PDA

View Full Version : We have a match tomorow

longfordjames
26/03/2009, 6:06 PM
Very quiet on here..How do you think it will go?Wexford bottom and Glynn on fire..3 points heres hoping

Martinho II
26/03/2009, 6:25 PM
I will be feeling very optimistic after the good performance last saturday. Wexford youths are missing a few of their young players as they are playing in the ireland under 18s this weekend. I would take a draw but I have faith in alan gough and would predict that we will get our first away win of the season...

Tallanted
26/03/2009, 8:03 PM
All the previews say wexfords season starts here.. Gut feelin says their wrong and if we play how we have been then hopefully we will be bringin 3 points back with us..

Salmon Coloured
27/03/2009, 7:00 AM
We have a great chance tonight for 3 points & i cant wait for the game. If we do win just watch & see this forum light up like Times Square with the "Oh my God were already promoted brigade".
One game at a time Sweet Jesus, one game at a time sweet Lord..........

Tallanted
27/03/2009, 9:48 AM
Dont think we will be near the playoffs this year but pushing for 6th would be nice

Martinho II
27/03/2009, 11:36 AM
i am here at work now counting down the hrs to wexford!! last season we drew 2-2 there didnt we win away there last season too as well??

Longfordian
27/03/2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah 2-0 if i recall correctly. McKenna with 2 goals. I reckon we'll get something this evening, the three points would be lovely.

Martinho II
27/03/2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah 2-0 if i recall correctly. McKenna with 2 goals. I reckon we'll get something this evening, the three points would be lovely.

whats your prediction longfordian? i would be happy for a one nil win

Tallanted
27/03/2009, 1:15 PM
drew 1 all in our 1st game down there last year. Alan lynch put us ahead.. 3-1 to us tonight me thinks

Longfordian
27/03/2009, 1:22 PM
whats your prediction longfordian? i would be happy for a one nil win

I'll go for 2-1 Town. Glynn to score at least one.

Massop 10
27/03/2009, 4:32 PM
Havn't made it to any games yet unfortunatly but from what I am hearing this could be a team that wants to play some football and not just kick and run so I would think it will be a positive result tonight and it will carry on from there. Would be hopeful of finishing 5th or 6th this season all going well !

Martinho II
28/03/2009, 5:31 PM
im just back from wexford.Myself and sorbo the greek missed the first thirty mins due to a ridiculous diversion which brought us by rathnew and bunclody,It added an extra hr to the journey and a extra forty miles..:mad: will go by dublin in future:(

from what i saw in the second half i thought the ref gave the wrong decision.. the ball never crossed the line. McCarthys goal was good up in the clubhouse

I stayed over in Wexford last night and would strongly recommend it as a place to visit!found the big brother equivalent of john joes!!:D

Town Legend
29/03/2009, 6:32 AM
What was the starting 11 and subs that came on against Wexford?

And what's the story with Craig Tone??? I thought he had signed for us but haven't seen his name on the squad for the first 3/4 games. Did the deal fall through???

Martinho II
29/03/2009, 7:09 PM
from memory the team were:

Longford Town: Brendan Murphy, Ray Kenny, Tom King, Jim Sheridan, Brian McCarthy, Colin Jinks (Stephen Gough 63), Carmine Russo (Hoare 76), Gary Curran, Derek Glynn, Liam Lynch, Jason McCartney. Subs not used: Michael Lee, Darragh Concannon, Colm Nicholson,

Craig Tone was never kept on along with chris kelly and mark hutchison.

Pauro 76
29/03/2009, 7:21 PM
Coming home for el Classico! First game of the season for me, looking forward to seeing the new look LTFC in action!

Martinho II
29/03/2009, 7:39 PM
Coming home for el Classico! First game of the season for me, looking forward to seeing the new look LTFC in action!

happy days pauro happy days john joes awaits me thinks!!:D

Tallanted
30/03/2009, 6:49 AM
Heres some highlights of the game friday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa6_wnzlw90

Gutted with the result its 3 points dropped, 2 silly mistakes cost us and again indiscpline was shown, Wexford were there to be beaten. Hopefully we can bounce back from the dissappointment fairly quick, I woulld fancy us on our day against any team in this league as we try and get it down and play. If we can cut out individual mistakes and sort our discipline i think we will have alot more positive results this season than negative.

Salmon Coloured
30/03/2009, 8:04 AM
I was in the Clubhouse for the 2nd half & was directly looking down on our goals when that ball was sent in. It never crossed the line , no way. We were done in Wexford. Nobody said anything in the Clubhouse as they didnt see it, no arms up or anything. When it was given as a goal they seemed to be "Was that a goal, oh o.k then". Then we had a sending off for arguing with the refs over over it. We desereved at least a point. We had to face a very stiff breeze in the first half which Wexford took advantage of. We had it in the second half & were playing well until we were robbed & the sending off.
But yes Wexford was good craic afterwards & id encourage more people to go down on the next away game there.

Town Legend
30/03/2009, 8:16 AM
Cheers for the line up Marty. And also Tallanted for the video link. How is Murphy playing in goals? Whether the second goal was or wasn't overall he looked dodgy against Wexford from the link thats on youtube.

Tallanted
30/03/2009, 9:27 AM
murphy has been poor and is costing us goals.. Has been our weak link so far

Salmon Coloured
30/03/2009, 11:34 AM
Im afraid to agree here as I dont like knocking players but this guy is a liability im afraid. The Goalkeeping position needs to be scrutinised quickly & adjustments made if necessary. The parry for the first Wexford goal was cringeworthy & dont get me started about the Monaghan game earlier this season.

RockofGibraltar
30/03/2009, 4:57 PM
yea in fairness anytime ive watched him hes looked a bit dodgy..considerin we have a young enough set of defenders apart from kenny and sheridan, i thought he would prove to be an experienced head for us but it doesnt seem like hes up to the standard...

Longfordian
30/03/2009, 5:02 PM
It's surprising because he has played at a high level before. I thought he'd be a decent keeper for us. I'm not too sure what other options we have though. I suppose Alan Gough should know a thing or two about goalkeers so we'll have to assume he's woring on it.

Martinho II
30/03/2009, 5:04 PM
i missed the thirty mins as I got held up on the road but from seeing this on youtube the first goal its pure bread and butter stuff.. he didnt do great for the second goal.. He is not a patch of Neil Gallagher last season thats for sure.. I dont understand hows hes so highly rated..

RonnieB
30/03/2009, 5:20 PM
Christ, brutal goalkeeping. Thanks to salmon for keeping me updated.

Redkenrover
01/04/2009, 8:20 PM
Lads, heard Brendan Murphy has left the club! Alan Gough may have to play in goal this weekend.

Tallanted
01/04/2009, 8:50 PM
this has been discussed in another thread

Redkenrover
06/04/2009, 8:12 PM
And its been put in the bin!

Tallanted
06/04/2009, 8:54 PM
where it belonged. Too much bull in it

howsyourtouch
07/04/2009, 3:43 AM
but why was it put in the bin,if thats the way the fans feel then it needs to be discussed and not avoided...obviously you are in favour of the way things are being run,but maybe everyone is not and this needs to be addressed,its an internet forum ffs,if we cant discuss it here where can we...sorry if im goin on a rant but things need to be addressed in the club and out in public is where it needs to be said,il leave it at that and know im going to get crap for voicing an opinion but it needs to be said...at the end of the day,with out us there would be no club...the people involved at the highest level of administration need tol know this...

Salmon Coloured
07/04/2009, 6:48 AM
"the people involved at the highest level of administration need tol know this..."

I think it has been binned because some people at the highest level of administration in the Club are well aware who some of us are. You cannot bite the hand that feeds apparently.

Macy
07/04/2009, 8:10 AM
It was binned on request of one of the posters in the thread. I think everyone had read it by that stage anyway. To be honest, all it contained was rumours anyway, and given the sequence of events I'd say plenty within to club had read it and knew the feelings.

If you want to discuss it, fire ahead, but without the said posts there's no point in resurrecting that thread anyway as it won't make sense imo.