PDA

View Full Version : Cork

Rory H
06/04/2009, 7:02 PM
That time of year again.....can't see many travelling but wondering if anyone is thinking about the flight/hostel again. Booked a return flight for 28euro everything included, probably the cheapest way to do it. Will have to book a different hostel :D

Rovers fan
06/04/2009, 9:32 PM
Might be tough with exams,will see..........

Jeebus
07/04/2009, 8:49 AM
That time of year again.....can't see many travelling but wondering if anyone is thinking about the flight/hostel again. Booked a return flight for 28euro everything included, probably the cheapest way to do it. Will have to book a different hostel :D

Whats the time of the flight that you booked Rory?

Rory H
07/04/2009, 10:37 AM
11.10am...same as CB.

thesilverfox
11/04/2009, 9:58 PM
might not even have a trip now lads:(

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=115877

Jeebus
21/04/2009, 2:49 PM
Booked flights today. Getting 1.30pm flight down and 4.05pm back. 36 yoyos all in. The earlier flights back on Saturday have gone up quite a bit in price due to the egg chasing being on in Croke Park on the Saturday evening. 4.05pm flight is too late for them, thats why they are the cheapest.

Rovers1
21/04/2009, 2:55 PM
Booked flights today. Getting 1.30pm flight down and 4.05pm back. 36 yoyos all in. The earlier flights back on Saturday have gone up quite a bit in price due to the egg chasing being on in Croke Park on the Saturday evening. 4.05pm flight is too late for them, thats why they are the cheapest.

just did the exact same, except im on earlier flight. not bad for €36

Martinho II
21/04/2009, 6:08 PM

what way do you go to fly down to cork and how much do you save if you went by bus or train??:confused:

sligoman
21/04/2009, 6:10 PM
what way do you go to fly down to cork and how much do you save if you went by bus or train??:confused:Dublin to Cork return with Ryanair...you going Marty?:D

Rory H
21/04/2009, 6:29 PM
u save about 30euro by not taking the train, and as much as people dislike Ryanair I'd rather give it to them than Iarnroid Eireann!

Rovers1
21/04/2009, 6:30 PM
what way do you go to fly down to cork and how much do you save if you went by bus or train??:confused:

train is nearly €70 from Dublin non-student return, dunno about bus

red bellied
21/04/2009, 6:38 PM
train is nearly €70 from Dublin non-student return, dunno about bus

Its the same price from Sligo on the train, 65 euro including luas to Heuston.

Rovers1
21/04/2009, 6:48 PM
Its the same price from Sligo on the train, 65 euro including luas to Heuston.

Is that part of a deal with IE? Not bad i suppose.

red bellied
21/04/2009, 6:59 PM
Is that part of a deal with IE? Not bad i suppose.

There is no direct train link from Sligo to Cork, this probably influences it. For the last Cork match, went on the eleven o clock and was in the pub beside the ground at half six.

Martinho II
22/04/2009, 1:19 PM
Dublin to Cork return with Ryanair...you going Marty?:D

eh no i have enough on my plate. I would rather drive to cork than get a plane!!

Rovers1
27/04/2009, 2:20 PM
Time to forget about Drogheda and its shananagins...

Cork on Friday

Possible team?

Id go for:
Brush,
Keane, Peers, Feeney, Holmes
Cash, Ryan,O Grady, Raf
Boco,
McT

(depending on the fitness of O'Grady)

showgies
27/04/2009, 2:35 PM
Time to forget about Drogheda and its shananagins...

Cork on Friday

Possible team?

Id go for:
Brush,
Keane, Peers, Feeney, Holmes
Cash, Ryan,O Grady, Doherty
Boco,
McT

(depending on the fitness of Doc and O'Grady)

Is Raf out?

sligoman
27/04/2009, 2:38 PM
Is Raf out?He hasn't scored in 2 games so he's dropped...Rovers1 is hard to please;)

Rovers1
27/04/2009, 2:40 PM
.Rovers1 is hard to please;)

you should know;)

woops made a complete mess of that... apologies

dong
27/04/2009, 3:21 PM
Brush
Keane
Peers
Feeney
Holmes
Doherty
O'Grady
Ryan
Cash
Boco
Cretaro

It's going to be an uphill battle and I fear we may be on the wrong end of a one nil scoreline.
However, the lads' confidence for these matches against the top sides should be okay and if we're very lucky and the decisions go our way we could escape with a point.

Rovers1
27/04/2009, 3:27 PM
we dont actually look that weak without Morrison, do we? Hopefully O'Grady is back too. I predict 0-0. Hope Faz plays, Sligoman loves watching him.

red bellied
28/04/2009, 1:32 PM
Eight players could be missing for Cork
Ventre and Morrison suspended.
Almedia is still mysteriously injured, Butler and Parkhouse also out.
O Grady, Cretaro and Doherty are carrying injuries but have chance of playing.
Holmes wife is expecting baby and mighn't travel.

avvenalaf
28/04/2009, 11:09 PM

Oh, Jesus, was Holmes' wife in the squad? We're really down to the bare bones.

nechayev
29/04/2009, 10:41 AM

bah.... lightweight! babies? c'mon - someone needs to get their priorities right, innit!

otherwise, as a blow in scot: i always like to think of cork city as ireland's very own "sheepshaggers" (aka aberdeen fc) - any competition for this slot?

DIMITRI

ps: i'm plumping / hoping for a sneaky 1:1....!

sligored
29/04/2009, 3:04 PM
i heard that doherty pulled a hamstring at training yesterday. i wonder if cookies suspension would rule him out of playing for us against cork - things are looking bad for friday

avvenalaf
29/04/2009, 3:42 PM
i heard that doherty pulled a hamstring at training yesterday. i wonder if cookies suspension would rule him out of playing for us against cork - things are looking bad for friday

I picked up Foyzer and Choice thumbing to Sligo at Castlebaldwin today.

Redie
29/04/2009, 4:00 PM

What's mysterious about it?:confused:

rob mcdonald
29/04/2009, 5:24 PM
Alan Moore is back at the club this week supposedly on a six month contract watch this space.

srfc1928
29/04/2009, 5:41 PM
bah.... lightweight! babies? c'mon - someone needs to get their priorities right, innit!

otherwise, as a blow in scot: i always like to think of cork city as ireland's very own "sheepshaggers" (aka aberdeen fc) - any competition for this slot?

DIMITRI

ps: i'm plumping / hoping for a sneaky 1:1....!
Welcome aboard DIMITRI,
Nice to see a Scotsman following his adopted home town team :)

sligofan4ever
29/04/2009, 7:09 PM
Alan Moore is back at the club this week supposedly on a six month contract watch this space.

Wheter this is true or not i don't know but do we need him ? he didn't impress me while he was here but I suppose we do need cover in centre midfield with O'Grady's injury still a bit doubtful.

Rory H
29/04/2009, 7:50 PM
team news on www.sligorovers.com and www.twitter.com/sligorovers

sligoman
29/04/2009, 9:09 PM
Cash, Raf and Doherty all out according to i102 radio tonight. But O'Grady's back.

Rory H
29/04/2009, 9:12 PM
They're reading the team news wrong so....

sligoman
29/04/2009, 9:18 PM
They're reading the team news wrong so....Probably couldn't be arsed to read out bits about late fitness tests...surprised it was mentioned at all, Champions League night like. Fair play to them!

sligoman
30/04/2009, 1:15 PM
Cork City v Sligo Rovers
Turner’s Cross 7.45pm
Referee: D. Tomney

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/615-referee-appointments

rob mcdonald
30/04/2009, 4:44 PM
Do you reckon Doherty is much of a loss? Showed promise towards end of last year but NOTHING this year. Disappointed in him

SligoBrewer
30/04/2009, 4:55 PM
We'll sneak a result.

Just as Cook's Rovers seem to be hopeless, we always have our moment of redemption.

Well Red
30/04/2009, 7:26 PM
Can anyone make a stab at 14 players that are available, I presume we will be well into the A team for help. Cannot see any way we can get anything out of this with seven or eight first team players missing from small squad.

sligofan4ever
30/04/2009, 7:45 PM
Can anyone make a stab at 14 players that are available, I presume we will be well into the A team for help. Cannot see any way we can get anything out of this with seven or eight first team players missing from small squad.

I'd say it will look like this depending on the fitness of some players.

Brush
Keane Peers Feeney Holmes
Cash O' Grady Ryan Doherty (depends on fitness)
Cretaro Boco

Subs:
Kelly/Schlingermann
Keohane
McLoughlin
Torpey
???

Can't think of a 5th sub TBH.

Starting line up looks good enough but that could easily change if Raff and/or Doherty don't pass fit.

Rory H
30/04/2009, 8:17 PM
You actually got the team most people would go with right for once!

Apart from that, why would Schlingerman come in for Kelly, why would Noctor not be there and the same for McT?

Rovers fan
30/04/2009, 8:53 PM
[QUOTE=Rory H;1152863] why would Schlingerman come in for Kelly[QUOTE]

I think sclingerman was on the bench the last day...

Rory H
30/04/2009, 9:00 PM
not in drogs anyway....

Rovers fan
30/04/2009, 9:32 PM
not in drogs anyway....

oops,i meant bohs,i think he was anyway.....

Mayo Red
01/05/2009, 8:20 AM
oops,i meant bohs,i think he was anyway.....

Yep, Schlingermann was on the bench against Bohs, Kelly was in the stand!

It's going to be awful tough to come away from Cork with any sort of result this time, especially with their current form and our depleted squad. On the flip side we've done reasonably well down there over the last season or two but if anyone offered me a draw now I'd gladly take it!!

Only1Rovers
01/05/2009, 3:05 PM
Probably couldn't be arsed to read out bits about late fitness tests...surprised it was mentioned at all, Champions League night like. Fair play to them!

Shower of lazy bas***ds down their in 'i'.

El-Pietro
01/05/2009, 4:25 PM
dunno what all this about form is, weve been terrible this season, but weve ground out results

in fairess, Faz, Dennehy and Behan played well in the last game against Galway but other than that weve been poor enough - especially if weve gone 1-0 up - expect a lot of possession tonight lads becuase youll get it

Rory H
01/05/2009, 6:21 PM
www.sligorovers.com/twitter

Rory H
01/05/2009, 7:31 PM
Apology for the late start.

www.sligorovers.com/twitter

The Midget Gem
01/05/2009, 8:08 PM
Thomas Kilfeather, one of the 15-20 Rovers fan in the Cross is gesturing to Cook to come on but Cookie is having none of it.
:D Go on RT!!:D

Rory H
01/05/2009, 8:11 PM
Good to know someone is looking at it!