PDA

View Full Version : Down memory lane with ramblers

NewChairman
30/03/2009, 7:33 PM
HERE IS A THOUGHT,AND IT WOULD BRING REVENUE TO RAMBLERS IN A MUCH NEEDED TIME,BUT LIKE I SAID THIS WOULD NEED HELP AND SOME WORK.i WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MAGAZINE PUT OUT SAY ON A WEEKLY BASIS WITH OLD PICTURES OF COBH RAMBLERS AND SAY A TITLE TO EACH AND NAMES,i THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA AND A MONEY MAKER,ANYTHING TO HELP OUT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA,IM SURE ALOT OF RAMBLERS AND OLD TIMERS THAT HAVE PICTURES WE COULD BORROW FOR SUCH AN EVENT ,YOU WOULD BE BE SUPRISED THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD BUY THESE NOT ONLY FOR INFO BUT FOR KEEP SAKE AS A PART OF COBH AND RAMBLERS HISTORY,EVEN PHOTOS OF THE NAVY V ARMY THAT PLAYED IN THE FIELD BACK IN THE DAYS,LIKE I SAID ITS ONLY A SUGGESTION AND CANT HURT:rolleyes:

Ram72
30/03/2009, 8:14 PM
Very good idea.
Hopefully there will be a meeting of C.R.O.S.T over the next week and we can put some ideas together for raising funds for the club. You should come along, all are welcome. :cool:

NewChairman
01/04/2009, 7:22 PM
its very sad 124 viewed this thread and only one responded
it would be nice to have feedback so one would know if its a good idea or a bad one

luka
02/04/2009, 4:13 AM
It's a good idea but you need to take in the feasability and time consumption factors of running such an item on a weekly basis. Last season I was gonna do a monthly Fanzine but it never got off the ground because of those two reasons. I actually did get one out but it had to be used as a programme as the clubs printer went down. Believe me there is an awful lot of work that would need to go into something even on a monthly basis never mind a weekly basis. There may be no shortage of content for such an item but the costs involved of the print would no doubt outweigh any profit and I'd say that sales of such a thing would be hard to judge. That's only my own take on it though.

There has been some good ideas put out here, most of which (without wanting to **** on anyones cornflakes like) have been tinkered with before but you'll find that the biggest issue is 'commitment'. Morale at our club appears to be at an all time low and will take an awful lot of hard work to restore this. First and foremost is that the fans support the team and turn out for games, and the team in turn has to perform to keep the fans. I expect that if when the league starts, if the team are doing well then it may settle down, but that remains to be seen.

I'm hearing that the Social Committee is close to rejuvenation and that will hopefully get the ball rolling on the fundraising side of things. Other than that it's great to see all these ideas lads but like I said earlier, it's all about commitment and believing that you, either as an individual or as a group belive you can make a difference.

pcplod
03/04/2009, 2:27 PM
It's a good idea but you need to take in the feasability and time consumption factors of running such an item on a weekly basis. Last season I was gonna do a monthly Fanzine but it never got off the ground because of those two reasons. I actually did get one out but it had to be used as a programme as the clubs printer went down. Believe me there is an awful lot of work that would need to go into something even on a monthly basis never mind a weekly basis. There may be no shortage of content for such an item but the costs involved of the print would no doubt outweigh any profit and I'd say that sales of such a thing would be hard to judge. That's only my own take on it though.

There has been some good ideas put out here, most of which (without wanting to **** on anyones cornflakes like) have been tinkered with before but you'll find that the biggest issue is 'commitment'. Morale at our club appears to be at an all time low and will take an awful lot of hard work to restore this. First and foremost is that the fans support the team and turn out for games, and the team in turn has to perform to keep the fans. I expect that if when the league starts, if the team are doing well then it may settle down, but that remains to be seen.

I'm hearing that the Social Committee is close to rejuvenation and that will hopefully get the ball rolling on the fundraising side of things. Other than that it's great to see all these ideas lads but like I said earlier, it's all about commitment and believing that you, either as an individual or as a group belive you can make a difference.

Do you know who is involved with it?

NewChairman
03/04/2009, 9:17 PM
Its a shame that this idea did not get any positative response here,but i will put it to you this way if members and people with photos came forward (i just want to scan them and you can have them back when im done,i will consider putting up the money for this cause and donate it to ramblers,i fount a printing place that will work with me so on that note i will keep you informed on this issue,
this project i would love to do and post 1 issue a month until further notice with approval,hope i can get the help with photos and old articles,:rolleyes:

luka
04/04/2009, 7:08 AM
Do you know who is involved with it?

I suspect they will be people who really want to help in anyway possible and work as a team to get things on the social side back on track. The thing with being involved in something like this is that people need to really dedicate their time and dig in. Many people get involved in these things just to be able to say, 'Yeah. I'm on that committee too' and unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Hearts need to be in it to have any reasonable amount of success and with 'determination' being the key word.

NewChairman
04/04/2009, 1:58 PM
luka,you hit the nail on the head with your above comment,some will only want to be part of a committee with no heart in it and thats not the type of people one would want,others get involved politically and know it all but claim i dont know nothing im onlly a football fan but have alot to say.Ramblers need people that will stand up and do the right thing,not those that bad mouth and run with hearsay,but at the same time we need the local business help and town people so we should not shut them out but to be honest thats what is going on,If business and cobh people are not informed abouth the truth then how can you or i or ramblers expect their support and donations,ramblers is a cobh team not owned by the few.Be honest with all and they will help,Town business and people dont know what to believe or who to trust,its time to put it straight:rolleyes:

NewChairman
06/04/2009, 10:47 PM
HAS CROST COME UP WITH ANYTHING YET OR ANY IDEAS JUST WONDERING:confused:

Ram72
07/04/2009, 1:15 AM
HAS CROST COME UP WITH ANYTHING YET OR ANY IDEAS JUST WONDERING:confused:
The first thing will be to sponsor a player/players this coming season. There are a couple of other ideas too.

NewChairman
07/04/2009, 1:24 AM
THANK YOU RAM72 :cool:

NewChairman
07/04/2009, 8:05 PM
can anyone tell me when or what date will crost meet to discuss ideas for ramblers,i would like to attend and hope to be of help,

NewChairman
09/04/2009, 9:43 PM
i guess crost is no longer in operation,or dont want any help then again it could be a secret society with only the elite allowed:D

Ram72
09/04/2009, 10:52 PM
We are waiting on details of what players are on the squad and how much it is to sponsor each player.
As soon as these details are known I will post them here. Sorry for any delay but we're waiting on these details from the club.:cool:

NewChairman
09/04/2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you Ram 72:p