PDA

View Full Version : To our Cork City friends

SeanDrog
08/04/2009, 12:40 PM
so what did you make of drogs last night?

I know we lost but I am still confident about staying up as Mathews does seem to be getting them to play better as each week goes by. I know we ar ebottom but 3 of these were against Cork / Bohs / Derry, we were unlickly against Shamrock Rovers and could have beaten Bray is luck was a bit more on our side on the night. Really think if we can just stay in touch by mid season then we will start getting results. Great to have barrett back and I hear that T. grant may well be coming back soon (when the IL is over). For the type of situ swe are currently facing i think T. Grant would be perfect.

Rovers Maniac
08/04/2009, 12:44 PM

I know we lost but I am still confident about staying up as Mathews does seem to be getting them to play better as each week goes by. I know we ar ebottom but 3 of these were against Cork / Bohs / Derry, we were unlickly against Shamrock Rovers and could have beaten Bray is luck was a bit more on our side on the night. Really think if we can just stay in touch by mid season then we will start getting results. Great to have barrett back and I hear that T. grant may well be coming back soon (when the IL is over). For the type of situ swe are currently facing i think T. Grant would be perfect.

Cork City have their own forum on foot.

SeanDrog
08/04/2009, 12:53 PM
they do indeed but I felt the second part of the post was more for general viewing and I hated to waste two posts when they could be fitted into one.

BohDiddley
08/04/2009, 1:33 PM

There has been a running assumption that Drogs are prime candidates for the drop. I agree that they will not go down as easily as some seem to think. They had plenty of fight when we played them.

bellavistaman
08/04/2009, 1:57 PM
Cant see drogs going down personally

thischarmingman
08/04/2009, 2:06 PM
I've been impressed by Drogheda's resiliance but of the other teams at the bottom I think Sligo and Dundalk will get better and Bray are old hands at being more than the sum of their collective parts whereas I just can't see Drogheda improving much at all.

Longfordian
08/04/2009, 2:34 PM
Drogs will definitely be looking to sign players in July. I'd say Alan Mathews has a few lined up aleady. Of all the teams at the bottom they had the least time to get a squad together so he had to take who he could get. I could see him shipping out a few and bringing in better quality. I think if they're in touch at that stage they'll have a good shot at staying up.

pineapple stu
08/04/2009, 3:39 PM
They had plenty of fight when we played them.
So did we in the first series of games last season, and they've a very similar style squad to what we had last year (our central defence, no forwards). The longer they go without a win, the harder it'll get.

micls
08/04/2009, 3:58 PM
Looked solid at the back but offered very little going forward. I think ye'l struggle to score and lose a lot of games 1-0 unless ye get a striker in in the window.

I think ye need to finish in at least 7th to stay up because if ye end up in a playoff then I think any of Shels, Fingal or Waterford are stronger on paper.

I can't see that happening though.

Umberside
08/04/2009, 7:56 PM

The first win is essential. The longer ye go without it the more of a chance ye'll finish last.

A face
09/04/2009, 8:28 AM
Looked solid at the back but offered very little going forward.

I'd agree in general but there were times in the first where it looked they might put a few good attacks together. Its early days yet to be honest.

tiktok
09/04/2009, 11:31 AM
I thought you were very poor in the first half, team, improved in the second half [though we did sit back and act scared] but the team looked out on it's feet after the exertions of Friday. I'm struggling to think of a team who'd finish below you at the moment, Dundalk look like they'll struggle a bit, but Galway and Bray look very solid though. I think you're favourites to drop.

A team might do you a favour by incurring a points deduction or going out of business?

WindmillWarrior
09/04/2009, 12:40 PM
A team might do you a favour by incurring a points deduction or going out of business?

Haha, God bless the LOI eh!

corkboy360
09/04/2009, 1:14 PM
Hard to say considering the conditions. I was convinced we would have the usual Cork City 0-0 Drogheda but it was not to be :D..Both sides were poor but as I said already the conditions did not make it easy ball slipping fast away from players..Also I heard Drogs fans were very vocal from someone else could not hear them personally.

razor
10/04/2009, 8:18 AM
I was convinced we would have the usual Cork City 0-0 Drogheda but it was not to benot even The Pity could miss from there.

Umberside
10/04/2009, 9:29 PM
not even The Pity could miss from there.

Denis Behan?

corkboy360
11/04/2009, 5:11 PM
Denis Behan?
He said PITY not USELESS :p

paudie
12/04/2009, 7:03 PM
City completely dominated up to scoring. After that the game was pretty even with both sides having chances.

Ye're not bad but City should have killed the game off after scoring but typically didn't.