PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

Angus
26/03/2009, 1:03 PM
Maybel it was ever thus but anybody notice that penno's are becoming a game within a game ? Maybe it was always this way but I am seeing a few unwritten rules: (these rules apply to fouls other than the blatant lunges / scything tackles or the stone wallers)

1. You won't get a penno too early
2. If you get a pen, there is a good chance he will give one at the far end
3. If you miss a pen you are unlikely to get another
4. You are allowed fall, drag your foot over the keeper - that qualifies as a foul
5. If you get a questionable pen, and 5 mins later you are blatantly fouled, you will not get the second pen, particularly if you missed the first one
6. You must not fall too theatrically, even if fouled - otherwise you wont get the pen i.e. you must not take the p*** when falling down
7. The unquestionable nature of the open carreis forward e..g if you get a 50% questionable pen, the ref owes the other team 50% e.g. a sending off, free kick, a 50% pen for them etc

Thoughts ?

Pike B
26/03/2009, 1:15 PM
Last weekend we(Pike B) won a pen and I scored it. 2minutes later the opposition(who were 5-0 down at this point) had a man go down, looked like a pen to me. Ref didn't give it. Centre back marking me says 'I thought after giving ye one, he'd give that'..

Guess your right then Angus!!