PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Ireland Returns to save Ireland

tricky_colour
01/04/2009, 5:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/73533880.stm

Stephen Ireland today flew into Italy to join the Ireland squad after making a last minute call to Ireland manager Giovanni Traprattoni last night.
"I heard Aiden McGeady was forced to withdraw from the squad through injury so I thought they might need another midfielder as Duff is out too, I figure it's as good a time as any to make a return", said Stephen. "I am part Italian myself through my Grandma, so it will also be a good chance to visit some of my relatives out there".

mypost
01/04/2009, 6:37 AM
:rolleyes:

Deckydee
01/04/2009, 6:54 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:mad:

I knew there was a good reason for coming to work early this morning.

greendeiseboy
01/04/2009, 8:06 AM
That's great news

The Italians have also called up an unknown player called Paolo Syrfaldi from the Serie D league and is widely tipped to play up front tonight after impressing in trials.

Manblue
01/04/2009, 8:07 AM
Honestly why bother starting another thread about him? Isnt there enough b*tching done in the other one?

achillrover
01/04/2009, 8:51 AM
april fools

geysir
01/04/2009, 9:33 AM
I woke up to a discussion on BBC R5, that Alan Shearer had returned to save Newcastle and Newcastle fans were talking about Europe.
The april fool scams are getting more sophisticated.

OwlsFan
01/04/2009, 9:40 AM
I woke up to a discussion on BBC R5, that Alan Shearer had returned to save Newcastle and Newcastle fans were talking about Europe.
The april fool scams are getting more sophisticated.

BBC still running with the Shearer story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7975700.stm

Is it really an April Fool I wonder?

noby
01/04/2009, 10:11 AM
Is it really an April Fool I wonder?

Even though the news broke last night, and is being covered by a lot of media outlets, it still feels like one big joke.

Scram
01/04/2009, 10:14 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/73533880.stm

Stephen Ireland today flew into Italy to join the Ireland squad after making a last minute call to Ireland manager Giovanni Traprattoni last night.
"I heard Aiden McGeady was forced to withdraw from the squad through injury so I thought they might need another midfielder as Duff is out too, I figure it's as good a time as any to make a return", said Stephen. "I am part Italian myself through my Grandma, so it will also be a good chance to visit some of my relatives out there".

Great news but I think now that Schillachi has announced he is to come back out of retirement for tonight's game to play alongside Totti, we are still doomed!

Even Ireland can't save Ireland. (Or should that be "StEven Ireland can't save Ireland?")

Hope Stephen's Italian Grandma Cascarino survives the night, he has already unfortunately lost two of his many grannies.

ps. in a related story, Newstalk have announced that Paul Callaghan (Rugby) is to fight Bernard Dunne in Thomond Park