PDA

View Full Version : Annual awards

Estar
16/12/2003, 12:30 AM
After Thoroughbreds v The Lillywhites game.

County took advantage of the occasion to present their annual awards to the senior and under 21 panels at a function in the clubhouse after the game. Niall Quinn was on hand to do the honours and he was assisted by managers Eric Hannigan and Eddie Moen and the winners are as follows:

Senior: Player of the year: Damien Brennan
Top goal-scorer: Philly Hughes
Goal of the season: Barry O’Connor (his third goal against Monaghan United at home on Nov 22nd.)

Under 21: Player of the year: Tom Corley
Top goal-scorer: Shane Darcy
Goal of the season: David Lane (v Shamrock Rovers.)

Presentations of unique pieces of Curragh Pottery, the work of Bernard Weller, were made to Niall Quinn, Johnny Murtagh and Des Scahill, in gratitude for their input into the proceedings.

I didn't stay long in the clubhouse, but the crack was getting good and would have stayed if allowed.

Countyman
16/12/2003, 11:05 AM
I think Daisy is one of the best players in division one but there is no way he was player of the season this year.

Ray Scully and Philly Hughes were streets ahead.

I dont begrudge daisy his award but you'd have to question the clubs motive for giving it to him seeing as a contract remains unsigned.

Estar
16/12/2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Countyman
I think Daisy is one of the best players in division one but there is no way he was player of the season this year.

Ray Scully and Philly Hughes were streets ahead.

I dont begrudge daisy his award but you'd have to question the clubs motive for giving it to him seeing as a contract remains unsigned.

Daisy was up their alright, he never gets injured. Only bad thing I can say is his tackle on a Bray player, getting sent off.

I think Ray Kenny and Gareth Cronin were very soild as well. Danny "Boy" done well coming in for last years Division One player of the season, Wayne Russell.