PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Italy: Player Head to Head

Crosby87
01/04/2009, 11:54 AM
Yes but in Music it's not even close. All of their good ones are dead. Some for 200 years.
You'd have to dig up Pavorratti and clone him to have any chance.
Although the AntiPasta probably has a slight edge over those chocalate things you guys put in the ice cream cones. So, taking soccer, food, and music, and also WW2 mishaps into place, and garbage pick up (or lack there of) I'd say the final tally is:
Ireland 115 1/2 to 113.3

ken foree
01/04/2009, 12:29 PM
Yes but in Music it's not even close. All of their good ones are dead. Some for 200 years.

nahh man Goblin were italian. 70s horror movie band. awesome.

i'm hanging my hat on ireland's inclination (myth?) to play to the level of their opponents and hope we don't get a hiding. scrape a draw hopefully, although you can imagine the surge of belief a scabby 0-1 would give us...

head says 1-0 ities though.

Mr Maroon
01/04/2009, 12:46 PM
Di Natale's out injured

Duggie
01/04/2009, 12:49 PM
Di Natale's out injured

correct

Delbertt
01/04/2009, 1:04 PM
Di Natale's out injured

Italy 8, Ireland 3

Manc Irish Wolf
01/04/2009, 1:13 PM
Ciaran, could you do us all a favour and pull your head out of which ever Italian players hole you are hanging out of.

For all their individual talents, the Italians have performed about as badly as we have in their qualifiers and by all accounts have been equally as fortuitous. For all your superlatives, they are an ageing team who are relatively depleted at present. That said, I am not saying that we are in any great shapes ourselves, however with a bit of self-belief and fighting spirit it is astounding what you can acheive.

I appreciate that you are probably revelling in the anticipation of a post-match "I told you so" fest, which you appear to revel in, but I quite frankly couldn't give a monkeys.

Have a bit of national pride.

Come on Ireland.

Mr Maroon
01/04/2009, 1:18 PM
Italy 8, Ireland 3

His replacement will still be better than Hunt. 9, 2.

Duggie
01/04/2009, 1:29 PM
ya hunt is desperate in fairness, terrible footballer. hope he proves me wrong tonight.

donalmcdonagh
01/04/2009, 1:48 PM
Ciaran, could you do us all a favour and pull your head out of which ever Italian players hole you are hanging out of.

For all their individual talents, the Italians have performed about as badly as we have in their qualifiers and by all accounts have been equally as fortuitous. For all your superlatives, they are an ageing team who are relatively depleted at present. That said, I am not saying that we are in any great shapes ourselves, however with a bit of self-belief and fighting spirit it is astounding what you can acheive.

I appreciate that you are probably revelling in the anticipation of a post-match "I told you so" fest, which you appear to revel in, but I quite frankly couldn't give a monkeys.

Come on Ireland.

Very well said Manc Irish Wolf, I dont think Ciaran has ever seen anything outside of the premiership........I reckon he just reads the Star and form's these opionions...

come on Ireland
I hope we rob them with a one-nil, after they have dominated possesion but can tbreak us down.....beat the italians the italian way....here's HOPING!!!!!!!!!!!

bellavistaman
01/04/2009, 2:15 PM
Result is all that matter we'll do it tonight i think!!!

Oink
01/04/2009, 3:08 PM
Absolute rubbish player analysis.

Cannavaro hasn't played well since 06, on his day there were still far better defenders, Nesta was a far better defender. He's 35.

Cheillini, as all Juve fans will tell you, is a hot head and a liability... hardly a teenager at 24.

Grosso is knowhere near the top left back in the world... christ the lad plays in the French league after Inter felt he wasn't good enough.

Di Natale is tempermental and inconsistent... average.

Quagliarella ella ella eh eh eh ... Quags? give me a break even more inconsistent than Di Natale.

Im not saying these players are crap, they are far from the best international side in the world. The Sun wouldn't print your post.

I work with a few Italians, one is Juve through and through, they reckon we could get a result and are predicting a hard game.

SkStu
01/04/2009, 3:25 PM
however with a bit of self-belief and fighting spirit it is astounding what you can acheive.

Come on Ireland.

"Are you staunton in disguise?! Are you Staunton in disguise?" :D :p

Stuttgart88
01/04/2009, 3:37 PM
Italian football is stronger than Irish football. Thanks for the education Ciaran.

Is there anything else on TV tonight since there's obviously no point supporting our country's football team through thick or thin?

bennocelt
01/04/2009, 3:41 PM
Although the AntiPasta probably has a slight edge over those chocalate things you guys put in the ice cream cones. So, taking soccer, food, and music, and also WW2 mishaps into place, and garbage pick up (or lack there of) I'd say the final tally is:
Ireland 115 1/2 to 113.3

no way - surely westlife, boyzone and the script would count as own goals?

and if luca toni is playing, surely he wont even come close to a goal?

Mr Maroon
01/04/2009, 5:30 PM
Cheillini, as all Juve fans will tell you, is a hot head and a liability.

:eek::eek: I certainly wouldn't! He's one of the best defenders around IMO.

Wexford Delboy
01/04/2009, 10:00 PM
1-! robbie keane scoring a goal against the a top 10 team(away) great result:D

ParkLife
02/04/2009, 8:07 AM
i'm sure we can aim higher than being a "banana skin" team. How about we realise our limitations and accept that we aren't good enough to go to the backyard of one of the top 3 sides in europe and beat them. The focus should and no doubt will be stifling the opposition tonight, everyone behind the ball, defend for dear life. If they go ahead, damage limitation.

ciaran....... stick it up yer hole!!

Closed Account 2
02/04/2009, 10:31 AM
In all honesty I don't see what all the fuss about Andrea Pirlo is... I saw Italy v Brazil in London last month and Pirlo was shocking. He gifted Robinho a goal and gave away sloppy balls all night. I think he can only seem to play well if Gattuso is on the pitch cleaning up for him. IMO Pirlo's wonderfully overrated by a lot of people and long may that continue. If he starts in Dublin it will be a lot better for us than if Lippi was to play a midfield containing De Rossi, Aquilani and someone like Del Piero or even Cameronesi. Even the likes of Pasquale Foggia, Marco Motta, Davide Santon and Daniele Mannini would be more dangerous against us in Dublin than Pirlo.

eirebhoy
02/04/2009, 5:24 PM
cfdh_edmundo - It's not just Pirlo. There's hundreds of brilliant playmakers that would struggle in a team that played like Italy last night.

Mr Maroon
02/04/2009, 5:49 PM
In all honesty I don't see what all the fuss about Andrea Pirlo is... I saw Italy v Brazil in London last month and Pirlo was shocking. He gifted Robinho a goal and gave away sloppy balls all night. I think he can only seem to play well if Gattuso is on the pitch cleaning up for him. IMO Pirlo's wonderfully overrated by a lot of people and long may that continue. If he starts in Dublin it will be a lot better for us than if Lippi was to play a midfield containing De Rossi, Aquilani and someone like Del Piero or even Cameronesi. Even the likes of Pasquale Foggia, Marco Motta, Davide Santon and Daniele Mannini would be more dangerous against us in Dublin than Pirlo.

I have to disagree. Pirlo can be brilliant. He blows hot and cold though.
Did you see him away to Montenegro? IMO, he was man of the match.

irishultra
02/04/2009, 6:37 PM
Pirlo played a defence splitting ball to Grosso for him to score against Brazil in their friendly and he was the one responsible for playing in Grosso for the goal last night and he scored the opener against Cyprus on Saturday. Maybe if he did more stepovers or something he'd win more favour with you?

i hate when people do that especially when its clear the opinion had some back up. i dont necessarily agree or anything but i see what edmundo means.

danonion
02/04/2009, 7:07 PM
Ciaran Quagiarella is not even close to a top right-winger. He's a striker and looks awkward on the wing. Di Natale plays wider at Udinese. Way to read the star!

Mr Maroon
02/04/2009, 7:53 PM
Ciaran Quagiarella is not even close to a top right-winger. He's a striker and looks awkward on the wing. Di Natale plays wider at Udinese. Way to read the star!

He's not a top striker either

irishultra
02/04/2009, 7:57 PM
Quags a wing forward, a good one at that.

'quags' :p

The Bunk
02/04/2009, 8:04 PM

Come on Ireland.

I was thinking about how to post my opinion of this thread, but thank you Irish Wolf, you did it for me!