PDA

View Full Version : The Blues .V. Longford

Iorfa2MaccaJim
04/04/2009, 12:05 PM
Hi lads.

Have ye got any injuries or suspensions ahead of tonight's game ?

Are many travelling down ?

Longfordian
04/04/2009, 12:32 PM
Alan Gough is playing in goals as we have no other keeper at the moment. Jim Sheridan is suspended, I think everybody else is available except maybe Adrian Murphy who's just back in training after injury. I'd say there's a few cars heading down not a huge amount though.

Keen2win
04/04/2009, 2:24 PM
I'd be happy with a drew to take in to the Athlone game! This will be a test so hopefully we rise to the challenge. I presume the bus has been cancelled?

hollocaine
04/04/2009, 8:25 PM
Another loss in the south east. Match report:

http://waterford-united.ie/news/waterford-longford-latest/

Longfordian
04/04/2009, 8:32 PM
Wasn't expecting much out of this one. Would have been nice to get something though. Sounds like Gough is still well able to play at this level much as he may not want to. At least we didn't lose much ground on the teams around us. A win against Athlone next week and we won't be too badly off.

Martinho II
05/04/2009, 6:27 PM
We didnt deserve to get something out of the match last night..Waterford had so many chances to score but couldnt take their chances..Grincell and Kiely were impressive for them.For us Alan Gough had a good game, defensively we were good but we still dont have a cutting edge in midfield.the more tom king plays the better he becomes he could become our next sean dillon if he keeps this up. Derek Glynn was impressive up front but Adrian Murphy up front isnt the answer. I think Murphs three years out of the game could stand against him even though I like the lad.

Waterford are in for a good season.. roll on the next two games against Athlone. I spoke to Ash and Battery Rover at the fai fans forum yesterday and they are bringin down approx 300 supporters down saturday night as they had a huge travellin support for the mervue utd game.They reckon carmine russo will get the most stick from their crowd as he gave an interview to the westmeath independent stating that he was joining a better club in longford town..

Tallanted
05/04/2009, 6:52 PM
Russo knows what he is talking about then!

Martinho II
05/04/2009, 7:23 PM
Russo knows what he is talking about then!

he does is right! wonder is he back from his suspension this saturday??

howsyourtouch
06/04/2009, 1:40 AM
did i read that right in 300??whats the chances of athlone having more than us at the game,id say very good...

Salmon Coloured
06/04/2009, 7:33 AM
As stated above we didnt deserve much from Waterford on Saturday night although we made Devine make a superb save at the death. Match had roughly 500 at it id say maybe more. We have sod all in midfield sadly at present. Gough was good in goal, great presence & couldnt be faulted for the goal. Bring on Athlone & Mervue, we need a few points quickly.

Longfordian
06/04/2009, 8:49 AM
Official attendance apparently was 320. I'd say we might get a decent enough crowd for Athlone, it being Easter some people may be around that wouldn't otherwise. Could do with a win alright to keep spirits up.

stann
06/04/2009, 3:01 PM
Fair assessment from Martinho there. We should really have been home and hosed by half time, and missed a couple of sitters second half too.
Having said that, Glynn hit the angle just before half time with Devine beaten, McCartney was very close with a great free kick, and then that save right at the death (was that Murphy?) - any of those could have nicked ye a point.
Glynn looks a real player, if you hold on to him for the year you'll do well. Gough had a superb game, no fault at all for the goal. Can't manage a team from back there though, and apparently he is actively looking for a keeper so has no intention of so doing.
Speaking of which, which of your lot was in the press box for the game, anyone on here? Had a pile of stuff to do but that's no excuse, should have introduced myself, no manners at all! :)

Pauro 76
06/04/2009, 3:08 PM
Was our manager in goal? Cant recall that happening before anywhere...

Iorfa2MaccaJim
06/04/2009, 4:18 PM
He was indeed Pauro.

Martinho II
06/04/2009, 6:29 PM
Fair assessment from Martinho there. We should really have been home and hosed by half time, and missed a couple of sitters second half too.
Having said that, Glynn hit the angle just before half time with Devine beaten, McCartney was very close with a great free kick, and then that save right at the death (was that Murphy?) - any of those could have nicked ye a point.
Glynn looks a real player, if you hold on to him for the year you'll do well. Gough had a superb game, no fault at all for the goal. Can't manage a team from back there though, and apparently he is actively looking for a keeper so has no intention of so doing.
Speaking of which, which of your lot was in the press box for the game, anyone on here? Had a pile of stuff to do but that's no excuse, should have introduced myself, no manners at all! :)

there was nobody from longford in the pressbox as our normal guy was away at stoke west brom match!!

Tallanted
06/04/2009, 7:57 PM
there was someone in the pressbox from longford marty. And no it wasnt me

Martinho II
07/04/2009, 4:58 PM
there was someone in the pressbox from longford marty. And no it wasnt me

ah right was denise there tallanted?