PDA

View Full Version : Kit supplier and service.

Sam_Heggy
09/04/2009, 11:24 AM
Just a general thought, we currently deal with Masita and generally we find them to have good quality gear and quick with their supply.

Who is your kit suppliers and how do you find their service?

Are fans generally happy with their kits?

I have been getting calls from alot of kit suppliers lately with regards to next season and I see no harm in shopping around but if Masita offer a better service we would stay put.

niallsparky
09/04/2009, 11:27 AM
We're with Umbro and they're fantastic. We have a great range of merchandise available in the shop and it's all top quality.

Longfordian
09/04/2009, 11:31 AM
We were with Masita for a couple of years for the two cup finals in 2003 and 2004 luckily for them and us as in fairness they were able to get us a good bit of gear to sell in the weeks beforehand both years and at Christmas both years. We sold a lot of merchandise in those two years. They do a good range of stuff like bench jackets rain jackets etc but I think the team gear is a little lacking in quality when compared to the likes of Umbro. We're currently with Uhlsport haven't seen much of their gear yet except the team jerseys which aren't hectic. I assume they're pretty cheap though.

Dodge
09/04/2009, 11:32 AM
Umbro's quality is top notch but I've heard that some slums don't get as good service as Bohs and Rovers

Pats were looking at options last year so they obviously weren't in love with umbro

Sam_Heggy
09/04/2009, 11:33 AM
We were with Masita for a couple of years for the two cup finals in 2003 and 2004 luckily for them and us as in fairness they were able to get us a good bit of gear to sell in the weeks beforehand both years and at Christmas both years. We sold a lot of merchandise in those two years. They do a good range of stuff like bench jackets rain jackets etc but I think the team gear is a little lacking in quality when compared to the likes of Umbro. We're currently with Uhlsport haven't seen much of their gear yet except the team jerseys which aren't hectic. I assume they're pretty cheap though.

Doesn't your kitman work for a different supplier?

Longfordian
09/04/2009, 11:36 AM
So I believe yeah, Diadora I think. I don't know whether they weren't in a position to offer as good a deal or whether he didn't want to mix business and pleasure. He posts on here sometimes so maybe he'll answer himself!

adamd164
09/04/2009, 12:06 PM
We're the only Irish club with Hummel, afaik.

Find the quality of the merch very good - streets ahead of O'Neills, who were our last sponsor. Their designs are nicer too.

Sam_Heggy
09/04/2009, 12:10 PM

Find the quality of the merch very good - streets ahead of O'Neills, who were our last sponsor. Their designs are nicer too.

Yeah Hummell are doing a few Ulster Senior League clubs this season too, nice gear.

Mr A
09/04/2009, 12:17 PM
When Harps dealt with Umbro last it was a complete disaster, pathetic quality stuff.

gufc2000
09/04/2009, 12:20 PM
We deal with a local brand, Rival. This our first year with them and things seem to be going pretty well. Alot of new merchandise has been sold and there's a good variety. The jersies are done quite well, nicely desinged. There not as good as quality as umbro but I'm happy with them

DmanDmythDledge
09/04/2009, 12:23 PM
We're with O'Neills and they are terrible. We were about to change a couple of years ago- think it was Jako- but never went ahead with it.

WexCar
09/04/2009, 12:41 PM
just at thought but could the FAI not follow the example of the NFL in the US and negotiate a deal with one kit supplier so that every club is supplied by one company, they may be able to get more money collectively than individual clubs doing their seperate things, also the league as a whole would act as one big customer so therefore should get good quality service.

any thoughts on this? is it a good, bad or rubbish idea? :)

apologies if it was brought up before. :)

Youths4Ever
09/04/2009, 12:58 PM
Youths are with O'Neills quality is poor can't match a delivery and are very slow to deliver on orders

kellco88
09/04/2009, 12:59 PM
just at thought but could the FAI not follow the example of the NFL in the US and negotiate a deal with one kit supplier so that every club is supplied by one company, they may be able to get more money collectively than individual clubs doing their seperate things, also the league as a whole would act as one big customer so therefore should get good quality service.

The NFL use various suppliers the bulk of them do use the same. In theory it is a good idea but i doubt some of the bigger clubs would want to change supplier if they already have a good deal

Dodge
09/04/2009, 1:06 PM
The NFL use various suppliers the bulk of them do use the same. In theory it is a good idea but i doubt some of the bigger clubs would want to change supplier if they already have a good deal

No, he's right. The NFL has an exclusive deal with Reebok. Works for them as they have a lot of shared revenue streams

Wouldn't work for LOI imo

pineapple stu
09/04/2009, 1:09 PM
I know we have a deal with O'Neills whereby we get free kit in exchange for access to the Superleague market. Other clubs probably have similar kind of tie ins which would make a single supplier awkward.

BrayUnknowns
09/04/2009, 1:17 PM
Bray are with Umbro but from what i've heard have had nothing but trouble with them. I've heard a few clubs aren't fans of Umbro but don't really have many other choices

kellco88
09/04/2009, 1:17 PM
No, he's right. The NFL has an exclusive deal with Reebok. Works for them as they have a lot of shared revenue streams

A Number of NFL teams are using addidas and nike. they are not obliged to wear reebok but most do. If you had one kit supplier its stops clubs from trying to get better deals from other suppliers

Sam_Heggy
09/04/2009, 1:22 PM
Bray are with Umbro but from what i've heard have had nothing but trouble with them. I've heard a few clubs aren't fans of Umbro but don't really have many other choices

Lots of choice out there, we have dealt with O'Neills, Umbro, PF Sports, Masita, Jako and others.

I have not gone out looking for another kit supplier, yet have been contacted by 6 different companies since Jan.

BrayUnknowns
09/04/2009, 1:44 PM
Lots of choice out there, we have dealt with O'Neills, Umbro, PF Sports, Masita, Jako and others.

I have not gone out looking for another kit supplier, yet have been contacted by 6 different companies since Jan.

What i meant by that is that a lot of clubs have burnt their bridges with previous kit suppliers by moving in the 1st place.

Ash
09/04/2009, 1:45 PM

Incidently, what were PF Sports like when ye had then?
I used to deal with them a few years ago.

soccerc
09/04/2009, 1:55 PM

Indeed, a few clubs had a great long term relationship wit the Star newspaper who were generous enough.

This year the FAI/League took control of that sponsorship so the same pot is now divided 22 ways as a shared stream.

Mr A
09/04/2009, 2:29 PM
Incidently, what were PF Sports like when ye had then?
I used to deal with them a few years ago.

I think during Harps initial spell with them they were very good, but during the second they were an absolute shambles. At one stage I had a Harps director ringing me saying the club would pay for me to take a taxi from Galway to their HQ in Tuam to attempt to harangue them into delivering long overdue training gear for the team.

holidaysong
09/04/2009, 2:48 PM
We're in our third season with Umbro. They have very nice gear and good quality. However, with our last jersey and our new one this season it hasn't been out in time for fans to buy before the start of the season.

jay1
09/04/2009, 3:06 PM
whatever happened to HI-TEC or are they still around?

Jofspring
09/04/2009, 3:10 PM
We're in our third season with Umbro. They have very nice gear and good quality. However, with our last jersey and our new one this season it hasn't been out in time for fans to buy before the start of the season.

Limerick are Umbro too. Very nice jersey but no sign of them being for sale yet. I don't know whether its the club or Umbro is the cause of this. Dundalk have a nice jersey, as did they last year.

Titan
09/04/2009, 3:49 PM
Doesn't your kitman work for a different supplier?

Azzurri. I only started with them after the uhlsport deal was done and as another poster says I wouldnt want to mix business with pleasure! I'll leave you to work out which is which!

Titan
09/04/2009, 3:51 PM

any thoughts on this? is it a good, bad or rubbish idea? :)

apologies if it was brought up before. :)

Its a good isea but theres an eu law preventing it (anti competition or some such rubbish) so it wont be happening anytime soon! (Thank God :) )

Dunny
09/04/2009, 3:53 PM
Limerick are Umbro too. Very nice jersey but no sign of them being for sale yet. I don't know whether its the club or Umbro is the cause of this. Dundalk have a nice jersey, as did they last year.

They screwed up our main sponsor, size was way too small so they had to be sent back. Logo is perfect at the min apart from it will probably fall off...

Longfordian
09/04/2009, 3:54 PM
Azzurri. I only started with them after the uhlsport deal was done and as another poster says I wouldnt want to mix business with pleasure! I'll leave you to work out which is which!

Out of curiosity how are you finding the Uhlsport stuff?.

joema
09/04/2009, 4:01 PM
I know we have a deal with O'Neills whereby we get free kit in exchange for access to the Superleague market. Other clubs probably have similar kind of tie ins which would make a single supplier awkward.

Superleague market? What that?

Fr Damo
09/04/2009, 4:24 PM

o
Pretty sure Hummel don't sponser you guy's, infact they were owed a large five figure sum as far as i know. Most clubs are not "sponcored" by any gear supplier, they are mearly customers like everyone else. The spin off in terms of replica is chicken feed for the gear provider and not worth free issuing to LOI teams.

pineapple stu
09/04/2009, 4:28 PM
Superleague market? What that?
Teams in the UCD Superleague can get their own kit, or we can give them an O'Neill's brochure to pick and choose from. 64 teams each year, each lasting an average of maybe two years - probably a nice little market for them. In exchange for that, I think UCD AFC get free first team kits.

Titan
09/04/2009, 5:29 PM
Out of curiosity how are you finding the Uhlsport stuff?.

Great.

Longfordian
09/04/2009, 7:09 PM
Good to know. The main thing is that the players and staff are happy with it. Hopefully the club can get some of the gear on sale soon and we'll get a good look at it.

Dodge
09/04/2009, 8:05 PM
A Number of NFL teams are using addidas and nike. they are not obliged to wear reebok but most do. If you had one kit supplier its stops clubs from trying to get better deals from other suppliers
Sorry to harp about this but it's not true. Reebok is exclusive providor to all NFL teams.

Titan
09/04/2009, 8:17 PM
Sorry to harp about this but it's not true. Reebok is exclusive providor to all NFL teams.

Yeah and NHL. Footwear in NFL doesnt have to be reebok though

Dunny
09/04/2009, 8:18 PM
Do Adidas not do the same with the MLS?

Dodge
09/04/2009, 8:45 PM
Do Adidas not do the same with the MLS?

yepyep (http://www.adidas.com/us/campaigns/mls/content/default.asp)

Adidas have the (very lucrative) NBA deal too

gael353
09/04/2009, 9:07 PM

yea umbro are the best. lets name the worst. O'Neills cos they look ****e, errea cos of the poor quality and the fact you always got tons and tons of stuff you never ordered and got double billed for it. the good man never signs any contracts either which leave everything hanging around for ages. Jako is good quality but the designs in ireland are like 5 years older then the rest of europe.

Maynard
09/04/2009, 9:09 PM
Umbro's quality is top notch but I've heard that some slums don't get as good service as Bohs and Rovers
Pats were looking at options last year so they obviously weren't in love with umbro

You speak the truth. But apparantly saying so is bad for relations:rolleyes:

harpstilidie
09/04/2009, 10:04 PM
I like lotto's gear. Have a Chievo Verona top I got on holidays and its good quality. QPR have them as their kit suppliers probably because their Italian owned.

Harps' Masita gear is pretty good imo. Got the home jersey last season and its still in good nick apart from the size label being washed off. Tracksuit is still going strong :D

El-Pietro
10/04/2009, 2:40 AM
o
Pretty sure Hummel don't sponser you guy's, infact they were owed a large five figure sum as far as i know. Most clubs are not "sponcored" by any gear supplier, they are mearly customers like everyone else. The spin off in terms of replica is chicken feed for the gear provider and not worth free issuing to LOI teams.
You are actually wrong and right

We did owe Hummel money, but that was for merchandise

We dont get any free material, but we did receive a fee from them

which was renegotiated this season

pretty sure the original Hummel deal was one of the highest ever in the LOI at the time, Adrian Desmond was fantastic for sponsorship, pity hes gone elsewhere now

Blue Bear
10/04/2009, 2:03 PM
We have a nice kit from Nike, think we're the only team in the first Division using their gear, pity we don't have a sponsor.............damn recession :(

gufc2000
10/04/2009, 3:19 PM
We have a nice kit from Nike, think we're the only team in the first Division using their gear, pity we don't have a sponsor.............damn recession :(
What happenend to the Squealing Pig?

osarusan
10/04/2009, 3:42 PM
What happenend to the Squealing Pig?
Minister for Health and Children at the moment.

Blue Bear
10/04/2009, 3:45 PM
Not sure, can only imagine they ended their sponsorship. Pity, tis a good spot!!