PDA

View Full Version : Casey & Conor

SSS
15/12/2003, 5:41 PM
RedFm today says that reports indicate that the two lads may be on the way to Derry....

Can't see Casey as a loss with Kearney, Woods and Nwanko available on the left.

IMO Conor will not be a loss if Dolan buys a midfielder.

jofyisgod
15/12/2003, 5:47 PM
Casey is not a loss, and Conor could be easily replaced with someone of a higher calibre. I hope that Pat is looking for a replacement now:cough: BEASLEY:cough:

tiktok
15/12/2003, 7:17 PM
we can do without both, once we get a decent central midfielder. best of luck to both of them, maybe they'll help improve Derry's fortunes for next season.

evan_h
16/12/2003, 7:37 AM
Told u all last wk Conor was going to Derry, simply not good enough for our team and we need to shed some numbers from our huge squad. Ryan Casey ain't needed when we have Doyler and Kearney

Eric
16/12/2003, 11:07 AM
Best of luck to the both of them if they go. Squad needs to be trimmed down and can't see the two lads getting much starts with us next season and we can't afford to be paying players who aren't playing

Neil
16/12/2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah, best of good luck to the two of them.

Grady was a star for a year, got injured and seemed never to recapture that form.

Casey was handy for a year but with internationals like Kearney and Doyle fighting for wide berths in midfield Ryan will always be a squad player.

Snatch
16/12/2003, 12:02 PM
I've always maintained that O' Grady didnt have what it takes. Good luck to him should he go.

As for the need for a new midfielderI think UCD's Alan Cawley is one of the finest creative midfielders in the league. It was certain that he was on his way to one of the big Dublin clubs but with their recent revelations of cashflow crises, that might be in doubt now. Cawley could be the finishing touch to our off season revolution.

SSS
16/12/2003, 5:33 PM
Chido is off to Boston a la Damien O'Rourke.

The signing of Beesley is on the back burner as he needs a back operation and will be out for six months..hope Dolan has someone else in mind.

City have signed 19 yr old Shane Guthrie from Kerry District League.

Carey, Benno and Nwanko have been offered contract extensions.

It's all go boy..

Éanna
16/12/2003, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by SSS
he plays GAAAAAAA with a buddy of mine. His verdict "Big tall centre half. Good enough" Suppose he can't be any worse than Coughlan :rolleyes:
As for the others leaving, Casey was never really gonna get back in the team Chido was way down the pecking order for strikers too. I'd rather we kept Grady though, great player to have on the bench IMO.

TheNorthsider
17/12/2003, 7:33 AM
its time to let connor go he isnt up to the standard we require if we keep him as a squad player then we better get a bigger bench eanna as we must have the most squad players in the league;) i think connor and casey will be the start of a big clear out at the club its getting interesting,how many cork players will be left at the club??

niamh
17/12/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
he plays GAAAAAAA with a buddy of mine. His verdict "Big tall centre half. Good enough" Suppose he can't be any worse than Coughlan :rolleyes:

I know resolutions for the New Year are hard to keep but might you be nice about Derek for just a little while?? Go on I dare ya to think of one positive aspect!! ;)

sadloserkid
17/12/2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SSS

He's supposed to be handy. One of our boys is from Tralee and goes to a fair few Kerry games and he raved about him. I dunno if he'd be up to Premier standard yet but ye could always loan him to us where could link up with his ex Kerry League counterparts (current U-19 international Stephen O'Mahony and James Sugrue). :)

SÓC
18/12/2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
current U-19 international Stephen O'Mahony

I hear that he's an excellent player, maybe we could look after him for ye?

sadloserkid
18/12/2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Go on I dare ya to think of one positive aspect!! ;)

How about, he's played for a BIG club?! And I ain't talking bout City either! :p

Éanna
21/12/2003, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
He's supposed to be handy. One of our boys is from Tralee and goes to a fair few Kerry games and he raved about him. I dunno if he'd be up to Premier standard yet but ye could always loan him to us where could link up with his ex Kerry League counterparts (current U-19 international Stephen O'Mahony and James Sugrue). :)
i would have thought that central defence was about the only part of your squad that didn't need strengthening! O'Mahony is a very good player.

Éanna
21/12/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by niamh
I know resolutions for the New Year are hard to keep but might you be nice about Derek for just a little while?? Go on I dare ya to think of one positive aspect!! ;)
when i see him on the bench, I'll think about it