PDA

View Full Version : eircom/SWAI nominees named

A face
17/12/2003, 11:34 PM
eircom/SWAI nominees named

The nominees for the eircom/SWAI Personality of the Year were announced today.

The six nominees are Jason Byrne Shelbourne, Pat Fenlon Shelbourne, John Gill Dublin City, Mike Kerley Limerick City, Alan Mathews Longford Town and Jimmy McGeough Waterford United.

Read more at www.a2zsoccer.com (http://www.a2zsoccer.com/news/content_generic.cfm?file=1254812)

there is also a poll being run at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com) on the same topic.

The Donie Forde
18/12/2003, 8:34 AM
Do you need to have a personality to be included on this list? If you do, there's one or two names could be dropped there fairly swiftly, like.

Donie

sadloserkid
18/12/2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by A face
Mike Kerley Limerick City

Who the hell are Limerick City when they're at home??? :confused:

Oh and well done Mike! :D

max power
18/12/2003, 10:54 AM
this award can't be right, there is noone from Cork on the short list, oh sorry i didn't realise it was for personality of the year.

brendy_éire
18/12/2003, 11:56 AM
Bit disappointed Noel King isn't in there, alas, "destiny" had other plans. :D For sheer entertainment value he'd get my vote.

Schumi
18/12/2003, 2:16 PM
Shay Kelly: A close-season capture from UCD, he recovered from a dip in his Performances - which saw him lose his place to Matt Gregg - to finish the campaign in excellent form. Kept eight clean sheets in his 34 eircom League appearances. :rolleyes:

Colm
18/12/2003, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by max power
this award can't be right, there is noone from Cork on the short list, oh sorry i didn't realise it was for personality of the year.

I'm actually beginning to like the way everyone is so obsessed with us!
It shows that they are terrified of the Rebel Army's inevitable dominance.:)

A face
18/12/2003, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by Colm

:D

brendy_éire
18/12/2003, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Obsessed with Cork? Terrified are we, aye? Rebel Army's dominance?

We'll believe it when we see it. :rolleyes:

EireBadBoy
19/12/2003, 1:54 AM
I'm not obsessed with Cork like!

Ahem....anyway, it would be great to see Jimmy McGeough win that - especially after the way he has been treated by the 'Ford Chairwoman. Not just out of sympathy though but for being a grand aul' down to earth EL personality!!

Let's hear it for Jimmy, Hip Hip.....

derm
19/12/2003, 10:56 AM
... Hooray!

Good luck Jimmy, how any board can put personal differences before de good of de club is ... em, all too normal I suppose ...