PDA

View Full Version : Trouble after Pats-Rovers match!!

citylove
01/10/2001, 11:25 AM
I heard this morning that there was a bit of trouble yesterday after the Pats-Rovers match. It seems that a pats supporter pulled out a knife and nearly stabbed a rovers supporter. Are there any Pats or Rovers fans that can tell me if this really happened?

kempes
01/10/2001, 12:03 PM
Yep it happened, here's my post to the Pats asnd Eircom League boards that I also email to Pats and Roy Dooney

koh

Kempes

----
Again scuffles at the end caused by Pats / Francis "fans" getting onto the pitch to provoke and taunt Rovers fans and throw things in at them in the stand. Once all this is 100% preventable if Dolan took of the blinkers and got the Pats/Francis security arragements in order. When are the FAI going to step and fine them for this continuing problem which happens season after season.

I was disgusted today to see Pats / Francis fans pulling stanley knives outside after the match. A friend of mine was slashed down his back, his t-shirt was ripped and there was a 2 foot long red scrape mark down his back, mercy of God it wasn't too deep. He could have easily have ended up with a punctured lung or worse.

keep on hoopin

Kempes

citylove
01/10/2001, 12:12 PM
I don't know what the security was like in Richmond yesterday, but I bet Rovers fans were allowed out as soon as the match ended and then mingled with Pats fans. If this trouble is common when Pats meet Rovers the sensible thing would be to stop Rovers fans leaving the ground and keep them behind for 15 minutes.

pete
01/10/2001, 12:18 PM
Some others might remember this too.

Pats v City:
-Stewards allow the Pats kids to move over next to the City support in the 2nd half. There wasn't likely to be any trouble but when fans are that close to each other all it takes is for one person to lose the head. Would the stewards at the X allow 1/2 the shed to move down next to the stand where away fans are for the 2nd half???
- Stewards told at least 10mins to removed a clearly stoned/drunk Pats idiot with his "petition to relase me da from prision"
- Afterwards the stewards told us the kids don't cause any trouble usually except when rovers are playing.

Brotus
01/10/2001, 12:49 PM
Again scuffles at the end caused by Pats / Francis "fans" getting onto the pitch to provoke and taunt Rovers fans and throw things in at them in the stand.

Before I start I do think a stop must be put to all this crowd trouble a matches. But be realistic Kempes last week City supporters taunted Rovers fans, this week Pats fans taunted ye.
What the Fu*k is going on, can ye not take any slagging. Plus I would be suprised if no Rovers fan had a knife with him. If you ask me ye're all Dublin SCUM who can't enjoy a match.

Get a life(not knife)!!!!!!!
koh
Brotus.

Gaz@richer
02/10/2001, 12:11 PM
Outbreak of Amnesia on Leeside! None of you remember most of the Shed coming down the pitch to throw rocks and bottles at Pat's Fans in 99 then? I've seen many a little scumbag throwing stones at visiting fans around de Cross, probably no more so than our little knackers at Richmond, but get that f*ckin' halo from around your heads, lads. I'll listen to no 'Holier than thou' crap from you lot. Violence at eL grounds is a problem that affects most clubs with any sizeable support - Cork, Rovers, Bohs, Dundalk and yes, definitely us. Our Club is like many others in paying lip service to deling with this but ultimately turning a blind eye.

Gaz

PS Brotus, if you're a City fan why on earth do you sign your mails 'KOH'???

pete
02/10/2001, 12:19 PM
Violence at eL grounds is a problem that affects most clubs with any sizeable support - Cork, Rovers, Bohs, Dundalk and yes, definitely us. Our Club is like many others in paying lip service to deling with this but ultimately turning a blind eye.

Exactely! only the naive would suggest it a "dub thing".

Although I have to say IMO Richmond Park is becoming one of the most intimidating grounds to attend a match due to its location. Saying that have never had any problems inside MacDowells is just the knackers outside :(

btw i leave in dublin too.

joe
02/10/2001, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rebel

btw i leave in dublin too.

more sobconcious posting from Rebel????????

pete
02/10/2001, 1:01 PM
If you haven't figured out already I never use spellcheckers as they're EVIL!!!!!!!!!

;)

Éanna
04/10/2001, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by Gaz@richer
Outbreak of Amnesia on Leeside! None of you remember most of the Shed coming down the pitch to throw rocks and bottles at Pat's Fans in 99 then? I've seen many a little scumbag throwing stones at visiting fans around de Cross, probably no more so than our little knackers at Richmond, but get that f*ckin' halo from around your heads, lads. I'll listen to no 'Holier than thou' crap from you lot.

I would never seek to deny trouble at Turners Cross does exist, but I don't think it's as bad as at other grounds. I have seen very little stone throwing at city games compared to other teams. As for the incident in 99? City fans- myself included- went down to the pats end singing at the pats fans- taunting ye, if you want. As far as isaw it a few idiots on both sides started throwing coins and bottles- dunno who started it, but guilt was equal I'd say- and then as myself and some others tried to calm things ( i know pats fans were doing the same); the stewards began pushing us back across the pitch; a flare was thrown from the pats crowd. I'm not getting into a debate over it, but the tone of your post looked to me like it was some kind f rampage against defenceless children- it was far from it.

Gaz@richer
05/10/2001, 12:22 PM
"City fans- myself included- went down to the pats end singing at the pats fans- taunting ye, if you want. As far as i saw it a few idiots on both sides started throwing coins and bottles- dunno who started it, but guilt was equal I'd say"

Bull****. The exit from the ground from the Shed End is over your left hand shoulder as you face the pitch - you don't need to walk across it to get out. Only taunting? We could hear you singing from the Shed - it may not have your intention to cause trouble Eanna, but many of your fellow Shedenders clearly came down for that purpose, as witnessed by the barrage of coins and bottles that were flung at us as soon as you got 'in range'.
"dunno who started it"?. You lot did. If you'd left the ground the way you were suppposed to none of this would ever have happened. You went out of your way to confront us and a minority of our fans over-reacted to this. It's exactly the same as our lot with Rovers last Sunday - we have to take the blame for starting the trouble irrespective of the response from Rovers fans.

"A flare was thrown from the pats crowd."
Yes it was, which was stupid and could have seriously injured somebody. The bloke who did it was about 12.

"I'm not getting into a debate over it, but the tone of your post looked to me like it was some kind f rampage against defenceless children- it was far from it."

Defenceless children - never say anything of the sort. It wasn't a huge incident and it was 2 years ago, so I don't wanna trawl through it again. I take your point - it wasn't as sinister as last Sunday (most fans were involved in a stand off, not a stampede) but it might have been. However, one of your fellow Corkonians was claiming all this was happening because Dublin
Fans were all scumbags who couldn't take a slagging - I was pointing out the hypocrisy in his argument.

Gaz