PDA

View Full Version : Thursday nights at Tolka?

Sheridan
16/12/2003, 3:02 PM
Heard this "confirmed" as the day and venue of home games next season on The Absolute Game or Off the Ball last night. Can anyone confirm the confirmation?

I must say, I shall miss Whitehall. No more leisurely strolls between the trees on Griffith Avenue on warm summer evenings, no more standing two feet behind the opposition bench listening to certain hardcore elements with drums winding up the other lot's manager. On the plus side, no more getting chalk marks all over my jacket from leaning against the wall at the back of the stand, or watching at least one person per game take a tumble on the steep terracing (poor Pat Turner seemed particularly susceptible.)

Nice to see it went out with a bang anyway, with what was probably its largest-ever attendance at its last-ever league game.

Ringo
17/12/2003, 6:15 AM
Whitehall was never going to pass the licence rules & Home Farm were going to do nothing about it. Must admit i'll miss it too.

joeSoap
17/12/2003, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by Ringo
Whitehall was never going to pass the licence rules & Home Farm were going to do nothing about it. Must admit i'll miss it too.
Now that all two of you have had a good cry, how do you think Tolka is going to look against, say Cork City or St Pats....2 home supporters..1500 away ones??:D :D
Just kidding...it's a problem we would love to have. Best of luck. See ye next season..

Ringo
17/12/2003, 12:13 PM
as long as were getting the gate , who gives a ****