PDA

View Full Version : Cork City Supporters Club, meeting on 14 Apr'09

dhegarty
07/04/2009, 2:17 AM
THE CORK CITY SUPPORTERS CLUB WILL BE HAVING A SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING IN THE TELECOM CLUB IN MCCURTAIN STREET IN CORK ON TUESDAY 14 APRIL 2009 AT 8PM.
NEW MEMBERS FOR 2009 ARE WELCOME THE MEETING IS OPEN TO EVERYONE AND ADMISSION IS FREE.

www.corkcityfc.ie/ccosc
email:- ccosc84@gmail.com

razor
08/04/2009, 11:37 AM
THE CORK CITY SUPPORTERS CLUB WILL BE HAVING A SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING IN THE TELECOM CLUB IN MCCURTAIN STREET IN CORK ON TUESDAY 14 APRIL 2009 AT 8PM.
NEW MEMBERS FOR 2009 ARE WELCOME THE MEETING IS OPEN TO EVERYONE AND ADMISSION IS FREE.

www.corkcityfc.ie/ccosc
email:- ccosc84@gmail.comIsn't this clashing with our away League Cup game in Kerry as well as the Champions League.
Doesn't sound like great timing here.

dhegarty
08/04/2009, 8:42 PM
yes thats correct and suggestions were made to cancel and bring it forward to the following tuesday, but a lot of work has been put into advertising the meeting eg, text messages, email messages the evening echo and various forums that it is decided to not to cancel and to go ahead with the intended date tuesday 14th April at 8pm despite the EA league game in Kerry and the Champions league on telly, and if there is a low turnout at the meeting well its not the end of the world

corkboy360
09/04/2009, 1:10 AM
If you go do you have to join on the night ?

dhegarty
09/04/2009, 6:07 AM
everybody is welcome to come to the meeting but its up to the individual if they want to join

razor
09/04/2009, 8:18 AM
and if there is a low turnout at the meeting well its not the end of the worldFine but surely the idea of the meeting is to try and attract new members.
Having the meeting on a night with multiple other events going on isn't going to achieve this.

corkboy360
09/04/2009, 1:02 PM
Fine but surely the idea of the meeting is to try and attract new members.
Having the meeting on a night with multiple other events going on isn't going to achieve this.
Well I suppose it is also to address existing members ? no ?

Not looking to criticize but do the supporters club actually do anything ?
Usually supporter clubs run buses and fundraisers etc..maybe this would just be an overlap of FORAS then.

yiddo
09/04/2009, 1:09 PM
Well I suppose it is also to address existing members ? no ?

Not looking to criticize but do the supporters club actually do anything ?
Usually supporter clubs run buses and fundraisers etc..maybe this would just be an overlap of FORAS then.

CCSC have organised the annual Cork City Hall of Fame for the last number of years as well as numerous race nights, legends games etc. They also organise 2/3 Fans Forums per season where supporters can meet and ask questions of club directors, managers and players. There is an obvious overlap with FORAS but then again not everyone has 240euro to join FORAS whereas most people can afford the 20 euro fee to join the supporters club.

corkboy360
09/04/2009, 1:22 PM
Would it not be a good idea for both Foras and the CCSC to join together now and maybe have the 20 euro option still there but with a different structure...As I said not criticizing just making a suggestion.

yiddo
09/04/2009, 1:30 PM
Would it not be a good idea for both Foras and the CCSC to join together now and maybe have the 20 euro option still there but with a different structure...As I said not criticizing just making a suggestion.

This has been suggested (and personally I'd be in favour of a merger) but it won't be happening this season. Not saying it won't happen it the future but not this season anyway.

corkboy360
09/04/2009, 1:37 PM
This has been suggested (and personally I'd be in favour of a merger) but it won't be happening this season. Not saying it won't happen it the future but not this season anyway.
At least its being thought about anyway thats good news.

Cheers.

dhegarty
12/04/2009, 7:34 AM
Fine but surely the idea of the meeting is to try and attract new members.

you dont need a meeting to attract new members in fact i get enquiries at least twice a week enquiring about membership, yesterday i had 2 enquiries from two people i dont know that want to become a member of the supporters club the second person text me at 10.00 last night a saturday night imagine but i was not bothered by this, we have an application form for people to join the supporters club but i encourage people that they dont need an application form to join they can write on a piece of paper or text me their name, home address, email address and mobile phone number and they can send me the membership fee at the Supporters Club meeting, meet me at Cork City home matches in Turners Cross i fact i had 2 people giving me €20 because they want to become a member at last tuesday cork city home game in turners cross when they played Drogheda United without filling a application form, or just post it to my home address.

But you are right it is not good that having a meeting when there are other things happening on the same night but please understand that a lot of work in my part went into organising this meeting, advertising through text messages, email messages, the the supporters club news on fridays evening echo, various forums and word of mouth, but please god we get a good turnout on the night, i dont force people to come to this meeting it really up to themselves to come on the night, at previous meetings in the past the average attences is 7 to 15 people at the meeting so if we have a low turnout on tuesday night well that should be down to me for not taking advice in puting it forward to the following Tuesday but i am human and i not afraid to take the flak if i made a mistake

dhegarty
12/04/2009, 7:56 AM

you may be right yiddo but football clubs not only in ireland and abroad have a supporters club so why can we have one, merging with FORAS is an easy way out to say people are not interested anymore in getting involved in running the supporters club which is understandable because people have personal commitments that they wont be able to give their time in running the supporters club, i myself have a full time job and can only commit myself when i am off work, we are taking about Cork City fc a club we love to support day in, day out, it not about Tom Coughlan, its not about the players and staff that keep our club going its the supporters we are taking about the supporters of Cork City FC deserves a supporters club and that why i am giving my spare time to involve myself in the Cork City Supporters Club because i think we need the supporters club, the majority of paid members of CCSC are young people still going to school and they want a supporters club and they are willing to get involved so why not keep it going, give it a chance

yiddo
12/04/2009, 9:47 PM
you may be right yiddo but football clubs not only in ireland and abroad have a supporters club so why can we have one, merging with FORAS is an easy way out to say people are not interested anymore in getting involved in running the supporters club which is understandable because people have personal commitments that they wont be able to give their time in running the supporters club, i myself have a full time job and can only commit myself when i am off work, we are taking about Cork City fc a club we love to support day in, day out, it not about Tom Coughlan, its not about the players and staff that keep our club going its the supporters we are taking about the supporters of Cork City FC deserves a supporters club and that why i am giving my spare time to involve myself in the Cork City Supporters Club because i think we need the supporters club, the majority of paid members of CCSC are young people still going to school and they want a supporters club and they are willing to get involved so why not keep it going, give it a chance

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that you yourself have spoken about the supporters club merging with FORAS in the next year?

FORAS should look at having a reduced membership for school goers which would give certain benefits but not voting rights.

As regards the CCSC this season I have already helped out with it and will continue to do so. But I still fell that razors point is valid about having a meeting next Tuesday night!