PDA

View Full Version : The How did your team play thread

Lamper.sffc
11/04/2009, 4:21 PM
Just wondering if it would be a good idea for people to post up how they feel their team has played after each game they have seen. I thought it might be good especially for the 1st div because there isnt much coverage for this division in the media. Might be interesting for fans of other clubs to find out how the other teams in the league are doing form wise according to their fans. Maybe talk about who played well in the game and who didnt. what formations and tactics where applied. Did these work in you opinion and so on. Could be interesting to have all this info in one thread.
Just a thought.

LeixlipRed
11/04/2009, 4:25 PM
Liam is that you??

the-blue-harp
11/04/2009, 4:26 PM
i think its a good idea.

Sam_Heggy
12/04/2009, 9:05 AM
I aint saying nothing, our masterful tactics will never be revealed. Nobody can work out our tactics or systems, its almost as if they are non-existent, like ghost tactics.

Lamper.sffc
12/04/2009, 10:20 AM
NSFW youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY25fo_pt1g)

:D

LeixlipRed
12/04/2009, 10:22 AM
Possible NSFW link there.

pineapple stu
12/04/2009, 1:35 PM
Just wondering if it would be a good idea for people to post up how they feel their team has played after each game they have seen.
It's kind of covered at the end of the Match Updates thread each week.

Lamper.sffc
12/04/2009, 3:25 PM
It's kind of covered at the end of the Match Updates thread each week.

It is to a certain extent but it tends to lack details. but if there was a designated thread for it maybe people would talk about the match in a little more detail. It was actually reading what was said at the end of the match updates that gave me the idea. I personally would like to get more info from a fans point of view on how their team is doing. I would find it interesting to read and i would learn alot more about the teams in the division. Maybe others would too.

Rovers fan
12/04/2009, 3:37 PM
Sorry for going OT but what does NSFW actually stand for?

pól-dcfc
12/04/2009, 3:39 PM
Sorry for going OT but what does NSFW actually stand for?

Not Safe For Work

Conor 123
15/04/2009, 5:25 PM
great idea but fingal are no good

Conor 123
15/04/2009, 6:02 PM
Just wondering if it would be a good idea for people to post up how they feel their team has played after each game they have seen. I thought it might be good especially for the 1st div because there isnt much coverage for this division in the media. Might be interesting for fans of other clubs to find out how the other teams in the league are doing form wise according to their fans. Maybe talk about who played well in the game and who didnt. what formations and tactics where applied. Did these work in you opinion and so on. Could be interesting to have all this info in one thread.
Just a thought. UCD are really playing football this season

Lamper.sffc
17/04/2009, 11:58 PM
We went with a 4-3-3. shels with a 4-3-3 from what i could see.

First 15 to 20 minutes where fairly even although I do think we where the side trying to play football. As the first half wore on we started to pass the ball around quite well and where the better side for the last 15 to 20 mins. The goal was pure class, one of the best goals i have seen from our side, great stuff from kirby in the box (my man of the match) and another good finish from Zayed. We finished the half the much better side. I had hoped we would go on in to finish the job in the second half but it never quite worked out that way. It seemed we where more worried about conceding the equalizer than going on to win the game by one or two more. This allowed shels back into the game. Shels had much more possession and pressure on us in the second half without ever really creating much. I never felt shels where capable of scoring. We defended well against the shels attacks which only created the odd half chance. Although Shels did have that chance right at the end where a shels player fluffed his shot from two yards out:D Couldnt make who had the chance(no doubt someone will point it out to me).
All in all I think we deserved it. We always looked the more likely to score even in the second half on the break. While for the most part shels where happy to lump the ball forward and hope their fowards could get in behind us or pick up a few bits and pieces.

Great result for us and UCD lost as well. Good night for fingal

Fair play to shels for the great away support. 1492 was the official attendance.

irishultra
18/04/2009, 12:02 AM
can you just post the fingal starting 11? cheers

TheBoss
18/04/2009, 12:22 AM
Darren Quigley
Philip Byrne
John Frost
Brian Gannon
Shaun Maher
Robert Bayly
Conán Byrne
Alan Kirby
Shaun Williams
Robbie Doyle
Eamon Zayed

Lamper.sffc
18/04/2009, 12:39 AM
can you just post the fingal starting 11? cheers

Should have popped that up in fairness.

Heres the shels:

Delaney
Brennan
Crawley
Hedderman
Doherty
O’Brien
Doyle
Madden
Hynes
Flood
Baker

shelsfan1
18/04/2009, 1:02 AM
We went with a 4-3-3. shels with a 4-4-3 from what i could see.

First 15 to 20 minutes where fairly even although I do think we where the side trying to play football. As the first half wore on we started to pass the ball around quite well and where the better side for the last 15 to 20 mins. The goal was pure class, one of the best goals i have seen from our side, great stuff from kirby in the box (my man of the match) and another good finish from Zayed. We finished the half the much better side. I had hoped we would go on in to finish the job in the second half but it never quite worked out that way. It seemed we where more worried about conceding the equalizer than going on to win the game by one or two more. This allowed shels back into the game. Shels had much more possession and pressure on us in the second half without ever really creating much. I never felt shels where capable of scoring. We defended well against the shels attacks which only created the odd half chance. Although Shels did have that chance right at the end where a shels player fluffed his shot from two yards out:D Couldnt make who had the chance(no doubt someone will point it out to me).
All in all I think we deserved it. We always looked the more likely to score even in the second half on the break. While for the most part shels where happy to lump the ball forward and hope their fowards could get in behind us or pick up a few bits and pieces.

Great result for us and UCD lost as well. Good night for fingal

Fair play to shels for the great away support. 1492 was the official attendance.

Don't forget the fact that shels had a goal wrongly dissallowed in the first half

Lamper.sffc
18/04/2009, 1:07 AM
Don't forget the fact that shels had a goal wrongly dissallowed in the first half

Your right, Apologies. From what I heard from some of your lads, the ref admitted it was the wrong decision to Bisto.

holidaysong
18/04/2009, 6:14 PM
Those are both very strong starting elevens. Surely UCD won't last the pace with their young squad?

DmanDmythDledge
18/04/2009, 6:26 PM
Those are both very strong starting elevens. Surely UCD won't last the pace with their young squad?
I don't think we will last the pace simply because Fingal and Shels have better squads than us. Obviously our lack of experience will further hinder us. Waterford can not be ruled out either. I think Fingal will win the league by a good bit though, probably come close to 10+ points ahead.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
18/04/2009, 6:36 PM
How did my team play today ?

SUPERBLY !

Lamper.sffc
18/04/2009, 11:52 PM
anybody else want to put up a review of how their team played.

Magicme
19/04/2009, 1:33 AM
How did my team play today ?

SUPERBLY !

Where you there? How can you be sure? Was it the 6-0 scoreline that gave it away?

If so, conversely, we were less than wonderful.

Raheny Red
20/04/2009, 8:52 PM
Where you there? How can you be sure? Was it the 6-0 scoreline that gave it away?

If so, conversely, we were less than wonderful.

Were you missing many players or anything like that?!