PDA

View Full Version : Paulo Maldini in hunt for EL club

thischarmingman
01/04/2009, 8:07 AM
Paulo Maldini has spoken of his surprise desire to begin his managerial career with a League of Ireland club. Speaking to Italian newspaper Giornlali ahead of the Republic of Ireland's clash with Italy this evening, the 40 year old defender spoke of his wish to follow in good friend Jeff Kenna's footsteps and begin his managerial career on Irish soil. "They play a very Italian style of football there and for me I want to become a good manager by working my way up from the bottom." Irishman Jeff Kenna took over at Galway United in 2007 and although Maldini was tightlipped about where he mighht end up in Ireland, insiders from Cork City have indicated they have spoken to the 5 time European Cup winner already this year.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/222-01.html

WoodquayBoy
01/04/2009, 8:18 AM
What's the date again

Armando
01/04/2009, 9:14 AM
When I read the part "follow in good friend Jeff Kennas footsteps", I stopped reading:D

eelmonster
01/04/2009, 9:50 AM
insiders from Cork City have indicated they have spoken to the 5 time European Cup winner already this year. (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/222-01.html)

I wonder if that was before or after they approached John Madden, Eddie O'Sullivan and Billy Morgan.

Mayo Red
01/04/2009, 9:56 AM
That's if Cork City can afford to pay him!!;):D

Sam_Heggy
01/04/2009, 9:56 AM
I wonder if that was before or after they approached John Madden, Eddie O'Sullivan and Billy Morgan.

Between the interviews of Bertie Ahern and Mary McAleese.

Mr A
01/04/2009, 9:59 AM
That's if Cork City can afford to pay him!!;):D

Since when was that ever a consideration?

Longfordian
01/04/2009, 10:01 AM
He should pay Cork for the privilege of managing them, it's not easy to get a job in the current climate.

Mayo Red
01/04/2009, 10:08 AM
Since when was that ever a consideration?

Fair point too!!:D

marinobohs
01/04/2009, 10:56 AM
And in a later statement Maldini spoke glowingly of Sporting Fingal and their glorious history in Irish football and the similarities they share with AC Milan. Liam Buckley was quoted as saying he does not feel his position is under any pressure, while agreeing with Maldini that "the League needs a strong Sporting Fingal" (Irish Times 1/4/2009)

thischarmingman
01/04/2009, 11:57 AM
:p:p:p

oriel
01/04/2009, 12:41 PM
I remember the sunday world ran a great one on april fools day back in the late 80`s that Liam Brady was mulling over a move to Rovers just before he joined West Ham at the end of his career

also seems better to read these in print v teletext or internet, then again no internet in the late 80`s

Calcio Jack
01/04/2009, 3:27 PM
I remember the sunday world ran a great one on april fools day back in the late 80`s that Liam Brady was mulling over a move to Rovers just before he joined West Ham at the end of his career

also seems better to read these in print v teletext or internet, then again no internet in the late 80`s

Actually that was a true story..we got Pat Byrne, Liam O'Brien and Noel King into our midfield so decided Brady would't cut it... we then did a four in a row guess we called it right:)

marinobohs
02/04/2009, 1:24 PM
Actually that was a true story..we got Pat Byrne, Liam O'Brien and Noel King into our midfield so decided Brady would't cut it... we then did a four in a row guess we called it right:)

Liam brady must have been sick as a parrot !

Calcio Jack
02/04/2009, 2:56 PM
Liam brady must have been sick as a parrot !

Not as sick as you were when we signed Liam O'Brien:rolleyes:

thischarmingman
02/04/2009, 7:34 PM
He is me ballacks

Nice to see someone on the ball. :p

sligoman
03/04/2009, 12:43 AM
Feck sake, does Paulo not know it's not the EL anymore!:rolleyes: :D