PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Irish Player

Pages : [1] 2

irishultra
02/04/2009, 11:36 PM
Its a close one between Given and Doyler but I have to go for Doyle. I admire Robbie Keane but Doyle I can relate to as I seen him many times for City up close

Colbert Report
02/04/2009, 11:38 PM
Stephen Ireland

irishultra
02/04/2009, 11:42 PM
I like him too as a player. I just wished he'd play. I basically watch Manchester City to watch Ireland

tricky_colour
02/04/2009, 11:45 PM
Wayne Rooney

ayeboy
03/04/2009, 12:07 AM
Paul McShane

irishultra
03/04/2009, 12:09 AM
i also like that boy fahey

eirebhoy
03/04/2009, 12:27 AM
Given, Dunne, Duff, Doyle for ability and attitude.

The Bunk
03/04/2009, 3:04 AM
Stephen Gerrard!

he actually could have been allowed to play for Ireland.

ah well, we have McCarthy, and Rafa said he was better for his age than Gerrard was! And he beat Reina from 30 yards in a one-touch training session

Hibs4Ever
03/04/2009, 6:08 AM
Kevin Kilbane

Deckydee
03/04/2009, 7:23 AM
Mark Lawrenson :D

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmGrVIFGOB4)

Duggie
03/04/2009, 7:52 AM
robbie keane for me, followed him since he began at wolves. top class player who loves playing for ireland. God will we miss him when he retires.
he can do no wrong in my eyes.

drummerboy
03/04/2009, 7:56 AM
Between Keane, Kilbane and Given: all three have been wonderful ambassadors for Irish football in their own unique ways.

Hibs4Ever
03/04/2009, 8:08 AM
Between Keane, Kilbane and Given: all three have been wonderful ambassadors for Irish football in their own unique ways.

Agree

happydays97
03/04/2009, 8:19 AM
Shay Given

gustavo
03/04/2009, 8:55 AM
Robbie Keane
Seamus Coleman
Raffaele Cretaro

jmurphyc
03/04/2009, 10:41 AM
Andy Reid. :(

shakermaker1982
03/04/2009, 11:07 AM
Duff and Doyler.

the doc
03/04/2009, 12:26 PM
Poor McShane
Alas Bruce

gustavo
03/04/2009, 12:53 PM
Poor McShane
Alas Bruce

Change the record ffs

Hibernian
03/04/2009, 12:54 PM
Was duff up to few years ago..

Now be Doyle, Kilbane and Given be my fav players

EastTerracer
03/04/2009, 12:57 PM
For me, Kilbane will always be a favourite because of his dedication and passion.

However, Given, Dunne, Duff and Keane all fall into the same category - I don't think you will find prouder Irishmen and they are all top quality footballers as well (and we don't have too many of those).

zenokelly
03/04/2009, 12:59 PM
I love watching Andy Reid play, and am even more a fan because I admire how he is still seemingly loyal to Ireland even though he's been treated like muck by Trap and Stan.

Also, he is handling the current situation with such professionalism, refusing to criticise the mangement team.

So Reid for me, followed by Shay.

the doc
03/04/2009, 1:17 PM
Change the record ffs

What record is that then? "When the Saint goes marching in" perhaps?

I'm entitled to my opinion, just because I don't buy into all this Trapp rubbish, doesn't mean I can't give my viewpoint on him and some of the players he picks.

tetsujin1979
03/04/2009, 1:30 PM

I'm entitled to my opinion, just because I don't buy into all this Trapp rubbish, doesn't mean I can't give my viewpoint on him and some of the players he picks.

you give your viewpoint on two players he does pick, and one he doesn't

gustavo
03/04/2009, 1:33 PM

You're entitled to it that's quite true , But to use every single post of yours to get this opinion across is grating ,especially when you choose to get these points across in "Favourite Irish Player" thread. I wouldn't have minded so much if you'd said St Ledger but your pathetic name calling of McShane and Bruce is unwarranted in this thread. I'm sure everyone on this site knows your feelings by now

Scram
03/04/2009, 1:34 PM
Favouritist:

Given, Dunne, Robbie Keane, Andy Reid, Duff, Doyle................

and Stephen Hunt is moving in there just because he is cracked as a bottle and plays with reckless abandonment.

Thebolg
03/04/2009, 1:57 PM
Robbie Keane probably.

Was impressed with Folan the other night and think he could work very well up front with Keane.

SkStu
03/04/2009, 2:41 PM
Doc, youre doing more damage for St. Ledger's case than good at this stage (and I am someone who would like to see him given a chance)

Favourite Current: Kilbane, Keane
Favourite Past: McGrath (supreme), Galvin, Aldridge, Roy Keane

OwlsFan
03/04/2009, 2:47 PM
No favourites. Once the Irish jersey is worn, I support them all. Some are better than others but all give 100%. I don't mock an Irish player because he is not that gifted. What should such a player do? Do a Stephen Ireland and give 2 fingers to the country or continue to turn out when requested by the manager and try his best?

back of the net
03/04/2009, 3:06 PM
No favourites. Once the Irish jersey is worn, I support them all. Some are better than others but all give 100%. I don't mock an Irish player because he is not that gifted. What should such a player do? Do a Stephen Ireland and give 2 fingers to the country or continue to turn out when requested by the manager and try his best?

agreed owlsfan, once the jersey is put on they all get equal support provided they give 100%, you can ask for no more.

BUT.......KILBANE for me is a legend mate

Stuttgart88
03/04/2009, 4:19 PM
I've the utmost respect for Kilbane. Top class guy and an example of how to be a professional footballer and a dignified, modest and polite person.

backstothewall
03/04/2009, 5:39 PM
Stephen Hunt and Darron Gibson.

Hunt for how hard he works in an ireland shirt, and Gibson for how hard he fought to get wearing an Ireland shirt

tricky_colour
03/04/2009, 6:06 PM
Have to say mine are probably Dunne and Hunt, Dunne for great defending and Hunt because of his direct approach.

weldoninhio
03/04/2009, 7:59 PM
you give your viewpoint on two players he does pick, and one he doesn't

Perhaps the thread name should be changed to "fav irish player that evreyone else agrees with ".

Edit: Current:Given Dunne, S. Reid, A. Reid Past: McGrath, Irwin (never really gets the praise he deserves),

NeilMcD
03/04/2009, 8:02 PM
Well there is loads that people are posting and different opinions but the doc only ever posts on this forum for 1 of two reasons, One to say how good St. Ledger is, which is fair enough but the other is too slag off two other players, that is it no other contribution. The thread is about fave player and he uses it to slag off 2 players. So your point does not make sense what so ever.

By the way my fave current player is either Given or Keane.

bellavistaman
03/04/2009, 8:32 PM
Current Squad: Robbie Keane
Outside: Stephen Ireland- most gifted player to come out of the country since Robbie and Duffer, like him or not we need him.

Wexford Delboy
03/04/2009, 10:45 PM
Doyle(obvious reasons) and Keane for just being a legend

Paddy Garcia
03/04/2009, 11:28 PM
We would badly miss Keane, Dunne & Shay.

And for sheer talent & future legend status McGeady.

hunt4the
03/04/2009, 11:39 PM
favourite players to watch:
Robbie Keane, Duffer, Roy Keane,

Hate:
Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland

the doc
04/04/2009, 9:48 AM
Doc, youre doing more damage for St. Ledger's case than good at this stage (and I am someone who would like to see him given a chance)

Thats fair!

Perhaps I've gone a little over the top, point taken.

Spoke with St Ledger after a PNE game recently, he said he has resigned himself to having to wait until a new manager comes in, and hopefully if he keeps doing well he may get a chance then.

Also said he'd rather wait than take up NI's offer

Jicked
04/04/2009, 9:52 AM
He's resigned himself already to never getting a game under Trap? Hardly an incredible attitude. Hoepfully if we qualify then Trap will take up another 2 years to take us through to the Euros, otherwise Tardelli could come in and take over along with Brady for some continuity which would be nice. Poor old St Ledger.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you from doc?

Delbertt
04/04/2009, 12:09 PM
Keane and Dunne also O'shea is making his way up there too, great to have a versatile player like him in ur team

superfrank
04/04/2009, 12:16 PM
Favourite international: Brady (all-time), Duff and Given.
Favourite Irish player: Colm Tresson. Legend.

FahyForever
04/04/2009, 1:20 PM

So you posted on a Favourite Irish Player thread to say you don't have one. That was worthwhile... ;)

boovidge
04/04/2009, 2:20 PM
James McCarthy, purely because of the amount of stick he gets for picking Ireland and how mature he seems for his age.

Noelys Guitar
04/04/2009, 3:25 PM
ATM Kevin Doyle. All time McGrath, Giles, Brady and Roy Keane.

John83
05/04/2009, 1:36 AM
Past might be Kevin Moran, though it's hard to discount McGrath. I'm too young to remember Brady playing, though he sounds like someone I'd have adored watching.

Present would be Duff.

danonion
05/04/2009, 2:17 AM
Current squad: Keane, O'Shea and Dean Kiely and Kevin Kilbane

Past is too many to pick from: Breen, Cunningham, Harte, Sheridan, Townsend, McGrath and Terry Phelan spring to mind.

Kevin Kilbane away to france. what a lord!

the doc
05/04/2009, 9:10 AM
He's resigned himself already to never getting a game under Trap? Hardly an incredible attitude. Hoepfully if we qualify then Trap will take up another 2 years to take us through to the Euros, otherwise Tardelli could come in and take over along with Brady for some continuity which would be nice. Poor old St Ledger.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you from doc?

Have a day off! besides, haven't you got a village to go back to?

So what he supposed to do? He's playing well and is a far superior player than the likes of Mc Shane and Bruce, but Trapp keeps picking thm instead.

I say every credit for him, for not taking the easy option and taking up NI's offer choosing instead to keep working hard in a hope of getting the call from the Republic.

God forbid, Brady or Tardelli taking over as the only the only Euro's we will qualify for is the song contest!

Scram
05/04/2009, 9:44 AM
Favouritist:

Given, Dunne, Robbie Keane, Andy Reid, Duff, Doyle................

and Stephen Hunt is moving in there just because he is cracked as a bottle and plays with reckless abandonment.

I somehow forgot Kilbane.....a real example to all for effort modesty and commitment