PDA

View Full Version : Steve Finnan's fitness

elroy
07/04/2009, 8:30 AM
Very little googling would have found you this;
Theres a chance although slim that he might be ok for the start of June.

http://www.rcdespanyol.com/

Finnan, successfully operated on

RCD Espanyol full back Steve Finnan was successfully operated of the fracture in the external meniscus of his right knee. Finnan and the medical services of RCD Espanyol immediately considered the possibility of the surgery to be practiced this week, taking advantage of the fact that the muscular injury of the player would prevent him from playing for the next weeks.

The footballer has already left the hospital, and in some days he is expected to begin with the recovering stage. After this operation, Finnan will be out from the pitches between two and three months. Anyhow, Dr. Sitges, head of Espanyol medical services, confirmed that Finnan will be perfectly fit to begin next season.

irishfan86
07/04/2009, 8:38 AM
Looks like he'll be in a similar situation to Reid in that while he may be "healthy" again by the time the Bulgaria match comes around, there's no way he'll be match fit or in any position to be playing a competitive match.

Hopefully he enjoys a healthier season next time around- with Espanyol looking likely to get relegated, will he play in Spain's second tier or move on I wonder?

Dr. Ogba
07/04/2009, 9:10 AM
Reid and Finnan back and fully fit again for the matches at the end of the year? I'd be a very happy man if this happens

Razors left peg
07/04/2009, 5:58 PM
I wouldnt hold out much hope of him making any games for us in the future. He just seems far too injury prone at this stage of his career.I hope Im wrong of course, a fully fit Steve Finnan would add imensely to the team