PDA

View Full Version : Bolivia 6-1 Argentina

strangeirish
01/04/2009, 11:48 PM
Not an Aprils fool joke either!

Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AmOn1bKJWUFqWbel8NL37KUmw7YF?slug=reu-worldbolivia&prov=reuters&type=lgns)

:eek:

Uncle_Joe
02/04/2009, 12:06 AM
Esta altitud!

Seriously playing in La Paz makes a big difference but it seems there is a diference between the hand of god and the brain of a semi-decent football manager.:eek:

Closed Account 2
02/04/2009, 12:18 AM
Was an absolute humping and ruined my accumulator... All the other teams had won (Bosnia twice, Serbia twice, Latvia twice, Germany twice, Russia twice, Netherlanders twice, Australia once, Japan once, just needed an Argentine victory tonight to follow their one at the weekend)!!!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Could have had the best part of a grand!

superfrank
02/04/2009, 8:18 AM
I caught most of it last night. Bolivia deserved to win.

Right from the off they went for it. There was some sloppy defending by both sides though. First and second goals for Bolivia were both really poor defending from the Argentines. No surprise really, Maradona's known for is attacking play, not his defending.

OwlsFan
02/04/2009, 1:16 PM
I caught most of it last night. Bolivia deserved to win.

When a team wins 6-1, that's usually the case :p

bennocelt
02/04/2009, 2:07 PM
Was an absolute humping and ruined my accumulator... All the other teams had won (Bosnia twice, Serbia twice, Latvia twice, Germany twice, Russia twice, Netherlanders twice, Australia once, Japan once, just needed an Argentine victory tonight to follow their one at the weekend)!!!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Could have had the best part of a grand!

thats the problems with accums, anyway surely you must have known that Boliva, and Ecuador have an huge advantage:)

TheBoss
02/04/2009, 2:34 PM
thats the problems with accums, anyway surely you must have known that Boliva, and Ecuador have an huge advantage:)

I would never back against Bolivia and Ecuador at Home, they always take advantage of the altitude factor.

Closed Account 2
02/04/2009, 3:08 PM
Well so far in this qualifiers, apart from last nights matches, their home record was as follows:

Chile - Lost 0-2
Paraguay - Won 4-2
Uruguay - Drew 2-2
Colombia - Drew 0-0
Peru - Won 3-0.

I dismissed the Peru result because Peru have proved to be the soft touch thus far in the CONMEBOL matches. They have only won one of their 12 games, home to Venezuela. I saw their 4-2 vs Paraguay and, as well as the Bolivians played (and Marcelo Moreno Martins was on fire that day) I couldn't help but feel Martino got the system wrong. He played Oscar Cardozo and Cabanas as starting strikers, both are great players but they're runners and lack aerial power. Once he swapped those two for a target man (Santa Cruz) and a support striker (Nelson Heado Valdez) the Paraguaians started to claw their way back into the game (but couldnt make up the deficit).

I honestly thought Argentina, espcially after the weekends display, would sneak it.