PDA

View Full Version : How to get tickets for Ireland's away games?

Paddser
12/12/2003, 5:29 PM
With the mouth-watering game in the Stade De France coming up, I was wondering what ia the best way of getting tickets for this or any away games. Is there a supporter's club that I could join or will I have to go through a particular sports events operator, such as Ray Treacy, which will cost me a fortune. Thanks

Paulie
15/12/2003, 2:11 PM
If you are not connected to any LOI club the best way of getting tickets for away games, unless you're travelling on a package deal where tickets are included, is through the FAI. The only problem with this is that if you're not a block-booker for home games they may not accept your application, depending on the demand. France's ground is pretty big but demand for this game will be huge so if I were you I'd be trying to source tickets from anywhere you can once they become available. Before anybody has a go because I said that the FAI is the best option, I was one of the people who got shafted by both the FAI and Euroteam for the Swiss match so I am well aware as to what can happen. It was however the first time that they let me down for an away match so their record in this regard (with me anyway) is pretty good.

gspain
18/12/2003, 9:31 AM
Normally there is no problem getting tickets for Ireland away games.

Basle, Brussels 97, Sicily 1990 WC and 1994 World Cup were the exceptions.

The F.A.I. accept applications from anyone. Obviously when demand is high block bookers etc will get preference.

Normally we get what we request from the home country and I imagine the French will give us 15,000 or so if we ask although it depends at what stage of the campaign the game is played. Furthermore France will put these tickets on general sale so it is also in their interests that Irish fans are catered for by the F.A.I.