

Shelsman
15/04/2009, 12:39 PM
Its a disgrace really that Karaoke King, what other league would show such nonsense.

At least they're trying to be original. The sofa thing at the end is a bit of variety too. I don't see why we should have to copy MOTD or any other 'English Football' show. In fairness, as one of the other lads said, it does show the footballers as being just human ( Liam Kearney and his Sandals & Suit aside! ).

holidaysong
15/04/2009, 5:32 PM
Miah dennehy hatrick for cork hibs against waterford in the cup final. Can't remember the year.....

Is current Cork City player Billy Dennehy any relation?

eamo1
15/04/2009, 6:01 PM
Ok,i know Roddy is a complete tool anyway but he was awfully harsh on Drogheda.He said "they are down" and "their players arent good enough".Now maybe hes just trying to get them going by using the PROVE ME WRONG mentality but still.Was very harsh and unwarranted.What team has ever been down with 29 odd games STILL to go,complete bo**ox.Why am i even entertaining his opinion actually???:confused:

razor
15/04/2009, 7:08 PM
Is current Cork City player Billy Dennehy any relation?Don't think so, Billy is from Kerry

holidaysong
15/04/2009, 7:12 PM
Don't think so, Billy is from Kerry

Very unusual surname though, I haven't come across it before.

roversforever
15/04/2009, 7:27 PM

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/voronin2.jpg

Who are they??:o

The little lad in the rovers dressing room is gerry carr's son!

brianw82
15/04/2009, 7:29 PM
Who are they??:o

The little lad in the rovers dressing room is gerry carr's son!

Looks like Andrei Voronin.

srfc1928
16/04/2009, 9:03 AM
I like it. It's fun and harmless and demonstrates the appeal of this league for many of us. I prefer that to the MOTD "soccer gods" mindset of British millionaire Chav who is only good for kicking a ball and nothing else, wearing "classy" purple suits with impossibly huge tieknots posing beside their sportcars.

Give me a group of lads having the craic and with good natured comradeship like the Sligo Rovers lads last night. Look how happy and human they looked. Now compared that to the overpaid metrosexuals trying to look cool and stylish in the ELP, when in relaity they are all the male equalivents of Jade Goody's and Colleen Rooneys. No fuking class at all. That show Footballers Wives was bang on the money with some for comical expressions of 'sophistication' the ELP is filled with.

Spot on, boh_so_good

WoodquayBoy
16/04/2009, 9:13 AM
Looks like Andrei Voronin.
Correct, and his missus Yulia

the-blue-harp
17/04/2009, 12:24 AM
which goal do think will be goal of the month, i like twiggs one against sligo the best, great finish.

Dunny
17/04/2009, 12:32 AM
One of the goals Galway scored against Pat's.

Might have been the second or third(could even be the first!:D).

brianw82
17/04/2009, 1:03 AM
More Joanne Cantwell, sez I.

roversforever
17/04/2009, 7:58 AM
More Joanne Cantwell, sez I.

Ah come on,standards man!!!!!

geysir
17/04/2009, 1:53 PM
With my range of choices, Joanne would be a godsend.

I tried to catch up on a few games/reports from MNS on the RTE webpage.
The advert plays fine but then the audio is blocked from MNS, sounds like a 1,000 hyperactive crickets.

Must be a block of sorts on foreign ISPs

Rovers1
17/04/2009, 2:18 PM
I tried to catch up on a few games/reports from MNS on the RTE webpage.
The advert plays fine but then the audio is blocked from MNS, sounds like a 1,000 hyperactive crickets.

Its just Real Player, its sh!te!:mad:

brianw82
17/04/2009, 8:18 PM
Ah come on,standards man!!!!!

I thought she looked weird at first, but she's got a lot of girl-next-door quality. I'd take her to an evening ball any day.

irishultra
18/04/2009, 12:28 AM
yes exactly. she seems really cool :)