PDA

View Full Version : 3 games within a week...

Roo69
06/04/2009, 2:30 PM
Well we have 3 games in the space of 7 days, all going to be hard fixtures and we will need every player available to get through them.

1st up is Sligo away tomorrow night. No we all know that we find it a very diffucult place to get a result and have had some horror shows there in the past few seasons BUT they are having a terrible time of it and there is probably no better time to take a result up there. Draw for me in this one.

Dundalk follow on Friday in the Carlisle, again this will be a very tricky assignment but i think we can beat them by the odd goal in 3. Mansaram is their main threat and between Foran and Deansey i think they can handle him.

Drogheda in the League cup this day next week on paper looks to be the easyist game on paper but they are playing some great stuff of late and have been unlucky in a few games. But again this is a home game and we should have enough to knock them out. Really depends on what type of team Eddie decides to put out.

Rovers1
06/04/2009, 3:35 PM
will there be many coming from Bray??

Roo69
06/04/2009, 3:42 PM
will there be many coming from Bray??

Not on a Tuesday night, i'd say 20/30 at max

Rovers1
06/04/2009, 3:54 PM
Not on a Tuesday night, i'd say 20/30 at max

Still.. not bad for a 4 hour drive on a Tuesday night!

sligoman
06/04/2009, 4:01 PM
Still.. not bad for a 4 hour drive on a Tuesday night!4 hours...what are you driving these days?:confused:

Rovers1
06/04/2009, 4:05 PM
4 hours...what are you driving these days?:confused:

:eek: I only drive if i cant get a lift with someone else ;)

dublinwanderer
07/04/2009, 1:24 PM
After the last two performances, cork and pats, i really think we can get a good result from the match tonight. well once we perform to the same level...

just heard there are about 30 on the bus, good numbers for a mid week game...

sligoman
07/04/2009, 1:34 PM
just heard there are about 30 on the bus, good numbers for a mid week game...Fair play, that is good.

Hard to call this match tbh. If we play like we have been then ye should win, if we play to what we can do, then it should be a comfortable win for us. I'm not confident:o.

tippex
07/04/2009, 6:01 PM
It will be tough all right but If we can get 4 points from the league games I'll be relatively happy although inside would be delighted with all 6.

Hopefully we can get decent crowds at the two home games considering the early kickoffs in both.

tippex
07/04/2009, 6:02 PM
Just as an aside Roo what are you up to now that you are the CPO?

KR's Post
07/04/2009, 8:54 PM
FT at the Showgrounds and Sligo have won by 2-1!

Roo69
08/04/2009, 10:46 AM
Just as an aside Roo what are you up to now that you are the CPO?

Working for a DVD and video game company as sales manager. Still involved as much as i can with the club and do what i can to help.