04/04/2009, 2:05 PM
Paul McShane

sligoman
04/04/2009, 2:08 PM
Past: Steve Staunton

Present: Damien Duff

DotTV
04/04/2009, 3:26 PM
I don't dislike anyone that pulls on the green of Ireland.It's the people that don't I have a problem with...

Noelys Guitar
04/04/2009, 3:26 PM
Nobody.

iceman
04/04/2009, 4:27 PM
I don't dislike anyone that pulls on the green of Ireland.It's the people that don't I have a problem with...
Like Steven Ireland:mad:

magnumpi
04/04/2009, 4:28 PM
What player or players really grate with it, be it for their ability, attitude or whatever other reason.

I'll go with Andy O'Brien for being a giant douche.

AOB's one of the nicest guys i've ever met.

stephen carr on the other hand....miserable.

back of the net
04/04/2009, 4:57 PM
dont dislike any of them - once they were the green jersey , the dislike factor goes out the window!!

Colbert Report
04/04/2009, 5:08 PM
I have to go with Noel Hunt. What a total ****. This whole "goal controversy" is ridiculous.

amaccann
04/04/2009, 5:09 PM
I don't dislike any Irish player, the lucky buggers. I wish I had the chance to represent my country on the sports field. I suppose under that rule I should dislike Stephen Ireland, but then he seems to be a messed up individual.

But in terms of players I think should not be playing for Ireland? Well that can only be Paul McShane. Maybe he just needs the right manager to rough out the (many) kinks, but he's a liability.

rambler14
04/04/2009, 5:12 PM
But in terms of players I think should not be playing for Ireland? Well that can only be Paul McShane. Maybe he just needs the right manager to rough out the (many) kinks, but he's a liability.

The only manager who could control McShane is Josef Fritzl!:D..............nah he played well vs Italy except for the goal, he just lacks any form of consistency!

richieos
04/04/2009, 5:15 PM
why would anybody dislike damien duff or paul mcshane?

Colbert Report
04/04/2009, 5:24 PM
why would anybody dislike damien duff or paul mcshane?

Duff I don't know about. McShane because he's a donkey.

livehead1
04/04/2009, 5:36 PM
I was F8cking raging at Andy Keogh on Wednesday as I know that I wouldn't have allowed Grosso to get behind me that easily, and he's a professional. So at the moment, he's mine!

Beavis
04/04/2009, 5:41 PM
Duff I don't know about. McShane because he's a donkey.

And what does that make you assuming you've never been next or near representing your country? Should we all hate you?

I could never understand this attitude of thinking someone's a cnut because he managed to get himself into the team of the 11 best players in Ireland but unfortunately isn't as good as the best in Europe who he's up against. I would only hate a player for a bad attitude and despite his lack of a ability (relatively, but not in the greater context of irish people!) McShane is not guilty of this.

NeilMcD
04/04/2009, 5:46 PM
Well said Beavis. Well said, I dont understand that attitude at all. The only Irish playerswho I dislike at the moment are Stephen Ireland and Andy O Brien.

Hibs4Ever
04/04/2009, 5:50 PM

Agree

Paddy Garcia
04/04/2009, 6:15 PM
Thought I'd accidently wandered onto an English supporters thread!

Morbo
04/04/2009, 6:38 PM
Past: Steve Staunton

Present: Damien Duff

Any reason why?

Anyway S.Ireland and AOB for me by a mile, in the past Roy Keane and O'Leary, nobody on the current team I dislike.

stojkovic
04/04/2009, 6:45 PM
Stephen Carr, Stephen Carr and Stephen Carr.

Delbertt
04/04/2009, 7:07 PM
Stephen Ireland for me, a talented footballer like him not wanting to play for his country just ****es me off

MickeyEvans
04/04/2009, 8:38 PM
Well, to be fair, I can see the reason why people don't like Paul McShane. He has a very inflated opinion of himself and expresses it any time he's interviewed. People don't mind those of lesser ability if they're not shooting their mouth of. McShane does. Frequently.

Duff comes across as surly but I suppose that's just his way.

Assume the point of this is players' personalities as opposed to their abilities??

Paddy Garcia
04/04/2009, 9:24 PM
Is that THE Micky Evans ?

Welcome on board if so, and indeed welcome if not!

peadar1987
04/04/2009, 9:35 PM
All time- Roy Keane. Prat.

theworm2345
04/04/2009, 10:55 PM
I'm surprised at the lack of votes for David Connolly, though glad to see it :o

I've never been a huge fan of McGeady but I don't dislike him, but he's probably the one I'm most disappointed to see on team sheet, him or Shane Long

Manc Irish Wolf
04/04/2009, 11:20 PM
Thought I'd accidently wandered onto an English supporters thread!

Couldn't agree more.

Surprise, Surprise that such an immature, fickle thread was initiated by you Ciaran (managed to prise your head out of Pirlo's hole I see - bet you wounded about the result).

Disappointned to see anyone answer this subject with even the slightest degree of sincerity. McShane? Keogh? Long? All young kids and while not the most talented players in the world, while they are wearing a green shirt they deserve (if not need) our support.

This country has prided itself on having great support and being the twelfth man for years - you boys sound like your Anglo Saxon neighbours.

Maybe such a thread is more reflective of the modern "want it now" culture, always looking to apportion blame to satisfy frustration (you probably don't get a great deal as Man & Liverpool fans).

Jesus, if this is how you deal with footballing hardship, wait until the credit crunch really kicks in. You boys are ruined.

Lionel Ritchie
04/04/2009, 11:36 PM
while firstly acknowledging respect for all those lucky enough called upon to pull on that green shirt....

...cascarino ...a moron and a cnut with it.

sligoman
04/04/2009, 11:42 PM
Any reason why?Staunton, don't know really. Just never liked him when I was growing up, maybe it was the terrible accent but don't know. Then when he became manager...that made things worse:).

Duff, because he's over-rated. Hasn't been great for Ireland in years, just living off his old reputation. Stephen Hunt is a much better player but Duff always gets ahead of him for some strange reason.

The Fly
05/04/2009, 1:33 AM
Staunton, don't know really. Just never liked him when I was growing up, maybe it was the terrible accent but don't know. Then when he became manager...that made things worse:).

Duff, because he's over-rated. Hasn't been great for Ireland in years, just living off his old reputation. Stephen Hunt is a much better player but Duff always gets ahead of him for some strange reason.

:eek:......................you do have to wonder about some people. "....Hunt is much better player than Duff," again - :eek:

Paddy Garcia
05/04/2009, 8:10 AM
Staunton, don't know really. Just never liked him when I was growing up, maybe it was the terrible accent but don't know. Then when he became manager...that made things worse:).

He's not fit to make breakfast for Duff.

Scram
05/04/2009, 10:00 AM

OMG!! :D

But seriously! David Connolly, the most overly-inflated opinion of himself of any Irish player ever!

Don't "dislike" any of the current squad except Stephen Ireland somewhat because of his apathy towards the honour of the wearing of the green.

O'Shea used to really get my back up, mostly the Man U attitude thing but has moved up many notches, still p!sses me off though at times when it looks likes he's not trying hard enough and when he thinks he can get away with what he can get away with in a Man U jersey...should have had a penalty against us for a clear pull down of a player (not sure if v Bulgaria or Italy, but it was blatant)

OwenGoal
05/04/2009, 10:12 AM
Very Irish mentality behind this thread. Of the team we love, who do you love to hate the most? Ridiculous.

sullanefc
05/04/2009, 11:49 AM
The two Hunts, Noel and Stephen. Two self centred characters with delusions of talent and over inflated opinions of themselves.

MickeyEvans
05/04/2009, 12:13 PM
Sadly not THE Mickey Evans. What a hero though. That new Soccer Republic website did a one-cap wonder piece on him recently, inspiring me to take the name. He's a player I certainly don't dislike!

As for those going on about this being a "classically Irish thread" and begrudgery, well that is ridiculous.

These lads carry our hopes and represent us so we don't have to blindly follow them. We're entitled to an opinion about them. Also, classically Irish? We don't boo them like the English do to their players.

We can support them but still dislike some them as a people. We'd be bloody robots otherwise, such dispassion removing all the fun from following sport.

Also, these lads are in a hugely privileged position with the ludicrous money they make effectively putting them in a bubble apart from the punter. Those that go about their business with a touch of humility and down-to-earth decency - the Kevin Doyles of this world - I respect. Those that don't I'm entitled to dislike. But I will still support every tackle or pass they make in a green jersey.

MickeyEvans
05/04/2009, 12:19 PM
By the by, I have to say I've never had a problem with Connolly. Good lad. And I like that story that in Saipan he went up to Keane's room and said "I agree with everything you said but I want to play in the World Cup"...

As you can guess, I certainly don't dislike Roy Keane! O'Leary was a fine player but the stories I've heard about him since put me off. Andy Townsend's semi-autobiography - Andy's Game, ghost-written by Paul Kimmage, and I heartily recommend it, very underrated - doesn't paint him in a good light at all, representing him as a two-faced individual.

Also, I was recently having a conversation in work where a colleague argued that Ray Houghton squandered all the good will of those two goals by being such a *****. Do people agree with this, is this a general feeling?? I don't think so at all!!

MickeyEvans
05/04/2009, 12:41 PM
And those that say they thought they'd walked into an English supporters' thread... well I doubt the English would care about us enough to dislike any of our players.

back of the net
05/04/2009, 1:57 PM
WHY has this thread not been cancelled????

A supporters forum talking about which of OUR players that we DISLIKE!!! WTF!!!!

mrtndvn
05/04/2009, 2:04 PM
Stephen England for me.

BigmanCas
05/04/2009, 2:15 PM
The two Hunts, Noel and Stephen. Two self centred characters with delusions of talent and over inflated opinions of themselves.

so true

Greenbod
05/04/2009, 3:06 PM
There have been some ridiculous threads on foot.ie, but this one really takes the biscuit. I wonder how some of the posters here ever learned how to use a computer.

roversman
05/04/2009, 4:01 PM
All time- Roy Keane. Prat.

i agree the worst ever

eirebhoy
05/04/2009, 4:03 PM
Thread closed so.