PDA

View Full Version : Possible Player influx in July?

MyTown
27/03/2009, 9:23 AM
Lord Mawhinney former chariman of the Tory Party and now top man in the Football League is predicting serious implications for English clubs arising from the credit crunch.

Loosely translated this means literally hundreds of players will be out of contract in a few short weeks.

It's possible that our little 'market' could be flooded, pushing wages down for players and making it a more competitive league. Our club has already "benefited" from this possible trend imo with the arrival of Garry Breen, Michael McGrath and Declan Edwards who (again imho) have all done very well for us to date.

While the monied clubs in Ireland will obviously be offered the pick of the crop, all clubs will be in a position to pick up talented players without bleeding themselves dry financially.

If the CEO of an EPL club (Portsmouth) can state that his club is facing a very uncertain future, then it's a great tribute to our League to be functioning at all.

jimhacker
27/03/2009, 9:57 AM
While the monied clubs in Ireland .

An oxymoron surely!

Sniffer
27/03/2009, 11:18 AM
Naive, possibly, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him what you just did.:rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
28/03/2009, 9:56 PM
Naive, possibly, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him what you just did.:rolleyes:

Please tell me you were joking there.......?!! :o