PDA

View Full Version : Attending the Full House of Matches in the Campaign

NeilMcD
04/04/2009, 11:32 AM
Anyone going to make the full house of matches in this campaign as in attend every home and away game. The only one I am not booked up to his Cyprus and I am thinking it would be an awful shame to just miss one so I am going to head to Cyprus. Anybody else in the same position.

Saint Tom
04/04/2009, 11:35 AM
was at all games last campaign - have booked on all for this campaign so barring any factors outside my control i should be there

NeilMcD
04/04/2009, 12:03 PM
was at all games last campaign - have booked on all for this campaign so barring any factors outside my control i should be there

Yeah cyprus was my only miss last time so not going to make the same mistake this time.

Saint Tom
04/04/2009, 12:28 PM
rumour has it the cyprus match is to be played in larnaca - might not be a bad idea to look outside of limassol or ayia napa to stay for a change

Cowboy
04/04/2009, 2:26 PM
Did Cyprus twice already so gonna skip that one

NeilMcD
04/04/2009, 2:27 PM
What are you booked for the game Tom how are you gettin there.

AidoM
04/04/2009, 5:27 PM
Anyone going to make the full house of matches in this campaign as in attend every home and away game. The only one I am not booked up to his Cyprus and I am thinking it would be an awful shame to just miss one so I am going to head to Cyprus. Anybody else in the same position.

Yeah cyprus was my only miss last time so not going to make the same mistake this time.

The Tom and Neil Show :p

Hope you make your standby flight to that one Neil :o. You must have kept a very low profile in Bari :rolleyes:.

I'm in for all of this campaign but gave Cyprus a miss last time

NeilMcD
04/04/2009, 5:50 PM
The Tom and Neil Show :p

Hope you make your standby flight to that one Neil :o. You must have kept a very low profile in Bari :rolleyes:.

I'm in for all of this campaign but gave Cyprus a miss last time

I was in bits coming back on Friday and that was when I headed out on Tuesday. If I had of got my standby flight to Milan on Sunday I think I would have needed an ambulance to get home. My leg was in bits after the game on Saturday in the Singing Section and i woke up in pain Sunday mornin to decided to get my original flight on Tuesday. I dont regret it either. Cant wait for Bulgaria now and going to book Cyprus over next week or two.

Moscow Mule
04/04/2009, 7:43 PM
rumour has it the cyprus match is to be played in larnaca - might not be a bad idea to look outside of limassol or ayia napa to stay for a change

Tom

According the FiFA site all of the Cyprus games have been in Larnaca - something to do with the sponsorship of the stadium.

We have booked up the Livadhiotis City Hotel in the centre of Larnaca for only £70 per night inc breakfast. Getting in on the Thursday and out on Sunday evening.

Bulgaria away booked, Montenegro and Italy at home all booked.

Moscow Mule
04/04/2009, 7:45 PM
I was in bits coming back on Friday and that was when I headed out on Tuesday. If I had of got my standby flight to Milan on Sunday I think I would have needed an ambulance to get home. My leg was in bits after the game on Saturday in the Singing Section and i woke up in pain Sunday mornin to decided to get my original flight on Tuesday. I dont regret it either. Cant wait for Bulgaria now and going to book Cyprus over next week or two.

Neil

Glad to hear that you going for the full house, including the Nigeria friendly.
Is Pampers Paul going too?:)

NeilMcD
05/04/2009, 1:15 AM
Neil

Glad to hear that you going for the full house, including the Nigeria friendly.
Is Pampers Paul going too?:)

No he is going to Bulgaria but not Cyprus. He has a Pampers convention that weekend.

Babysis
05/04/2009, 8:30 PM
I was planning on doing all games home and away and all the friendlies, but I am in 2 minds over Cyprus away now. I will have to see how the rest of the trips go and play it by ear.

NeilMcD
05/04/2009, 8:39 PM
Is that cause I said I was going then ha ha !!!!

Sligo Hornet
06/04/2009, 6:13 AM
I also have all the games booked:)........will that help you decide on Cyprus Babysis?;)

gspain
06/04/2009, 8:11 AM
Yah have Bulgaria and Cyprus booked so most likely will make them all again.

Will of course make a playoff if we are in it. i believe Kiev is at its best in November. :D

Ash
06/04/2009, 10:00 AM
Poor campaign from me this year!
Missed Georgia & Monty away double header as I just started a new job around
then and had already swung extra time off to get the Norway game in. I was also
out sick/injured for a few days inside the 1st month so didnt want to push it!

Not sure if I'll go to Cyprus this time around either.

Green Tribe
07/04/2009, 12:01 PM
all present and correct so far in this campaign home and away, will defo be doing cyprus but looking to stay somewhere half normal away from the bleedin gob****es :D

NeilMcD
07/04/2009, 1:17 PM
Can I stay with you so GT ha ha !!! Where do most people plan on staying in Cyprus. I am thinking Larnaca.

lionelhutz
07/04/2009, 3:45 PM
Jaysus lads no recession on this thread!!

NeilMcD
07/04/2009, 5:53 PM
Its all to do with choice mate. I am not going to give away secrets here but I dont think anybody who has posted on this thread would be deemed a top earner. I dont smoke, I dont have a car I dont have a mortgage and travelling and supportin my country is my hobby.

billybunter
07/04/2009, 9:31 PM
Its all to do with choice mate. I am not going to give away secrets here but I dont think anybody who has posted on this thread would be deemed a top earner. I dont smoke, I dont have a car I dont have a mortgage and travelling and supportin my country is my hobby. that will all change after your leaving cert neil!!

NeilMcD
08/04/2009, 9:34 AM
[QUOTE=NeilMcD;1139386]Its all to do with choice mate. I am not going to give away secrets here but I dont think anybody who has posted on this thread would be deemed a top earner. I dont smoke, I dont have a car I dont have a mortgage and travelling and supportin my country is my hobby. that will all change after your leaving cert neil!![/QUOT

Oh yeah I forgot I have to go back to do the Leaving for the 3rd time. Hope its easier than it was in 1995 and 1996

Ash
08/04/2009, 10:36 AM
... travelling and supportin my country is my hobby.

Not a hobby at this stage, its our duty :)

Saint Tom
08/04/2009, 8:02 PM
after the budget i dont think there will be as much dosh knocking around on these trips as in the past :eek:

NeilMcD
08/04/2009, 8:05 PM
Yeah I am going to go for 4 star rather than 5 star:)

Saint Tom
08/04/2009, 8:20 PM
burj al arab on tour

Sligo Hornet
09/04/2009, 6:21 AM
burj al arab on tour

Do we have a ROI Supporters Club in Dubai?;)

SuperDub
09/04/2009, 7:15 PM
I have been to all home and away games for this campaign. I was thinking of giving Cyprus a miss but as it looks like its going to be a massive game in this group for us i will be there too. My work colleagues think i am mad but its a great hobbie to have.:)

NeilMcD
09/04/2009, 7:23 PM
I just booked Cyprus. Out on the Wed evening to Heathrow and stay with my mate on Wed night. Then out Thursday morninig Heathrow to Larnaca and back Monday with Cyprus Air. Flying Then London to Shannon Monday evening and all ready for game in Limerick on Tuesday night. Got all flights for 325 euro incl taxes and credit card charge

LaoisLads
27/04/2009, 3:18 PM
made the full house on the last campaign and should make this one as well. the only trip not booked now is cyprus but its only about the size of laois anyway so it doesnt really matter where we stay there!

missin the flights home from italy cost us an extra €280 each so thats after affectin the budget and put off a couple of first timers that were with us and didnt understand that hardship is part and parcel of these away trips!:D

newrynyuk
27/04/2009, 3:34 PM
I have been to all home and away games for this campaign. I was thinking of giving Cyprus a miss but as it looks like its going to be a massive game in this group for us i will be there too. My work colleagues think i am mad but its a great hobbie to have.:)

I too have been to all matches so far and intend to go to the rest except for Cyprus. Had a mad idea of going to Buenos Aires instead to see Argentina v Brazil, but the recession has put paid to that idea.

Flights and hotels for the remaining matches (Cyprus apart) have been booked and paid for. But it's not looking promising for me if we need to go to a play-off.

been there
28/04/2009, 10:43 AM
Been two all home and away trips since 1990,Including Nickie cups and World cups. Would love that we make the finals in 2010 before old age catch is up with me. It is my
hobby and i love every minute of it

Greenforever
28/04/2009, 4:35 PM
Been two all home and away trips since 1990,Including Nickie cups and World cups. Would love that we make the finals in 2010 before old age catch is up with me. It is my
hobby and i love every minute of it

I taught yiu were only 40:D the trips will keep you young,

will make the whole lot again inc the friendlies in Oslo n London

Babysis
04/05/2009, 11:42 AM
Gutted to say that events outside of my control means Cyprus away is the only trip home/away/friendlies I will miss this campaign:(:(

citizenerased
05/05/2009, 3:22 PM

same as me neill, couldnt afford it last time, was too close to germany...will go this time..should make the lot of them this campaign

NeilMcD
05/05/2009, 3:32 PM
Rich Bast*rd, you should be ashamed of yourself for having so much money in a recession. I think we should all have a fun for people who cannot afford to go to games and we can all collect for the needy, so on average everybody gets at least one game per campaign whether they pay for it or not.

jmurphyc
05/05/2009, 5:07 PM
Rich Bast*rd, you should be ashamed of yourself for having so much money in a recession. I think we should all have a fun for people who cannot afford to go to games and we can all collect for the needy, so on average everybody gets at least one game per campaign whether they pay for it or not.

:D I was hoping to go to the Bulgaria match, but I have an exam that day. Anyone fancy swapping their ticket and journey costs for a Partial Differential Equations exam? It's a really fun subject, and it'll probably be far more enjoyable than the match. Please...

I'll even throw in a calculator. First come, first served.

Greenforever
06/05/2009, 6:35 PM
I'll start the collection for Colbert Report, and give him a free ticket for the Sofia match,:D:D:D

EastTerracer
06/05/2009, 6:48 PM
I'll start the collection for Colbert Report, and give him a free ticket for the Sofia match,:D:D:D

I'll share the costs with you and pay his busfare from Sofia airport to the stadium.

jmurphyc
07/05/2009, 10:20 AM
I'll start the collection for Colbert Report, and give him a free ticket for the Sofia match

What's wrong with my offer? :o:(