PDA

View Full Version : Housing help

awec
07/04/2009, 4:52 PM
I'm going to be working in Sandyford (south dublin I think) next year. I'm wondering what the area to look for houses is?

Sites all say Dublin 1, dublin 2 etc etc but this means nothing to me. :confused:

What are the areas in and around sandyford? Bit of a strange request I know.

Looking for areas in and around Sandyford, or close by with LUAS access.

Oh aye, and is Sandyford in South Dublin City or south dublin county?

Cheers

Ash
08/04/2009, 10:58 AM
Dublin 16 I think. Look out for places near Leopardstown too, thats all in and around the same area as far as I can remember

Sunny Jim
08/04/2009, 11:26 AM
Sandyford is South County Dublin, out Stillorgan/Tallaght direction, near the M50 motorway. Dublin 18 or 24 might the the best place to house-hunt, but might be a bit expensive.

This might be a bit of help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandyford

Actually looking at that page, forget Tallaght/Dublin 24, it might be too far away. Dun Laoghaire/Glenageary might be a good bet.

Also this is a postcode map of Dublin: http://www.dublintourist.com/maps/dublin_postal_codes.shtml

Schumi
08/04/2009, 11:37 AM
Sandyford is Dublin 18. Depending on where you're working, Ballinteer, Kilmacud, Dundrum, Stillorgan or Stepaside should be reasonably nearby.

awec
08/04/2009, 11:58 AM
Cheers guys!

paul_oshea
09/04/2009, 9:43 AM
lots of nice places near the shopping centre in dundrum and not far from sandyford. also the luas is only about a 10 min walk from that general area. Loads of nice villages round sandyford, the only problem is the people :D

awec
04/05/2009, 12:02 AM
Embarassing question here, but which club would be closest to the Sandyford area?

sligoman
04/05/2009, 12:10 AM
Embarassing question here, but which club would be closest to the Sandyford area?In the First Division, UCD. In the Premier there'd be very little difference in both Bray and Shams, Bray closest though afaik.

awec
04/05/2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the info.

I am totally new to this LOI, but I don't think I could take not going to football every Saturday, and travelling to Lurgan every weekend won't be feasible.

If you would be so kind, could ye tell me out of the clubs in that sort of area (Bray, Rovers, Bohs and St Pats), the relevant size of each club in terms of support?

I'm merely curious. :)

Schumi
04/05/2009, 12:57 AM
I'd imagine Tallaght would be nearer to Sandyford than Bray, but there'd be less hassle getting tickets for Bray games. UCD would be much nearer than either though.

There's an attendances thread in the LOI forum at the top of the main page, Rovers are selling out Tallaght so far, it holds 3,000 or so. Bohs and Pats would have 1,500 to 2,000, Bray and Shels around the 1,000 mark and UCD a few hundred.

Bohs and Shels, and to a lesser extent Pats, would be a bit of a trek on a Friday night through town from Sandyford

awec
04/05/2009, 1:00 PM
Cheers!