PDA

View Full Version : League Cup games, Monday/Tuesday

brianw82
11/04/2009, 8:55 PM
No odds yet, but surely Shamrock Rovers will stuff a desperate Kildare County if they put out their full team?
UCD should also bag a few away to Tullamore.

JC_GUFC
12/04/2009, 12:14 AM
Hard to imagine teams, particularly Premier teams, will be putting out full strength sides.

Paddy Power have prices up...

http://www.paddypower.com/football?action=go_fb_coupon&coupon_id=289

Raheny Red
12/04/2009, 8:12 AM
Just spotted a bit of value with Powers for the winner of the EA Sports Cup (the League Cup). UCD @ 50/1 is value. Considering they have Fingal @ 16s and Shels @ 33s it looks like a good each way earner. The Students have beaten both these sides in the opening round of games in the First Division so far. They sit top of the division with a 100% record and have only conceded 3 goals in 6 games. I seen them on Friday night and they are a great young side and I wouldn't have them anything bigger than 25s to be honest.

UCD to win the League Cup with Powers @ 50/1 - 0.25pts ew

brianw82
12/04/2009, 10:16 AM
UCD are 2.62 for the ht/ft with PP. I'll be keeping an eye on that one, fo sho.

Raheny Red
12/04/2009, 10:50 AM
Just spotted a bit of value with Powers for the winner of the EA Sports Cup (the League Cup). UCD @ 50/1 is value. Considering they have Fingal @ 16s and Shels @ 33s it looks like a good each way earner. The Students have beaten both these sides in the opening round of games in the First Division so far. They sit top of the division with a 100% record and have only conceded 3 goals in 6 games. I seen them on Friday night and they are a great young side and I wouldn't have them anything bigger than 25s to be honest.

33s now with Powers, 40s still available with Ladcrooks.

brianw82
12/04/2009, 10:54 AM
I've gone with UCD at 1.61 with PP. Playing it safe with your standard win-draw-win. They should get through fairly comfortably.

eL Bettor
12/04/2009, 11:04 AM
UCD 66/1 with Hacketts, but they only allowed me €4.54 e/w!

Raheny Red
12/04/2009, 11:13 AM

Get to one of their branches tomorrow!

eL Bettor
12/04/2009, 12:03 PM
None in Waterford unfortunately!

JC_GUFC
12/04/2009, 9:02 PM
Get to one of their branches tomorrow!

Shops closed on Monday anyway.

Derry will win the competition - everyone else playing for 2nd!

DmanDmythDledge
12/04/2009, 9:12 PM
Balls.:mad:

Carlow should be favourites against Cobh- 2/1 available on Bet365.

pineapple stu
12/04/2009, 9:51 PM
Stop jinxing us!!!

Funny, I was thinking about us for a Cup run this season. With respect to the other teams, Tullamore and Athlone/Longford isn't the hardest of routes to the quarters. The Premier seems poorer than last season - in particular, Pat's and Drogheda, against whose last year teams we'd have struggled - and if we keep up our form, the kids we have will be well up for taking anyone on.

Main caveat is the team we play. Pete Mahon used to always play reserve teams. If Martin Russell does it, we won't win. If he decides our first team need more experience, or if he smells success, we may have an outside chance.

Same caveat goes to the Tullamore game, although we did beat them 8-0 in the A League last year. They seem to have improved a bit though.

13/04/2009, 1:25 PM
Boylesports and bet365 offer it at the same price :cool:

Sam_Heggy
13/04/2009, 2:06 PM

Derry will win the competition - everyone else playing for 2nd!

Not with the Irish Grand National on they aint. Was in one in LK today.

Anywho, I have a treble on UCD, Wexford and Harps, returns around 14/1 with PP.

JC_GUFC
13/04/2009, 2:47 PM
Not with the Irish Grand National on they aint. Was in one in LK today.

Must have been yesterday they were closed! I dunno it's all some religious thing - but wasn't one of the lads in the bible a jockey? Riding around on a donkey...

pineapple stu
13/04/2009, 5:20 PM
I've gone with UCD at 1.61 with PP.
What's that in proper terms?

I've put E70 (cleared my account basically) on us at 8/13 (in an accumulator with Rovers to beat Kildare; only 1/10, but didn't see a reason to leave it out). Looks like free money. But I'm sure the bookies have heard that before.

centre mid
13/04/2009, 5:43 PM
What's that in proper terms?

its 8/13

pineapple stu
13/04/2009, 5:46 PM
Cheers.

eL Bettor
13/04/2009, 6:25 PM
Live text updates on Shels v Dundalk:

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?pageid=78471

Dundalk with a strong team out, they were backed into 2.25 on betfair after the team was announced. I got 2.50 on 188bet in running early on in the game but going on the text updates it seems Shels have the upper hand.

Bet365, sportingbet, and 188bet all betting in-running on this game (and the other League cup games I assume)

Raheny Red
14/04/2009, 8:18 AM
Unlucky eL Bettor. When I seen Dundalk's line up I was expecting a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat. Never even suspected us to score 3 goals and not concede against that shower. They are ****ing awful. I'll be backing Cork this Friday that's for sure.

Raheny Red
14/04/2009, 11:23 AM
Stop jinxing us!!!

Funny, I was thinking about us for a Cup run this season. With respect to the other teams, Tullamore and Athlone/Longford isn't the hardest of routes to the quarters. The Premier seems poorer than last season - in particular, Pat's and Drogheda, against whose last year teams we'd have struggled - and if we keep up our form, the kids we have will be well up for taking anyone on.

Main caveat is the team we play. Pete Mahon used to always play reserve teams. If Martin Russell does it, we won't win. If he decides our first team need more experience, or if he smells success, we may have an outside chance.

Same caveat goes to the Tullamore game, although we did beat them 8-0 in the A League last year. They seem to have improved a bit though.

Cheers for that write up. UCD couldn't have asked for an easier route to the 1/4s. What you think of UCD HT/FT @ 13/8?

pineapple stu
14/04/2009, 11:47 AM
It's a reserve team tonight, confirmed. However, we beat Tullamore 5-0 and 8-0 in the A League last year with several of the players who'll be playing tonight. Tullamore did beat Derry in their opening A League game this year, but Derry were rubbish last season (second last in their group); Tullamore's second game (against Sligo) was postponed, so I'd say they're short on match fitness, although I don't know how they arrange their season.

I'd be confident enough on the HT/FT bet; seems a similar proposition to the Kildare game. What's the odds on a win in both halves?

Raheny Red
14/04/2009, 11:58 AM
Can't see that anywhere but Bet365 have UCD to be leading at half time @ 21/20.

pineapple stu
14/04/2009, 12:13 PM
Do Castlebar have a chance at home against Finn Harps? 9/5 on Paddy Power. No idea how strong Castlebar are though.

eL Bettor
14/04/2009, 4:08 PM
Was trying to find Harps team news on their forum but nothing there.
Their official site says they will use the same squad as was used for the Waterford game on Sat.
Harps odds falling most places now but Hacketts have what is now a standout 6/5.

Hacketts are also a standout on Cork @ 4/7 to beat Kerry League.

Mr A
14/04/2009, 6:07 PM
Took a double on Cork and UCD at around evens.

Also backed Harps at slightly better than evens.

And having just heard that Gerrard is out backed Chelsea at 13-10.

Mr A
14/04/2009, 7:05 PM
Took a double on Cork and UCD at around evens.

Also backed Harps at slightly better than evens.

And having just heard that Gerrard is out backed Chelsea at 13-10.

Cork fecked up the first and Liverpool one up. Bloody hell, the first bet especially I thought was a banker :(

Longfordian
14/04/2009, 9:11 PM
Had Cork in a couple of bets. Ended up putting up more on UCD and Harps and luckily enough I came in about even for them all. Cork were a let down though.

Raheny Red
18/05/2009, 9:02 PM

Ha ha, happy days. UCD into the last 4 now. Shame the semis are so far away though.

eL Bettor
18/05/2009, 10:31 PM
Yep I'm with you on that one Raheny, sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
I actually got 66/1 with Hacketts, as I think I told you at the time, though they did have a fairly low max stake online.

pineapple stu
19/05/2009, 8:43 AM
Don't think we'd have enough to beat Bohs or Rovers though.

But at some stage, I'm going to have to stop getting surprised about this season.

brianw82
19/05/2009, 9:35 AM

But at some stage, I'm going to have to stop getting surprised about this season.

But then everything will stop being so much fun. :)

RR and eL Bettor, how much did you guys make on that UCD bet?

Raheny Red
19/05/2009, 9:35 AM

Yeah, UCD folk really a negative bunch when it comes to your sidee this season.

Oh and Wexford will qualify tonight ;)

pineapple stu
19/05/2009, 9:50 AM
RR and eL Bettor, how much did you guys make on that UCD bet?
It's to win outright, so they've won nothing yet.

Yeah, UCD folk really a negative bunch when it comes to your sidee this season.
Gas thing is I'm usually the ridiculously optimistic, Europe is just around the corner, one!

Oh and Wexford will qualify tonight
Like we could beat Wexford either. :p

eL Bettor
19/05/2009, 10:37 AM
Odds on Sham Rvs falling fast everywhere.

Don't underestimate the influence of Raheny Red on moving markets!! :D

I can't bring myself to bet against Waterford but through a bit of trading on betfair since yesterday I have the equivalent of a free bet on Waterford to win. Am going to the game also, looking forward to it.