PDA

View Full Version : Moyes and O Neill and behaviour of EPL Managers.

NeilMcD
12/04/2009, 1:05 PM
Just watchin Villa V Everton on Setanta and just noticed that the two managers are both great managers who achieve things with smaller budgets but in addition to that they both behave in a professional manner and come across as nice guys who get on with the rest of the managers in the EPL. The question is why cant other managers be like them and who else in the EPL comes across as a nice guy while been good at their job. I used to think Benitez fell into this category but over the last 2 years he has become as bad as the others. I dont support either Villa or O Neill and I dont support Celtic either but both do have Celtci Connections.

sullanefc
12/04/2009, 5:59 PM
Dunno about Moyes' behaviour. I lost a lot of respect for him after his antics in this interview. 2 min 20 sec in.

VvpgCvBI31U

OwlsFan
13/04/2009, 7:59 AM
Moyes and O'Neill are no different from most of the other managers in the EPL. They bitch and moan about the referee when things don't go their way and forget about the dodgy decisions they get in other games. Certainly from a behavioural point of view they are no better than the other managers in the EPL.

DeLorean
14/04/2009, 12:29 PM
I agree that the 2 mentioned are much easier to take than most. Yes they complain from time to time but for the most part don't talk rubbish. I would put Southgate in this category as well.

superfrank
14/04/2009, 1:47 PM
Roy Hodgson is incapable of offending or annoying a single soul. He's the most down to earth, realistic, genuine manager I can ever think of. Football could do with more people like him.

Agree on Southgate. Tony Mobray and Bobby Robson are other ones I can think of.

lionelhutz
14/04/2009, 3:16 PM
Roy Hodgson is incapable of offending or annoying a single soul. He's the most down to earth, realistic, genuine manager I can ever think of. Football could do with more people like him.

Agree on Southgate. Tony Mobray and Bobby Robson are other ones I can think of.

I'd agree on Hodgson. He never complains about decisions - even last season when they were under immense pressure in the relegation battle he never moaned about anything. Great respect for him and I'm delighted he's doing such a good job there

DeLorean
14/04/2009, 3:24 PM
I'd agree on Hodgson. He never complains about decisions - even last season when they were under immense pressure in the relegation battle he never moaned about anything. Great respect for him and I'm delighted he's doing such a good job there

Ya Hodgson somehow managed to slip my mind, class person.

The best of the rest would include Tony Pulis, Ricky Sbragia and Gianfranco Zola although maybe they haven't been around long enough to make their presence felt.

OwlsFan
14/04/2009, 3:43 PM

Although I was wondering which manager would use his players being away on international duty as an excuse for a poor performance and it was Hodgson, even though they played against Liverpool!!

Managers, whoever they are, seldom accept that they were beaten by the better side. It's usually the ref or less seldom fatigue, international duty or "sloppy defending".

NeilMcD
14/04/2009, 7:35 PM
Is there any manager you like Owlsfan. Before you say Jack Charlton did he not blame a defeat on the time of year one time.

OwlsFan
15/04/2009, 10:21 AM
Is there any manager you like Owlsfan. Before you say Jack Charlton did he not blame a defeat on the time of year one time.

Good question. I liked Jack of course, Mick Mc, Trap, Big Ron and Brian Laws. They all whinge (Mick less than most it has to be said) but the current crop of managers bring whinging to a fine art. I like Southgate (showing great fortitude in difficult circumstances), Hiddink, O'Neill (because he's Irish and proud of it), Zola and Megson (wonder why ;)).

Pet aversion Arsene Whinger who is so myopic. it is unbelievable, followed by Hughes, Allardyce and probably your pal Moyes.

Oink
15/04/2009, 11:32 AM
Tony Pulis??????? can't believe he was mentioned, complete clown in my opinion :) that bloody headset and cap!!

Martin O'Neil, to be fair, is a likeable lad!

wFUrTtA-GXQ

OwlsFan
15/04/2009, 4:30 PM
Forgot Neil Warnock. Close thing between him and Wenger for the most myopic and biggest whinger.

Predator
17/04/2009, 1:38 PM
Haha the Apres Match sketch. Brilliant!

OwlsFan
17/04/2009, 2:37 PM
Just watchin Villa V Everton on Setanta and just noticed that the two managers are both great managers who achieve things with smaller budgets but in addition to that they both behave in a professional manner and come across as nice guys who get on with the rest of the managers in the EPL.

I see your paragon of virtue, Moyes, is already moaning, and that's before even a ball is kicked, about the choice of referee for the Man U semi-final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/everton/5166817/David-Moyes-upset-at-Wembley-referee-switch.html

NeilMcD
17/04/2009, 2:46 PM
I see your paragon of virtue, Moyes, is already moaning, and that's before even a ball is kicked, about the choice of referee for the Man U semi-final.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/everton/5166817/David-Moyes-upset-at-Wembley-referee-switch.html

Again putting words in my mouth. You must love building strawmen.

OwlsFan
17/04/2009, 3:45 PM
Again putting words in my mouth. You must love building strawmen.

Yep, here's me out in the fields:

http://constanttrek.typepad.com/photos/picardie/strawman.JPG

centre mid
17/04/2009, 4:45 PM

To be fair he was responding to a quote from a journalist, I dont think he ever said "Mike Riley is a Manchester United fan". He said that "you should ask the FA about that".

old git
19/04/2009, 7:08 PM
To be fair he was responding to a quote from a journalist, I dont think he ever said "Mike Riley is a Manchester United fan". He said that "you should ask the FA about that".

he could have ignored quote from journalist and continued to talk about upcoming f a cup semi final..... after all it is 6 years since mike riley awarded the controversial penalty against everton...
but judging by f a semi final today he got into riley's head as he denied utd a blatent penalty during game.. :ball:

OwlsFan
20/04/2009, 7:28 AM
he could have ignored quote from journalist and continued to talk about upcoming f a cup semi final..... after all it is 6 years since mike riley awarded the controversial penalty against everton... but judging by f a semi final today he got into riley's head as he denied utd a blatent penalty during game.. :ball:

Not sure it was a "blatant penalty". One angle shows no contact being made but the other angles would suggest contact. Depends which angle the ref saw.