PDA

View Full Version : Quality

richieos
01/04/2009, 11:28 PM
Just watched a bit of the news there and Stephen Hunt did a bit of an interview, he didnt know untill half time that we were 1-0 down, got a bang on the head right before the italian goal and only recovered afterwards, class:D

kingdomkerry
01/04/2009, 11:34 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder about him sometimes

drummerboy
02/04/2009, 7:46 AM
I wouldn't be a huge fan of Hunt but last night was by far his best game for Ireland. He never stopped harrying and hastling. He also ran at both full backs especially Grosso. A real maverick footballer but I'm glad he plays for us.

amaccann
02/04/2009, 7:50 AM
I think Hunt did enough to show that he's a legitimate 90 minute man. I still feel he's only ever one rash tackle away from a straight red card, but he's a great industrial player & has a decent enough touch when the occassion takes him.

antrimgreen
02/04/2009, 7:52 AM
Yeah he gives it his all, but just sometimes he fouls in stupid areas when the player is going nowhere, its just over egger to get the ball which can't be knocked.

ifk101
02/04/2009, 8:00 AM
Just watched a bit of the news there and Stephen Hunt did a bit of an interview, he didnt know untill half time that we were 1-0 down, got a bang on the head right before the italian goal and only recovered afterwards, class:D

And yet there's a picture on the rte website with him standing beside Given and looking on as the Italians run away in delight after scoring their goal.

irishfan86
02/04/2009, 8:06 AM
I think he just likes to let on that he's an idiot...kind of like McAteer...can't be that thick...can they be? :eek:

smasher
02/04/2009, 8:30 AM
Great guy, Stephen, who needs a run in the team. Trapp likes him and I think you will get more from him than McGeady

Duggie
02/04/2009, 8:43 AM
Great guy, Stephen, who needs a run in the team. Trapp likes him and I think you will get more from him than McGeady

no way, ya good game last night but more for his defensive work. his delivery is very poor game after game. good backup for duff. he shouldnt be interviewed on tv though....ever. didnt realise italy scored till half time...fck sake.

smasher
02/04/2009, 9:00 AM
no way, ya good game last night but more for his defensive work. his delivery is very poor game after game. good backup for duff. he shouldnt be interviewed on tv though....ever. didnt realise italy scored till half time...fck sake.

Should'nt be interviewed on tv?
Is that because he does'nt come up with the same ,boring, run of the mill platitudes of his colleagues i.e "we knew a chance would come", "you always have a chance against ten men" or similar rubbish.
Get a life!

RogerMilla
02/04/2009, 9:26 AM
i dotn think he is that good a player , but he is a brilliant fella , enthusiastic , honest and an asset to the squad, brilliant to raise the tempo when he comes on , but i would play duff every time and mcgeady too before i would start him

Duggie
02/04/2009, 9:26 AM
Should'nt be interviewed on tv?
Is that because he does'nt come up with the same ,boring, run of the mill platitudes of his colleagues i.e "we knew a chance would come", "you always have a chance against ten men" or similar rubbish.
Get a life!

right as opposed to saying i didnt realise italy scored. so stephen missed the goal and the celebrations from the italians and the re-start. ya great stuff definately not run of the mill. bloody hell

tricky_colour
02/04/2009, 1:36 PM
i dotn think he is that good a player , but he is a brilliant fella , enthusiastic , honest and an asset to the squad, brilliant to raise the tempo when he comes on , but i would play duff every time and mcgeady too before i would start him

Yet he is rubbish winning all the free kicks which leads to goals from his accurate free kicks and constant hard work ball winning, his 19 or so assits this season were garbage as were his 8 goals etc all trash. Oh and that volley from outside the area which almost beat the keeper - jesus that was pure ****e, did you ever see such a fecking aweful shot in your life?. Kilbane would have buried that - in row Z, as would Mcgeady.
Jesus he is fecking ****e give me Duff anyday he can take one step foward and then pass the ball back to the left-back all day, like a true pro.
But I'd have him in the squad - he has a lovely head of hair, like a big mop - it looks great in the team photos. Besides he would be injured most of the time anyway like some useless ejit. And he is feckinig bone idle.

antrimgreen
02/04/2009, 1:40 PM
What an effort that was from Hunt almost identical to Ray shot many moons ago obvioulsy Ray hit the net.

Paddy Garcia
02/04/2009, 9:28 PM

Suggest someone bangs him on the head at the start of every game, his best match to date for us. I'll do it if necessary - anything for the team!

eirebhoy
02/04/2009, 10:00 PM
Yet he is rubbish winning all the free kicks which leads to goals from his accurate free kicks and constant hard work ball winning, his 19 or so assits this season were garbage as were his 8 goals etc all trash.
Didn't realise he had 19 assists this season. That's some amount! Michael Kightly the only player in England with more.

The Bunk
03/04/2009, 3:00 AM
Yea on the RTE build up to the game, him and Trap were being interviewed, and I honestly could not understand most of what came out of Hunt's mouth lol, he just smiled a lot and talked jibberish lol.

Who cares though. All managers would love to have a player with that enthusiasm and determination in their squad

Wexford Delboy
03/04/2009, 3:21 AM
benching 120kgs in fairness some weight for a small man

dr_peepee
03/04/2009, 6:16 AM
I think he's at his best against stronger teams. He wasn't a regular in Readings last promotion push, but came into his own in the Premiership... I think against poor teams when he's given too much time/space his limits get exposed.