PDA

View Full Version : Indian Takeaway

joeSoap
15/12/2003, 1:55 PM
Had a flaming ruck with the mot over the best type of Indian Curry....I prefer madras myself, possibly a not so hot jalfrezi.....she insists on making crappy Korma which is way too mild and boring....I think I'll shoot her in the head, or just throw her out.Any suggestions on the best indian takeaway??:)

Beavis
15/12/2003, 3:15 PM
Never could understand the enjoyment from really spicy hot food.

It burns your mouth meaning you can't taste the food and you end up spending the whole meal trying to quench the heat but the water hasn't much effect.:eek:You then resort to chewing on the table cloth,where you've gone beyond caring about making a fool of yourself,until finally,slowly the heat recedes.

Give me 'boring' food any day!

A face
15/12/2003, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by joeSoap
Korma which is way too mild and boring

Not a chance man .... Dont spare the coriander and use coconut milk .... natural yoghurt ...... cayenne pepper ...... paprika and tumeric ....... How can you say that ?? Love the stuff.

There are two knida of spicy .... spicy tasty .... or spicy hot (not good) .... need to get the balance.

max power
15/12/2003, 4:17 PM
Well said, a good curry is full of flavour and not mouth burning, a korma can be spicy when done right, just add a little of what you like to make a korma of your own liking, i like some onion salt and chilli flakes added to mine, mmmmmmmmmm.

NigeSausagepump
15/12/2003, 6:02 PM
I thought I'd scaled the mountain by mastering a Chicken Vindaloo, but one day I walked into a curry house in London and saw something called a Chicken Phall on the menu which they claimed put Vindaloos in the hapenny place. Not being one to shirk a challenge, I ordered it. Good God but it was absolutely savage. Eyes, nose, ears and every other orifice you could mention were watering and my voice reverted to the pitch it was at when I was 5. I couldn't finish it and had to admit defeat. Vindaloos are enjoyable - Phalls are downright masochistic.

the 12 th man
16/12/2003, 7:10 AM
i was in manchester once and visited the local indian curry shop for a takeaway/top of the list was something called a cremation /words fail me to describe the taste of this so called dish as my mouth was immediatley rendered numb.excellent behaviour!!!!!!!!!!

the scout
08/01/2004, 10:03 AM
all i d say lads is if you are going to eat one of these concoctions is to put a toilet roll in your deep freeze for the next morning:D :D :D

toots
21/01/2004, 12:53 PM
Hi there, My suggestion is not to pay for takeaways. I found ' Secrets of the Indian Restaurant Curry ' in google and make my own now. Anyone got a good Biryani recipe? unfortunately this dish is not included. Thanks.....Toots

the scout
08/02/2004, 7:05 PM
Originally posted by toots
I found ' Secrets of the Indian Restaurant Curry ' in google and make my own now. Anyone got a good Biryani recipe? unfortunately this dish is not included. Thanks.....Toots

try "secrets of the indian restaurant curry "volume 2 with special section on biryanis and vindaloos

liam88
08/02/2004, 8:05 PM
Ma dads side o' the family is Anglo-Indian so I've been eating the ol' Vindaloo since I was about 8!
All Vindaloo's seem mild now so if I want something really spicy mea grandada famous curry is the answer ;)
Eating whole red chillies is considered a good snack but can't say I partake to much ;)
Last thing I ate that I needed a glug of water for had to be this mental chicken dish in a Beijing restaurant!

the 12 th man
09/02/2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by the scout
try "secrets of the indian restaurant curry "volume 2 with special section on biryanis and vindaloos

alternativley "uncle bens" do a very nice,reasonably priced selection of cook at home products.included in the range is the world famous "uncle bens rice" which has graced the tables of the rich and famous.one can always copy down the ingredients off the side of the jar thus enabling you to get a free recipie.