thischarmingman
06/04/2009, 7:00 PM
...starting in a minute.

Dunny
06/04/2009, 7:16 PM
Jeff Kenna is Dundalk's Manager now?:o

Dunny
06/04/2009, 7:21 PM
Major f**k up with the Raiders bit there.....

gustavo
Well done Ray Houghton on scoring the winning goal in the 98 Cup final :rolleyes:

Gaillimh Al
big time

GlasnevinRed
06/04/2009, 7:22 PM
How thay managed that **** up I'll never know.

Sheridan
06/04/2009, 7:25 PM
Great, I thought, no more Oireland crap on the Raiders segment. :oDoubtless Con will be laughing this one off in his column. Happening on a weekly basis now, not good enough.

What the hell was Barry on about regarding Heary and Shelley? Heary is too old to play full-back, he's a natural defender so it's an absolute no-brainer to put him in the centre with the younger and more mobile man at right-back.

A minute of chat on floodlight failures in the seventies and still no replays of goals. :rolleyes:

gufc2000
06/04/2009, 7:45 PM
'Despite the bad weather, a large crowd turned out at United Park on Friday'.

Yet someone on extratime has the crowd at 1150

Dunny
06/04/2009, 7:48 PM
That was against Bray. Check the attendances thread.

harpstilidie
06/04/2009, 9:07 PM
That thunder strike has to go...shocking stuff!

Give me 60 anyday!

oriel
06/04/2009, 9:12 PM
Ayone else notice that Con nearly burst out laughing when he mentioned Kerr going to be the Faroes manager ?:D

gufc2000
06/04/2009, 9:22 PM
Showing Ray Houghton's goal had absolutely no relevance, and that thunderstrike is a waste of time

Maynard
06/04/2009, 9:27 PM
Great, I thought, no more Oireland crap on the Raiders segment. :oDoubtless Con will be laughing this one off in his column. Happening on a weekly basis now, not good enough.

What the hell was Barry on about regarding Heary and Shelley? Heary is too old to play full-back, he's a natural defender so it's an absolute no-brainer to put him in the centre with the younger and more mobile man at right-back.

A minute of chat on floodlight failures in the seventies and still no replays of goals. :rolleyes:

Didn't catch it tonight. People still having a go at Heary?:rolleyes:They should all get effed. Remember Roddy sticking the boot into him at HT in the cup final? Sham.

Dunny
06/04/2009, 9:28 PM
The Houghton goal was a big f**k up imo, but atleast they showed the clip they meant to after the break, very sloppy this week. But I must admit I had a laugh at the joke at the end about Kerr!:D

thesilverfox
06/04/2009, 10:54 PM
very poor show tonight. probably the worst one i can ever recall.

the raiders was a massive f*ck up. jeff kenna having the dundalk crest attached to his name in his interview. and did anyone else hear con say something along the lines of "i dont have the script" quietly when the photos were being shown in silence on fanscope. microphone wasnt turned off

very amateur presentation tonight

sligoman
06/04/2009, 11:38 PM
Anybody know who the guy that presented the cup to Cork in the raiders section is?

Sheridan
06/04/2009, 11:44 PM
Not many people would have seen it, sligoman, they accidentally broadcast last week's on the TV version! I had a look on the website just now and it was Pat Quigley, former FAI president.

micls
06/04/2009, 11:45 PM
Not many people would have seen it, sligoman, they accidentally broadcast last week's on the TV version! I had a look on the website just now and it was Pat Quigley, former FAI president.
They played the right one after the break instead

Lionel Ritchie
07/04/2009, 8:21 AM
very poor show tonight. probably the worst one i can ever recall.

the raiders was a massive f*ck up. jeff kenna having the dundalk crest attached to his name in his interview. and did anyone else hear con say something along the lines of "i dont have the script" quietly when the photos were being shown in silence on fanscope. microphone wasnt turned off

very amateur presentation tonight

...inclined to agree -and as a supporter of a Division 1 club it's frankly scandalous that they can't allocate the two camcorders and adobe premiere licence, currently being ****ed away on muck like Thunder Strike, to just one division 1 game per episode as part of a round up.

Magicme
07/04/2009, 9:00 AM
Didnt get a chance to watch it but just fast forwarded to the photo of my son with our mascot on the fanscope. Dam their lack of script!

KR's Post
07/04/2009, 9:26 AM
Jason Byrne and the Cork Tom thing was good! Thunderstrike was Wind assisted this week! Very poor this week!

Sunny Jim
07/04/2009, 10:11 AM
And Athlone beat us 1-0 apparently. News to me.

The Optimist
07/04/2009, 10:17 AM

I must have been at a different game!

passerrby
07/04/2009, 11:18 AM

was that not the ray houghton goal

gufc2000
07/04/2009, 12:04 PM
Didnt get a chance to watch it but just fast forwarded to the photo of my son with our mascot on the fanscope. Dam their lack of script!
Great to see ye got a mention. Doesn't usually happen on Mns

Dunny
07/04/2009, 12:08 PM
Great to see ye got a mention. Doesn't usually happen on Mns

Block G Raptor(I think) was on a few weeks with his da and son I believe.

The Midget Gem
07/04/2009, 12:52 PM
Spome of the things that happen on it are very ameteur, like the incident with Ray Houghton goal. Richardson blabbering on is very annoying at times. But on a whole its been a big improvement this year i think with some of the new things a success.
Some ideas which i think would make it better would be to have a guest come on the show every week or on the phone to talk about some things in the league and matches ahead etc, eg, A manager come on and talk every week and chat.
The replay thing should be addressed. We are always watching them as they speak, when we should be looking at highlights of contentious decisions while they are talking over it. Otherwise thumbs up.

the-blue-harp
07/04/2009, 1:26 PM
too much filler not enough killer.

eirebhoy
09/04/2009, 3:47 PM
He thinks Oman should be in at centre half and one of Shelly/Heary at right back.

Showing Ray Houghton's goal had absolutely no relevance
It was a clip from the previous weeks show. Someone at RTE pressed the wrong button.

I still have no idea what type of football Bray, Drogheda, Derry, Pats and others are playing this season because they don't show us in the highlights. All we're getting to see still is goalscoring chances. Not enough.

Although, I can't remember now but I think TV3 show showed more of the highlights and everyone found it boring so maybe RTE have the right format.

Sheridan
09/04/2009, 3:51 PM
He thinks Oman should be in at centre half and one of Shelly/Heary at right back.
Yeah, I know, and he's wrong. I might have Oman ahead of McGuinness, but dropping Shelley makes no sense when you have two ball-winners in midfield and need width.

robertob
10/04/2009, 10:20 AM
Don't know if I missed it, but is there no "goal of the month" anymore on MNS?

razor
15/04/2009, 8:14 AM
Jason Byrne and the Cork Tom thing was good!Rewound it a few times but still couldn't understand one word of what Byrne said, nothing new I know.

Sunny Jim
15/04/2009, 11:03 AM
Don't know if I missed it, but is there no "goal of the month" anymore on MNS?

It was on last Monday's show (April 13th).