PDA

View Full Version : Airport strike called for thurs .....

SUB of the day
26/03/2009, 9:06 PM
Our stay in Italy maybe longer than intended.All three airports will shutdown fron 4am -noon on Thursday 2nd of April.The knockon effects will be huge,specifically for those of us with onward connections from Dublin.What is it with ROI away trips? wars, strikes, animal diseases, and of couse the infamous fog in '89.

Crosby87
26/03/2009, 9:42 PM
Animal diseases?

EastTerracer
26/03/2009, 10:39 PM
Animal diseases?

Foot and mouth disease .... there was a major outbreak was in 2001 which caused quite a few travel problems.... http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/internationals/outbreak-ominous-for-sport-in-ireland-688633.html

Claret Murph
27/03/2009, 6:17 AM
At this stage I am lost for words , I should have bought a round the world ticket it could have been cheaper :( . Still if we get a result will it all have been worth it :)

Saint07
27/03/2009, 10:38 AM
Id say it wont go ahead Murph but knowing your luck with this trip so far anything could happen.
Hope the trains aren't on strike in Italy

EastTerracer
27/03/2009, 11:13 AM
The SIPTU branch in Dubln airport called this but without the approval of SIPTU leadership. It is very clearly designed to get publicity because of the fans returning from Bari. In fact, the first story on the Irish Times website last night was that this would cause major disruption to football supporters.

I have no problem with people taking legitimate industrial action but deliberately targeting specific groups (commuters, football supporters, whatever!) to get publicity is a very cynical way to operate and surely isn't the best way to get public support for their grievance.

Claret Murph
27/03/2009, 11:48 AM
Id say it wont go ahead Murph but knowing your luck with this trip so far anything could happen.
Hope the trains aren't on strike in Italy

Thanks Saint, well at least that's two of us in the same boat errrrrr I mean train , hell anything could happen

Big Issue on sale from a fan near you !!!!!!!!!!!!!;)