4: Pat's
5: Longford
6: Derry
7: Waterford
8: Shams
---------------------
9: Dublin City
10: Drogheda

(What can I say, I have faith in the people running the club...you can't stop us, it's destiny, as someone said....)

First Division:

1: Bray
2: Finn Harps
3: UCD
4: Sligo
------------------------
5: Kildare
6: Galway
7: Athlone
8: Limerick
9: Cobh
10: Dundalk
11: Monaghan
12: Kilkenny

Very hard to predict. I have a feeling that a: Athlone may be the ultimate dark-horses b: Limerick's heroics are not sustainable.

thecorner
15/12/2003, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by wws
Premier -

Pat's
Shels
Bohs
Cork
Longford
Rovers
Derry
Dublin City
Waterford
Drogheda

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TheRealRovers
15/12/2003, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by eamo
division 1:
harps
ucd
bray
limerick
rovers
athlone
kildare
galway
cobh
kilkenny
monaghan
dundalk (maybe then TA will go)
Things can't be that bad in Dundalk

Estar
15/12/2003, 7:10 PM
Premier:

1: Bohs
2: Cork
3: Longford
5: Dublin City
6: Shels
7: Drogheda
8: Derry
---------------------
9: Shams
10: Waterford

First Division:

1: Kildare
2: Galway (If Murphy stays)
3: UCD
4: Athlone
------------------------
5: Bray
6: Finn Harps
7: Sligo
8: Cobh
9: Dundalk
10: Limerick
------------------------
11: Monaghan
12: Kilkenny

irishstranger
15/12/2003, 7:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Estar
[B]Premier:

1: Bohs
2: Cork
3: Longford
5: Dublin City
6: Shels
7: Drogheda
8: Derry
---------------------
9: Shams
10: Waterford

First Division:

:cool: We can dream, can't we?

dcnags
15/12/2003, 8:03 PM
1...Bohs
2...City
3...Shels
4...Pats
5...Longford
6...Drogheda
7...Waterford
8...Derry
9...Shams
10...Dublin Harps

1...UCD
2...Harps
3...Bray
4...Galway
5...Kildare
6...Sligo

Dr.Nightdub
15/12/2003, 8:47 PM
Anyone making predictions when there's still three months' worth of transfer dealing to be done has got to be out of their minds.

Breifne
15/12/2003, 9:47 PM
Think its a bit unfair that everyone is predicting a quick return to the First division for the Vikings, take a look at how Waterford faired this term, they impressed at times, and even picked up a few neutral fans in far flung places around the country.

While we are not even going to bother mentioning the "Dublin District League" issue, everyone involved in Dublin City deserves respect and congratulations for their efforts both on and off the pitch this season.

Its not the fault of the club that they performed above themselves and won the First Division Championship, I don't think we will threaten the established order of things this season, but all involved with the club will settle for eigth place, not an unlikely target.

Even if everyone else is putting the club down, it just spurs the management, players & officials on to even greater heights. Keep it up.

Estar
15/12/2003, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by irishstranger
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Estar
[B]

First Division:

:cool: We can dream, can't we?

You got to be positive,

I wouldn't fear any team in Division 1 at the moment (All on the **** this time of the year) :D :D :D :D

wws
16/12/2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

apologies there , my mistake, didn't realise I placed Cork so highly

Xlex
16/12/2003, 10:28 AM
1. Shels/Bohs
2. Bohs/Shels
3. Cork
4. St. Pat's
5. Longford
6. Drogs
7. Waterford
8. Derry
9. Rovers
10. Dublin City

1. Harps
2. UCD
3. Bray
4. Galway

Rovers will have to taste the smell of relegation and I feel thet Corkk will close the gap on the top two... everything else will be static enough... If McGeough takes the Harps job... then I think they will finally do it... the real battle will be for the play-off place with Waterford, Derry and Rovers battling that one out...

Neil
16/12/2003, 11:57 AM
Bohs
Longford
Shels
City
Waterford
Drogheda
Derry
SPA
Shams
Dublin City

Watch Longford!

Macy
16/12/2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Watch Longford!
Good advice, I certainly plan too..... :D

Originally posted by Breifne
While we are not even going to bother mentioning the "Dublin District League" issue, everyone involved in Dublin City deserves respect and congratulations for their efforts both on and off the pitch this season.
While you've got to admire your fund raising capacity (as you sure as hell couldn't run on your crowds) a couple of points as to why you'll never have my respect...
1) Seery's threat to get a play off spot through the courts a couple of seasons ago, costing us and harps time, money and missed players
2) The dubious way you joined the league. If you're a seperate club to Home Farm, I don't recall you getting elected to the league
3) All the talk of the European Super League when you were formed.
4) The fact that you're UCD in disguise crowd wise (but at least you raise you're own money)

wws
16/12/2003, 1:21 PM
who's says they raise their own? pobably all borrowed

btw, they WILL stay up, John Gill will probably sign just about every half decent prem player from a very large pool of available players

sadloserkid
16/12/2003, 3:37 PM
I'll probably change all this a little closer to kick-off time but right now I would suggest:

Premier

1. Shelbourne
2. Bohemians
3. Cork City
4. St. Patrick's Athletic
5. Longford Town
6. Shamrock Rovers
7. Waterford United
8. Drogheda United
-------------------------
9. Dublin City
10. Derry City (though I hope not)

First
1. Bray Wanderers
2. Finn Harps
3. UCD
4. Limerick (call it a hunch but...)
5. Sligo Rovers
6. Kildare County
7. Galway United
8. Athlone Town
9. Cobh Ramblers
10. Dundalk
11. Monaghan United
12. Kilkenny City

FAI Cup
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cork will win this, Dolan will need a trophy of some description this year other than The U-21's and he'll doubtless tell us all how 'In many ways winning the Cup is even more difficult than the league' afterwards. :)

League Cup
Could go anywhere really but I'll nominate Pats to defeat Dublin City in the final prompting the Cork fans here to flood the board to say that it's not a real trophy anyway and Cork wouldn't be interested in winning it.

TommyT
16/12/2003, 4:35 PM
1. Bohs (still got Hunt and Crowe)
2. Cork (getting there)
3. Longford (there already but not quite up to it)
4. Pats (well organised, lack class)
5. Shels (can only afford ****e)
6. Derry (money in the bank, but need time to rebuild)
7. Rovers (see Shels)
8. Drogheda (building themselves up but not great)
9. Dublin City (see Drogheda)
10. Waaterfurd (Deja Vu, ever notived the number of WUFCers in Merrion Square)

First Division (hopefully)

1.Harps
11.UCD
12.Bray

pineapple stu
16/12/2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Macy
4) The fact that you're UCD in disguise crowd wise (but at least you raise you're own money)

Macy, the random nonsensical UCD-bashing is getting a bit tiring now - any chance of you getting over it?

UCD raise their own extra money (i.e. outside of gate receipts/advertising) like everyone else - golf outings, dinners, soccer camps, etc. No matter how many times you say otherwise, that isn't going to make what you say true. It's just going to make you sound more and more petty really.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

Neil
16/12/2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
FAI Cup
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cork will win this, Dolan will need a trophy of some description this year other than The U-21's and he'll doubtless tell us all how 'In many ways winning the Cup is even more difficult than the league' afterwards. :)

League Cup
Could go anywhere really but I'll nominate Pats to defeat Dublin City in the final prompting the Cork fans here to flood the board to say that it's not a real trophy anyway and Cork wouldn't be interested in winning it.

Try saying something without using the word "Cork"!

Christ the whole league is obbsessed with us!

Macy
16/12/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Macy, the random nonsensical UCD-bashing is getting a bit tiring now - any chance of you getting over it?
Nah.... well maybe if you stay down and don't nick any players off us on scholarships....

pineapple stu
16/12/2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Nah.... well maybe if you stay down and don't nick any players off us on scholarships....

Only players we've nicked off yez have turned out to be crap and returned straight away (i.e. Lynch and Mulvihill)!:D

TheRealRovers
16/12/2003, 6:03 PM
No body thinks we can go up:(

TommyT
16/12/2003, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
No body thinks we can go up:(

Too many Sligomen at other clubs TRR. If it wasn't for harps repeated heartbreaks I'd most want youse up.

I'd love to see what proportion of UCD's budget comes from this ''fundraising'' :rolleyes:

TheRealRovers
16/12/2003, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
Too many Sligomen at other clubs TRR.
Very true and very sad:(

Red_terror
16/12/2003, 7:04 PM
i truely believe that everyone will be shocked next season by both leagues.

sligo are one of the more financially stable clubs there and should go up and the harps might and still be forever in our shadow.saturday night hahahaha.

derry cork spa longford seem to be the only financially stable clubs and after we saved for the uefa we are splashing out this pre season so beware all.

dortie
16/12/2003, 7:23 PM
Premier

1. Bohemians
2. Cork City
3. Derry City
4. Shelbourne
5. St Patricks Athletic
6. Shamrock Rovers
7. Longford Town
8. Waterford United
9. Dublin City
10. Drogheda United

First
1. Bray Wanderers
2. Sligo Rovers
3. UCD
4. Dundalk
5. Galway United
6. Finn Harps
7. Cobh Ramblers
8. Athlone Town
9. Limerick
10. Kildare County
11. Kilkenny City
12. Monaghan

TommyT
16/12/2003, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by Red_terror
i truely believe that everyone will be shocked next season by both leagues.

You derrymen said that last year though.

BTW as an add on to my prediction I'll say that both Pats and Cork will win a League in the next 3-4 years. Derry have cash in the bank and have had decent crowds considering their form but the locals coming through just don't seem to be good enough.

dortie
17/12/2003, 6:32 AM
You derrymen said that last year though.

BTW as an add on to my prediction I'll say that both Pats and Cork will win a League in the next 3-4 years. Derry have cash in the bank and have had decent crowds considering their form but the locals coming through just don't seem to be good enough.

Mark Farren was good enough scoring 4 goals in the play-offs !! He only broke through from the reserves recently.
Anyway we are not bound to the local policy anymore considering the extra cash....(and before you say it the fundraising is continous)...Its not been 'that local' this year with Holt/Hedderman/Gough/Martyn in the squad.

Macy
17/12/2003, 7:26 AM
Originally posted by dortie
Mark Farren was good enough scoring 4 goals in the play-offs !! He only broke through from the reserves recently.
Not saying he won't come good, but all that proves is he scored 4 goals against 1st division opposition.....

pineapple stu
17/12/2003, 12:47 PM
I'd love to see what proportion of UCD's budget comes from this ''fundraising'' :rolleyes:

Any more than Dublin City? Or Shels? Or Kilkenny? Or Rovers?

Most teams supplement their income with a big income from fundraising. That's the way the league is.

TommyT
17/12/2003, 12:59 PM
Any more than Dublin City? Or Shels? Or Kilkenny? Or Rovers?

Most teams supplement their income with a big income from fundraising. That's the way the league is.

I'm suggesting it's considerably less than at the above named clubs because of the GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY.

Bald Student
17/12/2003, 1:34 PM
The UCD Sports Dept. is funded by the registration fee that the students pay, not by the Government. The soccer club gets very little of that money though. The grants for each club are loosley based on how many student members each club has. The main benefit that the soccer club's senoir team gets is a ground free from rent and taken care of by the UCD grounds staff.

TommyT
17/12/2003, 2:08 PM
The scholarship scheme isn't paid for by the government ???

pineapple stu
17/12/2003, 3:37 PM
The scholarship scheme isn't paid for by the government ???

The scholarship scheme is a link with the College. Any club can do that; some clubs (Cork and Bohs to name two) are already doing it. It can't be an unfair advantage if others can do it as well.

Sheridan
17/12/2003, 3:45 PM
Even if everyone else is putting the club down, it just spurs the management, players & officials on to even greater heights. Keep it up.

The constant sniping is indeed beginning to get annoying, but I think we need to acknowledge that the club has a PR problem and deal with it. In other words, get out there and address the concerns people have about the club's raison d'etre etc. The article in the programme for the Kildare County game in October was a good start, maybe pop that up on the website.

Macy
17/12/2003, 3:50 PM
The scholarship scheme is a link with the College. Any club can do that; some clubs (Cork and Bohs to name two) are already doing it. It can't be an unfair advantage if others can do it as well.
Do the other colleges pay the players scholarship, or do the clubs pay the scholarship. That's the difference.

Breifne
17/12/2003, 3:51 PM
Sheridan,

Cant find that particular programme, which one are you talking about, is it by scottie, and what was the jist of it.

I can get it from him then.

Sheridan
17/12/2003, 4:53 PM
Sheridan,

Cant find that particular programme, which one are you talking about, is it by scottie, and what was the jist of it.

I can get it from him then.

There's no byline on the piece (I thought you might have written it, at the time.)

It's from the DCFC vs. Kildare County game (October 25th), the one with Robbie Horgan on the cover. The article is on page 9, headlined "Get well wishes for tonight's Match Sponsor, Tommy Allen" (hope he did get well, btw) and starts off with some stuff about Tommy Allen then becomes a kind of defence of the club against the too-many-Dublin-teams argument and goes on to outline the team's ambitions.

TommyT
17/12/2003, 5:04 PM
The last time Continuity Home Farm were up they didn't exactly set the world on fire, beating us at Tolka aside. The current squad are a model to go down with their goalscoring problems it'll be hard for them to pick up enough wins. While the likes of McGauley just aren't Premier Division standard. If the squad is overhauled with off-cuts from Bohs, Shels and Rovers on the other hand...

Dodge
17/12/2003, 5:49 PM
The last time Continuity Home Farm were up they didn't exactly set the world on fire, beating us at Tolka aside. The current squad are a model to go down with their goalscoring problems it'll be hard for them to pick up enough wins. While the likes of McGauley just aren't Premier Division standard. If the squad is overhauled with off-cuts from Bohs, Shels and Rovers on the other hand...

Well they've signed Philly hughes who is definitely of premier standerd and he should get a fair few goals for them. AFAIK Gill has already signed 3/4 players so he knows he has a tough enough job but he seems to be going about it the right way

Sheridan
17/12/2003, 5:50 PM
The last time Continuity Home Farm were up they didn't exactly set the world on fire, beating us at Tolka aside. The current squad are a model to go down with their goalscoring problems it'll be hard for them to pick up enough wins
Hmm...I wonder what Steve Archibald's up to these days... ;)

While the likes of McGauley just aren't Premier Division standard.
I beg to differ on that one - Sweats is one of the few players in our squad who will make the transition without any worries. I have a feeling we'll stay up, simply because we have to.

Ringo
17/12/2003, 6:48 PM
with the amount of merchandise coming in , they better stay up!! Just finalised the new Premiership Jersey today & about 15 other items. Agree sweat's premier material. Looks like we'll have no problem with strikers either.

Breifne
17/12/2003, 7:00 PM
I think the club are preparing well, John has made a few good signings, nothing spectacular, but solid players, and we will be good enough to avoid the bottom two spots.

There should be some sort of announcement from the club soon, as to which players will be still with the club, I personally think we have the basis of a strong side, with the majority of the defence expected to re-sign with the Vikings, Robbie Horgan, Wes Byrne & Thomas McGauley should all be around next term, Paul Crowley will be expected to remain. I think the club are just waiting to talk to every player about his future before they release anything to the media,

They don't want players finding out about their status with the club from a newspaper. which I think is fair enough.

Those named above I have been reliably informed will be with the club next term, not too sure about the rest, haven't heard anything. expect something from the club by the end of the week.

dortie
17/12/2003, 7:32 PM
I think the club are preparing well, John has made a few good signings, nothing spectacular, but solid players, and we will be good enough to avoid the bottom two spots.

There should be some sort of announcement from the club soon, as to which players will be still with the club, I personally think we have the basis of a strong side, with the majority of the defence expected to re-sign with the Vikings, Robbie Horgan, Wes Byrne & Thomas McGauley should all be around next term, Paul Crowley will be expected to remain. I think the club are just waiting to talk to every player about his future before they release anything to the media,

They don't want players finding out about their status with the club from a newspaper. which I think is fair enough.

Those named above I have been reliably informed will be with the club next term, not too sure about the rest, haven't heard anything. expect something from the club by the end of the week.

Have i missed something here, but can somebody tell me where Dublin City will play their home games this season...?
I mean Whitehall is almost as bad as Finn Park....(Have i really missed something or what ?)