PDA

View Full Version : Rovers turn down bids for Grant, Robinson

A face
18/12/2003, 7:38 PM
Rovers turn down bids for Grant, Robinson

Crisis-stricken Shamrock Rovers have reportedly turned down two bids for striker Tony Grant and one for Shane Robinson this week - in the hope that former player Noel Hunt can save the club’s bacon this weekend.

Hunt joined Dunfermline Athletic from the Hoops last January, and has made 19 first-team appearances for the East End Park outfit.

Under a clause in his transfer from Rovers, the crisis Dublin club will reportedly receive another Eur20,000 from Dunfermline when he makes 20 appearances for the Pars - a milestone he may pass when Dunfermline take on Hibernian at Easter Road this weekend.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=9043)

pete
19/12/2003, 11:47 AM
20k might be short term solution but not gonna do anything in the medium term...

:rolleyes:

A face
19/12/2003, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by pete
20k might be short term solution but not gonna do anything in the medium term...

:rolleyes:

have they something up their sleve .... It is money that they dont have right now.

d13bohs
20/12/2003, 4:27 PM
I'm very surprised they turned down our bid of €10k for Grant, if they have something up their sleeve they will have to inform the players waiting on wages what it is very soon. I'd say there will be an announcement in 3-4 weeks :D

Grant agreed terms with us so I'd say he's disappointed (being a Bohs fan and all that) but I'd be very surprised if the deal doesn't materialise before the start of next season