PDA

View Full Version : Poisonous Break Dancer is at it again...

SkStu
11/04/2009, 2:58 PM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/kenny-hits-back-at-disrespectful-fenlon-1702465.html

its not disrespectful if it is true, Kenny. Oh and by the way we finished 27 points ahead of you not 23.

Rovers Maniac
11/04/2009, 3:30 PM
Comes out with bizarre interview after the match last night, something about Derry being in Eastern Europe :)

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 4:00 PM
"SkStu Digs Up Old News In Attempted Wind-up Shocker!"

SkStu
11/04/2009, 4:09 PM
the article is dated April 8th. Hardly old news now Pol, is it?

Anyway, the guy is an absolute lunatic. I want some of whatever it is he is smoking...

"We played Bohs last month and after the game I feel that Pat Fenlon was disrespectful towards Derry, saying that they finished 23 points ahead of Derry last season," said Kenny.

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 4:18 PM
the article is dated April 8th. Hardly old news now Pol, is it?

Anyway, the guy is an absolute lunatic. I want some of whatever it is he is smoking...

"We played Bohs last month and after the game I feel that Pat Fenlon was disrespectful towards Derry, saying that they finished 23 points ahead of Derry last season," said Kenny.

It's been on the Bohs forum and the Derry forum for days and days. Did you slap it on here to whip up a bit of tension before tonight's game? It's all well and good picking out one quote from an article. Why not read it all? It's hardly "poisonous" or "absolute lunatic".

Kenny makes some good points, particularly with regards to Pat's record with Derry. Hardly great, was it? Pat also took on players like Alan Moore on huge contracts, who rarely played for Derry. Anything wrong with those points?

Kenny was stating that Pat himself, and his performance with Derry, had something to do with us finishing so far behind you last season. I'd say that's correct.

Not to mention the massive overspending that Bohs have been doing again (see accounts passim).

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 4:21 PM
Oh, and just to display the poisonous side of Kenny, here's another quote from the article.

"Bohemians are still the favourites, and rightly so, they won the double last year, and won it at a canter. If you asked 10 managers in the league they would concur with that, but we are getting better," he said.

Maybe you didn't read that far down?

SkStu
11/04/2009, 4:29 PM
It's been on the Bohs forum and the Derry forum for days and days. Did you slap it on here to whip up a bit of tension before tonight's game? It's all well and good picking out one quote from an article. Why not read it all? It's hardly "poisonous" or "absolute lunatic".

Kenny makes some good points, particularly with regards to Pat's record with Derry. Hardly great, was it? Pat also took on players like Alan Moore on huge contracts, who rarely played for Derry. Anything wrong with those points?

Kenny was stating that Pat himself, and his performance with Derry, had something to do with us finishing so far behind you last season. I'd say that's correct.

Not to mention the massive overspending that Bohs have been doing again (see accounts passim).

if the article is dated April 8th - it can hardly be up for "days and days". I make it 3 days. Admittedly, Derry fans were quicker posting up the "Poisonous Dwarf is at it again" thread.

No his record wasnt great with Derry (not that i particularly care about that) but if he is blaming Pat for Derry finishing 7th that season is he also blaming him for Derry winning the League Cup that season?

Look, there is still some goodwill for Kenny from his time with us but he really is making himself look like a right plonker with inaccurate jibes at Bohs and Fenlon. The goodwill is disappearing fast. I think he needs to get on with getting on with Derry as opposed to looking to apportion blame on Fenlon 2 and a half years on. He is (as is typical for him) again getting distracted from the job at hand.

As an aside, here is a genius comeback from Matt on the Bohs messageboard. Im not winding up but its too good not to share with the foot.ie masses.

Dry Your Eyes Stephen......

In one single moment your whole life can turn 'round
An Estonian Team embarrass us and you’re asked to leave the ground
Lookin' to the left slightly, then lookin' back down
You’ll be doing no electric snake tonight, you’ve a proper sorry frown
You begged the board and told them how it could be for us
We can change, different formations, Robbie Doyle might adjust
The thing about you Stephen, even in yourself you’d no trust
You pleaded for another chance, ‘cut my wages if you must’
I looked at you after Tallin and you stared straight back at me
But in your permanently bloodshot eyes I could see you were weary
Then your eyes must have closed for what seems an eternity
When they opened up, you found yourself in a ****hole called Derry

Dry your eyes Steve
I know it's hard to take when all you win is league cups
And constantly fail in the league
Dry your eyes Steve
I know the Derry fans they think that you’re ‘tremendous’
Even though you walked away now
It's over

So then you moved on to manage an SPL side
Again, some cup success, but from your league stats you can’t hide
Once more asked to leave, took a plane to the skies
Touched back down in Derry, I’m sure I saw you sigh
'Cause they can't imagine their life without you Steve
Even after you ****ed them over, they still love you, hard to believe
But c’mon now, hold your hands up and look where the title is rested
And look at the team that holds it and the talent they’re blessed with
So quit with these outbursts and these silly gestures

Dry your eyes Steve
Dry your eyes Steve
It's over

And You’re just standin' there, can't say a word
Kalonas has just scored
And everythin's just gone
You've got nothin'
Absolutely nothin'

So you try to lash out, out of bare desperation
Say Nutsy is disrespectful, try to change what he’s saying
Hoping for a response that you can engage in
But Pat won’t bite, even in mind games you’re failing
But you’re not gonna ****in', just ****in' leave it all now
I’m sure you’ll carry on with your tirade from that small nordie town
But we all know at some stage you're gonna simply crash and fall down
You say Pat is well out of order now, he’s is well out of town
But Pat tells the truth and gives it to you straight
27 points and 2 trophies on our case

Dry your eyes Steve
Dry your eyes Steve
It's over

SkStu
11/04/2009, 4:30 PM
Oh, and just to display the poisonous side of Kenny, here's another quote from the article.

Maybe you didn't read that far down?

of course i did. Thats simply a pretty bad attempt at mind games, placing the pressure on Bohs... well played Kenny :rolleyes:

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 4:36 PM
of course i did. Thats simply a pretty bad attempt at mind games, placing the pressure on Bohs... well played Kenny :rolleyes:

Or maybe he was asked his opinion and gave a response? To be honest, Fenlon tried his best to **** up my club, just as he (and your board, and members at your recent agm) is doing to yours at the moment. We're still recovering from when Stephen left us. Yeah we won a League Cup that season, but as we're constantly reminded by you at the Big Club, only Minnows want that 'tin-pot'.

As for the song, it's a rip-off of Gift Grub sketch. Hardly one for the Novello Awards is it?

SkStu
11/04/2009, 4:45 PM
Or maybe he was asked his opinion and gave a response? To be honest, Fenlon tried his best to **** up my club, just as he (and your board, and members at your recent agm) is doing to yours at the moment. We're still recovering from when Stephen left us. Yeah we won a League Cup that season, but as we're constantly reminded by you at the Big Club, only Minnows want that 'tin-pot'.

As for the song, it's a rip-off of Gift Grub sketch. Hardly one for the Novello Awards is it?

seriously, how long does it take for a club to get over a manager leaving?

Also, did Fenlon hold a gun to the Derry boards collective heads or what? Do they not shoulder any of the blame? I personally hold the Bohs board responsible for handing out money willy nilly to Connor and Fenlon and placing our club in jeapordy. I think most Shels fans blame Ollie Byrne for what has happened there. I find it hard to place much blame at the door of the manager. They are not responsible for running a club prudently, the board are.

But i feel we are getting distracted from the issue here which is Stephen Kenny and his ability to moan about anything and everything and his desire to remove all culpability from himself when Derry choke in the league. I think Derry City would be better off in the long run if Kenny kept his trap shut and got on with managing his side effectively.

CSFShels
11/04/2009, 5:05 PM
I think what Kenny is saying is reasonable enough.

SkStu
11/04/2009, 5:09 PM

CSFShels can you answer how Fenlon pointing out something like this is disrespectful cos im still scratching my head trying to work that gem out...

CSFShels
11/04/2009, 5:14 PM

CSFShels can you answer how Fenlon pointing out something like this is disrespectful cos im still scratching my head trying to work that gem out...
Well it comes across as more than a bit arrogant.

Aaron
11/04/2009, 5:30 PM

Read the next paragraph in that article ffs:rolleyes:

SkStu
11/04/2009, 5:34 PM
how many games was Fenlon in charge for ffs?

The guy is just constantly looking for excuses and its pretty boring. What Fenlon said simply is not disrespectful, its just a fact. And any arrogance was born out of a previous attempt by Kenny to wind Fenlon up. It looks like Kenny can give it but he cant take it.

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 5:37 PM
how many games was Fenlon in charge for ffs?

The guy is just constantly looking for excuses and its pretty boring. What Fenlon said simply is not disrespectful, its just a fact. And any arrogance was born out of a previous attempt by Kenny to wind Fenlon up. It looks like Kenny can give it but he cant take it.

How many games has nothing to do with it. I agree with you that the board should have had a tighter rein on some of his more "exotic" signings, but Fenlon did spunk 100k of our money into the Alan Moore black hole. Not to mention the wages we were paying the rest of the pies he signed.

SkStu
11/04/2009, 5:40 PM
How many games has nothing to do with it. I agree with you that the board should have had a tighter rein on some of his more "exotic" signings, but Fenlon did spunk 100k of our money into the Alan Moore black hole. Not to mention the wages we were paying the rest of the pies he signed.

humour me though - how many games did Fenlon manage Derry for until Robertson (was it?) took over?

bellavistaman
11/04/2009, 5:43 PM
I like kenny i must admit, where as fenlon, im not sure!!! Kenny only putting all facts in the table but in a rafa way!

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 5:51 PM
humour me though - how many games did Fenlon manage Derry for until Robertson (was it?) took over?

According to our wiki page, 18 before Pizza took over - he won 6. The number of games doesn't matter. It's the rubbish he brought to the club, who Pizza and then the Drunk were saddled with. Not to mention the huge wages involved.

osarusan
11/04/2009, 5:59 PM
I think Derry City would be better off in the long run if Kenny kept his trap shut and got on with managing his side effectively.
Perhaps foot.ie would be better in the long run if you kept your trap shut about Kenny.

SkStu
11/04/2009, 6:02 PM
i could say the same thing about Derry fans and the way they go on about Fenlon here but i wont because its their right and its a rivalry and a bit of banter. When i feel its appropriate ill say whatever i like about Kenny in response. Tough sh1t. You dont have to read it.

pól-dcfc
11/04/2009, 6:09 PM
i could say the same thing about Derry fans and the way they go on about Fenlon here but i wont because its their right and its a rivalry and a bit of banter. When i feel its appropriate ill say whatever i like about Kenny in response. Tough sh1t. You dont have to read it.

Yawn.

OneRedArmy
12/04/2009, 1:02 AM
seriously, how long does it take for a club to get over a manager leaving?Well if we take you as the standard, given Kenny's a long time out of Bohs and you're still prattling on about his every word, we've a few years of Fenlon-baiting left...

SkStu
13/04/2009, 4:44 PM
http://betdiary.ie/thebigo/2009/04/09/knickers-in-a-twist/

Back home, meanwhile, Stephen Kenny and Pat Fenlon have again fallen out. Kenny took offence to Fenlon reminding people of the gap between Bohs and Derry last season and suggested his fellow Dubliner should acknowledge that some of Derry’s difficulties stemmed from Fenlon’s ill-fated spell in charge of the Candystripes in 2007.

While it may seem to childish to have brought up the gap, Fenlon only mentioned it because he was irked by being asked about his failure to beat Derry (aside from a penalty shoot-out victory in the FAI Cup final) as Bohs’ manager. And it’s not a bad retort, is it?

But it prompted Kenny to highlight how unsuccessful Fenlon’s signings for Derry were. It is certainly that results during his short stint made it almost impossible for the club to qualify for Europe. But, while the loss of revenue was significant, to directly link it to the sale of Paddy McCourt and Niall McGinn is a little far-fetched. Regardless of the club’s financial position, those two players would always have been sold once Celtic came knocking with a half-decent offer.

Furthermore, he did not mention how, during Fenlon’s reign, Derry collected a cool €140,000 for loaning Ciarán Martyn to Fredrikstad while they also managed to rake in close to €20,ooo from St Pat’s for Dave Rogers, signed by Fenlon on a free, as was every other player he brought to the Brandywell.

Anyhow, Fenlon proved something of a spoilsport by not rising to the bait, other than to say to The Irish Sun that he had won four league titles in six years and was concentrating on trying to win a fifth. Miaow!

Derry
14/04/2009, 10:40 AM
Fenlon has now also shown disrespect to Cork after they beat Bohs at Dalymount. Instead of congratulating the Cork team as what most managers would have done, Fenlon has a go at the Cork players for over celebrating their win. His comment, 'you'd think they won the league' shows disrespect and arrogance that appears to embedded in not only Fenlon, but the clubs supporters.

Jersey Cow
14/04/2009, 12:09 PM
The difference with kenny and Fenlon is simple, Kenny has not ruined or bankrupt any club....Fenlon so far has done it at Shels and is well on the way to repeating the feat at Bohs.....oh and also, Kenny has a touch of class....Fenlon on the other hand , couldn't spell it...

LeixlipRed
14/04/2009, 12:16 PM
Fenlon didn't bankrupt Shels. Ollie Byrne did.

dcfcsteve
14/04/2009, 3:45 PM
seriously, how long does it take for a club to get over a manager leaving?

About 5 years+, judging by the hard-on you still have for Stephen Kenny.....

SkStu
14/04/2009, 4:03 PM
yeah, we really miss him and the way he'd look at ye.