PDA

View Full Version : Thomond Park Tickets

northsiderkid
10/04/2009, 7:43 PM
Got a letter from the FAI regarding tickets for Thomond Park games later in the year v Australia and South Africa. I am really annoyed at the ticket prices they are as follows

Stand ticket €55.00:eek:
Terrace at the side of the pitch €35.00
Terrace behind the goals €25.00

This is a joke and I fear that a very small crowd will attend due to the financial problems people have and if this happens it will be another 30 years before we see another game outside Dublin. This means if want to bring my child to the game I have to pay €55 for a seat for him otherwise he wont see a thing.

I hope they see sense and change these prices after all it was cheaper to see a competitive international at Croke Park not to mention €10 to get into the game in Bari.:eek:

lopez
10/04/2009, 8:50 PM
Got a letter from the FAI regarding tickets for Thomond Park games later in the year v Australia and South Africa. I am really annoyed at the ticket prices they are as follows

This is a joke and I fear that a very small crowd will attend due to the financial problems people have and if this happens it will be another 30 years before we see another game outside Dublin. This means if want to bring my child to the game I have to pay €55 for a seat for him otherwise he wont see a thing.

I hope they see sense and change these prices after all it was cheaper to see a competitive international at Croke Park not to mention €10 to get into the game in Bari.:eek:What an absolute joke. After €10 to get into Bari, they charge this much for two meaningless friendlies against what?.. two countries that are international lightweights. What's it going to be for the Lansdowne opening against Spain or Argentina (more like Wales)? €100??? I don't go to many home games. I have to say it's no wonder the atmosphere is so poor when the only people whocan afford to go are the loaded. Shame on you FAI! :mad:

Bluetonic
12/04/2009, 6:17 PM
What rental charge is on the FAI for using Thomond?

Ticket prices will be the same as in Croker for the return to Lansdowne.

Battery Rover
12/04/2009, 10:17 PM
Ticket prices will be the same as in Croker for the return to Lansdowne.

Is that confirmed? On my block booking for Lansdowne I didn't see a mention of prices.

Greenforever
13/04/2009, 1:25 AM
My worry would have been getting tickets... prices are the same as normal, and while away games are much cheaper, gate receipts are one of the FAI's major source of revenu and this money makes it way down to junior football and schoolkids etc.

SUB of the day
13/04/2009, 3:39 PM
Is that confirmed? On my block booking for Lansdowne I didn't see a mention of prices.

" on your block booking for Lansdowne"......please explain, has there been a communication from abbottstown? that Ive missed

Ringo
13/04/2009, 4:23 PM
My worry would have been getting tickets... prices are the same as normal, and while away games are much cheaper, gate receipts are one of the FAI's major source of revenu and this money makes it way down to junior football and schoolkids etc.

I think as said before here, look at the rugby prices. The other thing , a lot of people would support soccer here every week & a lot of people only go to internationals. it would be nice for a discount for those supporting it 12 months of the year.

elroy
13/04/2009, 10:44 PM

I hope they see sense and change these prices after all it was cheaper to see a competitive international at Croke Park not to mention €10 to get into the game in Bari.:eek:

Ouch, havent been to the new Thomond but 55 is harsh for a stand ticket. With the relatively small capacity doubt it will have any problem selling out, but wouldve thought 45, 30 and 20 wouldve been more appropriate.

Ash
14/04/2009, 8:45 AM
" on your block booking for Lansdowne"......please explain, has there been a communication from abbottstown? that Ive missed

Letter sent out the other week to confirm block booking allocation for the new stadium.

Dodge
14/04/2009, 9:18 AM
How much did the IRFU charge for the rugby international held in Thomand?

I think I read it only got 16,000 at it?

gspain
14/04/2009, 11:05 AM
16,000 for the rugby was the attendance all right. I think it was €50 for a seat but can't remember exactly. Munster would be obviously far far more important than Ireland in rugby in Limerick.

The East or West terraces are the best place in Thomond to watch a match.

jbyrne
14/04/2009, 12:19 PM
16,000 for the rugby was the attendance all right. I think it was €50 for a seat but can't remember exactly. Munster would be obviously far far more important than Ireland in rugby in Limerick.

The East or West terraces are the best place in Thomond to watch a match.

terrace tickets for the canada match were €25 and stand were €32 / €40. the €55 for a stand ticket being charged by the FAI is mad. the two friendlys will be lucky to get 15,000 each IMO

Bluetonic
14/04/2009, 2:05 PM
They said it a few months back alright.

galah
15/04/2009, 9:12 AM

When are they going on sale? not a block booker yet but normally get letter from fai offering tickets but head nothing about thomond games. did you get the option to buy them?

NeilMcD
15/04/2009, 9:16 AM
I think they are offering block bookers the options first and see what the response is and then they will go on public sale I reckon. If the block bookers take up the full amount they will not go on sale. This is my my view.

jbyrne
15/04/2009, 9:44 AM
I think they are offering block bookers the options first and see what the response is and then they will go on public sale I reckon. If the block bookers take up the full amount they will not go on sale. This is my my view.

i would be shocked if these games sell-out. stand tickets are way too expensive. the novelty factor may help the attendance at the first match but the second wont have a big crowd at it

OneRedArmy
15/04/2009, 10:30 AM
Personally I think the fact its in Thomand is irrelevant, its way too much for a mickey mouse friendly wherever its held.

I've been expecting the FAI to get a wake-up call over ticket prices for the last while, but people seem willing to pay. I honestly don't know how people can afford to bring their kids to games.

I suppose their argument is that's it's comparable with a concert ticket etc. But if you're a regular club football attender it's all incremental.

In many ways the FAI are lucky we're still in contention in the group and the return to Lansdowne is getting closer. Otherwise not only would they not be able to shift tickets to the occasional punter, but some blockbookers would pack it in having been forced to pay top whack for mediocre opposition.

SuperDave
17/04/2009, 10:21 PM
wait.... we don't have to buy these tickets to keep our block booking do we?

kingdomkerry
18/04/2009, 11:01 AM
No. Blockbookers who do not avail of these tickets will not loose their their blockbooking as far as I am aware.

Superhoops
18/04/2009, 12:13 PM
From the Application Form:

'These matches will not fall under the normal terms of the FAI block booking scheme and each match will be sold separately. Nonetheless, we would like to offer you as our most loyal and regular customers first option on tickets.'

Torn-Ado
18/04/2009, 2:34 PM
I can see these games selling out easily regardless of price.

jok1
28/04/2009, 9:59 AM
Lads,
Just a bit concerned regarding some of your posts. I was on the blockbooking waiting list when we were in LR. I then got BB status when we moved to CP.
1. I have not got a lettter regarding Thomand Matches
2. I have not got a letter regarding BB on our return to CP.
3. I have got a letter from the FAI re the 10 year ticket in LR (i`m a valued supporter!)

Are the FAI going to dump me and all the others who have taken tickets over the last 2 campaigns on our return to c.p.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but am worried that the days of trying to scrounge tickets will be returning.

reder
29/04/2009, 8:32 AM
Are the FAI going to dump me and all the others who have taken tickets over the last 2 campaigns on our return to c.p.

Assuming all existing BBs from the old LR take up seats in the new LR then the answer is yes. A mate of mine is in the exact same boat. In the event an existing BB from the old LR doesnt take up the same quota of seats in the new LR then you will get a chance of seats in the new LR.

Only BB from the old LR have gotten the option of buying seats in the new LR (10 year or standard) from those I know.

SuperDave
29/04/2009, 4:40 PM
Assuming all existing BBs from the old LR take up seats in the new LR then the answer is yes. A mate of mine is in the exact same boat. In the event an existing BB from the old LR doesnt take up the same quota of seats in the new LR then you will get a chance of seats in the new LR.

Only BB from the old LR have gotten the option of buying seats in the new LR (10 year or standard) from those I know.

I got a slightly different answer from the ticket office in the FAI in that they said they hadn't decided yet. They did confirm that all those who had tickets in the old LR and then increased their allocation on going to CP would return to the original allocation on return to LR. They weren't so clear on what happened after that (that is, whether waiting listers would then be accommodated, or whether it would be the additional tickets BBers had been taking at croker), but with an increase in capacity of 15,000 for competitive games I would be fairly sure waiting listers would get sorted (even though there are 10,000 premium seats). However, waiting listers may only get one ticket each, although we shall see, as the ticket office indicated to me that they may get as many as they had been taking at croker, up to a set maximum, be that two or four, although it was stressed no decision had been made. I was talking to them a couple of months ago and a final decision had yet to be made. Anything else is just speculation. However, I would expect that some existing BBers would have taken up the option on premium seating and also that some natural wastage would occur due to the recession. The only thing we can say with certainty is that it will all be a lot clearer this time next year and little on the matter can be said with certainty until closer to the opening date at LR and until it is clear what the uptake on premium seating has been like.

elroy
29/04/2009, 8:40 PM
Lads,
Just a bit concerned regarding some of your posts. I was on the blockbooking waiting list when we were in LR. I then got BB status when we moved to CP.
1. I have not got a lettter regarding Thomand Matches
2. I have not got a letter regarding BB on our return to CP.
3. I have got a letter from the FAI re the 10 year ticket in LR (i`m a valued supporter!)

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but am worried that the days of trying to scrounge tickets will be returning.

Similar boat to yourself, am on the waiting list since approx 2001, although i know people who have been on the waiting list less than that and are now on the BB list. Not really sure how that happened because I have always bought tickets from the FAI that they offered. I think the existing BBs received some correspondence recently but I think they will get their old allocation and perhaps the option to buy some more. A certain number of the WLs will probably be offered max two tickets as well provisionally. Only then when the fai have a cleared indication of how many they can sell through the block booking scheme will we know how they actually allocate them. From the FAI perspective, they would be more than happy to have each game sold out in advance to the BBs and Premium club. I would imagine they will achieve this easily enough.

NeilMcD
29/04/2009, 11:48 PM
I am a BB and I was on 2 tickets at LR and I took 6 ticketes for every match for Croke Park and I got a letter I will be returning to 2 at the New LR and to ask if I was still interested in keeping those 2. That is where its at at the moment. I presume following on from that survey of pre Croke Park Block Bookers they will then see how many tickets they have left and offer them to the waiting list to a maximum of 2 tickets each.

Bluetonic
30/04/2009, 8:48 AM
I presume they will just offer people on the waiting list the amount they originally asked to be added onto the waiting list for. No point in offering people 2 when they asked to be added for 1, or for 1 when they asked to be added for 2 etc..,

Hardly rocked science, why the need to change a system that was already in place? When I joined the waiting list I made it clear how many tickets I was to be added onto the waiting list for and was accepted, I presume others did similar and were accepted.

Why make things so complicated.

jok1
30/04/2009, 9:24 AM
Spoke to Emma in the ticket office this week and like above she said no decision would be made until after this current campaign. I`m 1080 on the bb waiting list, so will have to wait and see. Just shows that 50,000 capacity is not enough and creates a closed shop, also people getting large quatities of tickets over 4 is probaly not that fair either.

elroy
30/04/2009, 11:54 AM
Just shows that 50,000 capacity is not enough and creates a closed shop, also people getting large quatities of tickets over 4 is probaly not that fair either.

I tend to agree but then again, for the Georgia game we didnt even make the 50k in croker. Ya i know it was mid week but in general I think 50k is about right. Ireland has a solid core support that will go to every game no matter what but like every sport, when the team is doing well there is a greater demand for tickets, for bigger games etc.

Id prefer to have a 50k stadium full for every game than 70k only full 70% of the time.

mandrake
30/04/2009, 12:07 PM
What an absolute joke. After €10 to get into Bari, they charge this much for two meaningless friendlies against what?.. two countries that are international lightweights. What's it going to be for the Lansdowne opening against Spain or Argentina (more like Wales)? €100??? I don't go to many home games. I have to say it's no wonder the atmosphere is so poor when the only people whocan afford to go are the loaded. Shame on you FAI! :mad:

have to agree with lopez on this one, crazy prices for a friendly, i think they couldve knocked 5 or 10 off the prices, and in august in munster there is a lot of teams left in the bogball and jungle hocky so maybe not as much interest in 'soccer'..
i seen in the paper yesterday that the gaa are reducing prices....

elroy
30/04/2009, 12:45 PM
i seen in the paper yesterday that the gaa are reducing prices....

yes and surprisingly Mr "I love gaa" Tom Humphries hasnt written an article to praise them for it yet and say how good they are in comparison to the IRFU or FAI.

When you read between the lines though, you notice its only the League finals that they have reduced the prices for, largely due to the relatively low attendance last year and championship prices are unaffected.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0420/gaa_nfl_ticketprices.html

gspain
30/04/2009, 2:55 PM
yes and surprisingly Mr "I love gaa" Tom Humphries hasnt written an article to praise them for it yet and say how good they are in comparison to the IRFU or FAI.

When you read between the lines though, you notice its only the League finals that they have reduced the prices for, largely due to the relatively low attendance last year and championship prices are unaffected.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0420/gaa_nfl_ticketprices.html

You mean Tom "I hate football but I detest rugby even more" Humphries who then goes on football trips writing about how he wished he was at home watching Dublin U14s (so did we Tom).

I believe the GAA and rugby tickets prices are by and large dearer than football Internationals - €90 per seat for 6N, €70 per seat for GAA finals. Most seats are €50 for competitive Internationals and €40 for friendlies in Croke Park. The GAA do have a very generous season ticket scheme which rewarded their loyal fans who go to all games with cheap admission and guaranteed tickets for big games. If we have to beat Italy to qualify for the World Cup there will be nobody moaning about having to pay 5 times the admission price in Bari. However if we are already out plenty will be moaning about having to pay €50 to watch the Montenegro game just to keep a BB.

The FAI Cup Final was only €15 which was great value for money.

You can make arguments lots of different ways. In rugby the HC SF seats on saturday are cheaper than the QF at Thomond Park.

Sure you can use examples - €10 in to Bari and €12 in to Limerick v Monaghan a few days later but by and large I don't think football is too expensive here.

The FAI have to pay rent for both Croke Park and Thomond Park. There are high costs in running these games. I still think Thomond is a bit overpriced and imo won't sellout now. However if it sells out then those who set the prices will feel justified.

francesco_1
20/05/2009, 3:00 PM
You mean Tom "I hate football but I detest rugby even more" Humphries who then goes on football trips writing about how he wished he was at home watching Dublin U14s (so did we Tom).

I believe the GAA and rugby tickets prices are by and large dearer than football Internationals - €90 per seat for 6N, €70 per seat for GAA finals. Most seats are €50 for competitive Internationals and €40 for friendlies in Croke Park. The GAA do have a very generous season ticket scheme which rewarded their loyal fans who go to all games with cheap admission and guaranteed tickets for big games. If we have to beat Italy to qualify for the World Cup there will be nobody moaning about having to pay 5 times the admission price in Bari. However if we are already out plenty will be moaning about having to pay €50 to watch the Montenegro game just to keep a BB.

The FAI Cup Final was only €15 which was great value for money.

You can make arguments lots of different ways. In rugby the HC SF seats on saturday are cheaper than the QF at Thomond Park.

Sure you can use examples - €10 in to Bari and €12 in to Limerick v Monaghan a few days later but by and large I don't think football is too expensive here.

The FAI have to pay rent for both Croke Park and Thomond Park. There are high costs in running these games. I still think Thomond is a bit overpriced and imo won't sellout now. However if it sells out then those who set the prices will feel justified.

I watched an AC Milan Serie A match last year in the san siro featuring kaka and co for 14 euro, the fai know people will come and pay top prices for tickets its supply and demand.

10/06/2009, 9:23 AM
must ring about the friendly in thomond park... didnt get any letter about it and i can see it from the top of my road

galah
10/06/2009, 11:05 AM
tickets going on pre-sale in gleeson sports top of william street this week and on ticketmaster at the end of the month...

AidoM
10/06/2009, 11:10 AM
tickets going on pre-sale in gleeson sports top of william street this week and on ticketmaster at the end of the month...

Just on to ticket office in FAI. They can accommodate all the requests from Block Bookers so the balance will be going on general sale. Invoice will issue to BB's next week.

finbarrk
11/06/2009, 6:18 PM
I just bought 10 today in Gleesons for the Aus match. South terrace, €25 each.

SuperDave
12/06/2009, 1:50 PM
Just on to ticket office in FAI. They can accommodate all the requests from Block Bookers so the balance will be going on general sale. Invoice will issue to BB's next week.

wait.... BBers don't HAVE to buy tickets, do they?

Schumi
12/06/2009, 1:52 PM

Of course not, Thomond Park's capacity is less than the number of block booked tickets.

AidoM
12/06/2009, 4:27 PM

BBers were asked some time ago how many tickets they wanted for the Thomond fixtures and based on the replies received they can accommodate the number of tickets asked for by BBers :D

SuperDave
16/06/2009, 1:42 PM
that's fine. I got nothing from the FAI and was wondering what the deal was. I'm only a waiting lister anyway.

mypost
16/06/2009, 2:25 PM

Not familiar with the level of cover at Thomond, as I don't watch the rugby, but weather permitting, standing behind the goals is a perfecty acceptable view, and while it's not a perfectly acceptable price, it is half what the Davin Stand is in Croker.

gspain
17/06/2009, 7:31 AM
Not familiar with the level of cover at Thomond, as I don't watch the rugby, but weather permitting, standing behind the goals is a perfecty acceptable view, and while it's not a perfectly acceptable price, it is half what the Davin Stand is in Croker.

Both stands are well covered and the east and west terraces are covered to an extent. The prevailing wind can blow rain into the front of the east stand and terrace. The north and south terraces are totally exposed and very bleak in the rain.

I'd recommend the east or west terrace - great view, close to the action. The front of the stands are fine but at the back you are very high up and a long way away.

I'll be in the stand for Australia as I'm bringing my father but will be on the terrace for South Africa.

EastTerracer
18/06/2009, 2:49 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the FAI website trying to pay for tickets? I keep getting a message saying the site is offline, please try tomorrow. They do seem to struggle with technology out in Abbotstown.

viagogo
18/06/2009, 7:36 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the FAI website trying to pay for tickets? I keep getting a message saying the site is offline, please try tomorrow. They do seem to struggle with technology out in Abbotstown.

Am having same problem. Seems like every time this option is there we have problems. Will try over weekend if it doesnt work by then will have to post it.

centre mid
18/06/2009, 8:38 PM
Will the bars be open in Thomond Park for the matches v Australia / South Africa?

finbarrk
18/06/2009, 9:41 PM
Will the bars be open in Thomond Park for the matches v Australia / South Africa?
Of course they will. Revenue for Shannon and Bohs.

finbarrk
26/06/2009, 12:29 AM
Here ye go now lads.
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100039&catid=86&Itemid=135