PDA

View Full Version : M.n.s. Tonight !

Iorfa2MaccaJim
30/03/2009, 5:45 PM
Looking forward to it.

I ahve to say I've enjoyed the few episodes this season so far.
My only reservation is that they don't do the First Division.
Oh by the way, did anyone ring the comment line and mention the Firsst Division. I didn't get a chance.

LeixlipRed
30/03/2009, 7:02 PM
What's the story with the stupid cockney accent intro?? Just plain retarded.

Dunny
30/03/2009, 7:04 PM
What's the story with the stupid cockney accent intro?? Just plain retarded.

It's cringeworthy. Rambustuous?(Or however the f**k it's spelt)

centre mid
30/03/2009, 7:06 PM
never a red card for danny ventre

sligofan4ever
30/03/2009, 7:42 PM
Oh my fu*king god. this is really bad.

Dazzy
30/03/2009, 7:43 PM
Awful, just ****ing awful.

Dunny
30/03/2009, 7:43 PM
Kyle Moran badly needs to slow down when he's talking!:eek:

A N Mouse
30/03/2009, 7:45 PM
Oh my fu*king god. this is really bad.

Thon Karaoke King thing wasn't good either

Dunny
30/03/2009, 7:59 PM
Haha!

LeixlipRed
30/03/2009, 8:03 PM
First time watching this season. It's ****e. Last year's show was a professional, if somewhat rubbish attempt to ape motd 2. This is just awful, awful stuff. That karaoke segment is a crime against humanity.

Straightstory
30/03/2009, 8:11 PM
Very frustrating that they've given up on archive footage of the league and opted for the most obvious International stuff (Houghton's goal against Italy). Totally illogical.
Incidentally I've just turned on the Sunderland documentary on TV3. Within seconds they'd referred to 'Sunderland Athletic Football Club'. That twit Bertie on it for no apparent reason. God, TV3 are atrocious.

WoodquayBoy
30/03/2009, 8:18 PM
And your problem with them referring to the club by its proper name is what exactly??

Umberside
30/03/2009, 8:26 PM
There's a guy on TV3 now sitting in Dalymount Park

Sheridan
30/03/2009, 8:32 PM
And your problem with them referring to the club by its proper name is what exactly??
The "A" is for Association.

Poor show this week, sound mixing appalling the whole way through, not one but two slots for Oireland rubbish and again with the karaoke crap. Does Roddy have hives?

Umberside
30/03/2009, 8:33 PM
Now Cathal Devin is sitting in Tallaght Stadium.

Straightstory
30/03/2009, 9:00 PM

Eh, check your facts before coming on here.

SwanVsDalton
30/03/2009, 9:11 PM
Eh, check your facts before coming on here.

Yeah get your facts right chumley. How many times have you seen factually incorrect info on foot.ie anyway?! That's right...

Oh.

JC_GUFC
30/03/2009, 9:18 PM
Still no sign of Jacqui... :(

dcfcsteve
30/03/2009, 9:45 PM
Very frustrating that they've given up on archive footage of the league and opted for the most obvious International stuff (Houghton's goal against Italy). Totally illogical.
Incidentally I've just turned on the Sunderland documentary on TV3. Within seconds they'd referred to 'Sunderland Athletic Football Club'. That twit Bertie on it for no apparent reason. God, TV3 are atrocious.

It's ok - they're redeeming themslves now by showing a show entitled 'War in the Stands : Football Hooligans Exposed'. Hosted by ham-acted hard man Danny Dyer.... :eek:

If hell had it's own television channel, it'd be TV3.....

gael353
30/03/2009, 10:14 PM
Still no sign of Jacqui... :(

thank **** mutton dressed as lamb!

Ash
31/03/2009, 7:14 AM
Have to say, watching that Karaoke King bit really makes the League look like a p!ss take! And as for the voice over at the intro ... sounds like a drunk version of BARRY SCOTT.

RTE ... nul points :o

Gaillimh Al
31/03/2009, 7:37 AM
Just for anyone who may be interested.
Minus the ad breaks the show was 51 minutes long. This was broken
down roughly as follows:

Galway-Sligo(highlights and interviews) - 6 min 30 sec
Pats-Dundalk - 4 min 40 sec
Rovers-Derry - 4 min 20 sec
Cork-Bray - 4 min
Drogheda-Bohs - 3 min 10 sec
Analysis of these games added up to 14 minutes.
Intro/Presenter Intro/Chat at start - 1 min 40 sec
Tony O'Donoghue Ireland segment - 3 min
Fanscope - 2 min
Raiders Archive -1 min 24 sec
Karaoke King - 1 min
Good, Bad, Ugly - 1 min 15 sec
Results Roundup/Tables - 1 min 30 sec

I know it was his first show but it is that hard for Sean Prunty to remember the name of Galway United striker Vinny Faherty. Collins was the same, referring to him as "the striker". Not as if Galway have 3 or 4 regular strikers. Collins also referred to the sending off as "the penalty decision".
Obviously the RTE budget is being pulled fairly tight as John Kenny reported on the Cork-Bray game even though he was in Terryland Park on Friday.

brianw82
31/03/2009, 7:52 AM
Where is Kyle Moran from with an accent like that?

Ash
31/03/2009, 8:03 AM
Collins also referred to the sending off as "the penalty decision".

I thought I misheard that and thought I was missing something when the replay didnt show a peno

micls
31/03/2009, 8:42 AM
thank **** mutton dressed as lamb!

Wtf....she's in her twenties.

Either you don't understand what that saying means or there's a sick site out there for you called man-child love....

LeixlipRed
31/03/2009, 8:43 AM
He also said something about Sligo going a goal down or something. Good work Roddy.

seand
31/03/2009, 10:23 AM

Dundawwk.

An early nomination too for MNS for most gratuitous misuse of irony, as in there was a minute's silence ahead of the Drogheda-Bohs match for former Drogheda player Christy Campbell who played in the 1976 FAI Cup final 'ironically' against Bohemians.

Row Z
31/03/2009, 12:50 PM
thought it a good show myself. cant see why people continue to slate it each week.
agree with the general consensus on the Karaoke King part, but at least they're trying to come up with new concept's and remember they're only a minute or so long, little fillers before the ad break.
Really liked the bit at the end with the picture of Roddy!!!

Theskinloyal
31/03/2009, 1:07 PM
To be fair MNS has had its budget cut by 40% this season. Imagine if that happened to any other show? I think they've retained much of the professionalism from last season.

Obviously I'd like to see Div 1 on it but MNS is there to promote the league and seeing places like Station Road and Jackman Park won't exactly get the pulses racing.

Gaillimh Al
31/03/2009, 2:14 PM
The only problem I'd have with them regarding First Division is Con mentioning the fact that Wexford won their first game of the season over Mervue winning their first game EVER IN THE FIRST DIVISION.

CameramanConka
31/03/2009, 3:47 PM
Just for anyone who may be interested.
Minus the ad breaks the show was 51 minutes long. This was broken
down roughly as follows:

Galway-Sligo(highlights and interviews) - 6 min 30 sec
Pats-Dundalk - 4 min 40 sec
Rovers-Derry - 4 min 20 sec
Cork-Bray - 4 min
Drogheda-Bohs - 3 min 10 sec
Analysis of these games added up to 14 minutes.
Intro/Presenter Intro/Chat at start - 1 min 40 sec
Tony O'Donoghue Ireland segment - 3 min
Fanscope - 2 min
Raiders Archive -1 min 24 sec
Karaoke King - 1 min
Good, Bad, Ugly - 1 min 15 sec
Results Roundup/Tables - 1 min 30 sec

I know it was his first show but it is that hard for Sean Prunty to remember the name of Galway United striker Vinny Faherty. Collins was the same, referring to him as "the striker". Not as if Galway have 3 or 4 regular strikers. Collins also referred to the sending off as "the penalty decision".
Obviously the RTE budget is being pulled fairly tight as John Kenny reported on the Cork-Bray game even though he was in Terryland Park on Friday.

Tell me you didn't sit through the show with a stop-watch. :eek:

Rovers1
31/03/2009, 4:34 PM

Dundalk/ Monaghan area?

forza rovers
31/03/2009, 4:39 PM
more football highlights and get rid of the national stuff

pete
31/03/2009, 5:51 PM
IMO they should start the show with the highlights of the best game from thr weekend. I know Galway-Sligo was the TV game but it was a poor game. If there a bottom of the table 4-4 game MOTD will always show that first. Showing the best game first may get viewer to stay with the show.

BaggioBohs
31/03/2009, 6:13 PM
Lads, is all this criticism not very harsh on the show? Its well put together and entertaining. Fair enough Karaoke King is dreadfully cringeworthy, but its meant to be. My only criticism is the lack of highlights from the first division, but as already mentioned this must be down to funding problems rather than a decision made by the programme itself. In relation to what Gaillimh Al said about Prunty not remembering Faherty's name, yeh it is annoying but the same thing happens on MOTD when some goon can't remember Abongalohr's name. I find the majority of pundits on the show to be very good. To be honest, I dont understand how a well-produced, comprehensive and entertaining show can still get so much abuse on here...

DmanDmythDledge
31/03/2009, 6:16 PM
One thing that I think should be changed is the number of pundits on the show. 3 is too many as Con tries to give them all an equal chance to say something but they never really get to make a full point and as a result, the overall analysis is quite poor.

Martinho II
31/03/2009, 7:00 PM
at one stage during the show roddy starts spoofin on too long when it was obvious that sean or johnny were due to speak..

holidaysong
31/03/2009, 11:29 PM
Dundalk/ Monaghan area?

Check seand's post. He's from Dundalk.

Dunny
31/03/2009, 11:33 PM
You never heard where the great former Manchester United player is from??:eek:;)

JC_GUFC
01/04/2009, 11:20 AM
One thing that I think should be changed is the number of pundits on the show. 3 is too many as Con tries to give them all an equal chance to say something but they never really get to make a full point and as a result, the overall analysis is quite poor.

I think that's awfully harsh - the analysis is very good in my view. You can't expect all the guys to know the style of football of every team this season. There are only 4 games gone so they could only have seen at most 8 teams once unless they're going all over the country watching every match.

I think the balance is very good too with a recent ex-player and the ex-managers.

I think it's crazy the amount of stick it's getting here - even when United were in Division 1 I still used to watch eLW - even though the show was a much lower standard than it is now.

Also am I the only one who thinks Karaoke King is funny? I actually don't know what people think is wrong with it... Do you all know it's supposed to be a joke?!

Sheridan
01/04/2009, 11:33 AM
I think that's awfully harsh - the analysis is very good in my view.
Balls is it, the other week two of the panellists had been at the same game and the other one watched it on TV! What the hell was the point of that?

Also am I the only one who thinks Karaoke King is funny? I actually don't know what people think is wrong with it... Do you all know it's supposed to be a joke?!Jokes are supposed to be funny. What's the joke exactly? Untrained people can't sing and young men in groups acts boorishly?

DmanDmythDledge
05/04/2009, 6:03 PM
I think that's awfully harsh - the analysis is very good in my view. You can't expect all the guys to know the style of football of every team this season. There are only 4 games gone so they could only have seen at most 8 teams once unless they're going all over the country watching every match.
I did not mean that they do not know their stuff. I just think that because of having 3 analysts neither of them get a proper chance to analyse and don't end up saying much as a result. If there was only two I'd say the quality would be decent.