PDA

View Full Version : CROST Move Forward

luka
25/03/2009, 10:32 PM
After an very intensive meeting this evening Cobh Ramblers Online Supporters Trust are pleased to announce that we have elected a new Chairperson and Treasurer. William O'Connor will assume the post of Chairman and Mr. Stephen Conroy will take up the Treasurer's position. When speaking to Mr. O'Connor, he stated 'I will certainly do my best to ensure that we as supporters of Cobh Ramblers will do our best to ensure the club has a future'.

Also elected as Treasurer was Stephen Conroy, who commented 'we as a group are committed to Cobh Ramblers. We are all loyal supporters and we hope that many will join us in our quest to get the Ramblers back to where they belong'.

The trust Secratary was not available for comment at this time.

Stay tuned.

Ram72
26/03/2009, 12:29 AM
It is good to see something positive being done.
Long may it last. :cool:

jfarlo
26/03/2009, 5:58 PM
Just to throw it out there. Could CROST be a usefull method of fundraising for the interest of the club but without any connection to the overall current structures in the club, be they the comittee or those opposed to the comittee. Would it be possible to use this as an external fundraising unit something similiar to that set up by the friends of the rebel army. I strongly believe that current circumstances have driven local people away from the club to an extent where they are no longer interested. maybe if a commitee was set up with no links to any faction we could begin to move forward. I dont think that anyone could object to this,even the people on this forum. At the moment there is no fundraising ongoing we cant leave it all up to joe devlin.:D

rambler14
26/03/2009, 6:34 PM
At the moment there is no fundraising ongoing we cant leave it all up to joe devlin.:D

Hiya!:D

pcplod
26/03/2009, 6:37 PM
great idea Farlo

don ramo
26/03/2009, 7:24 PM
it is a superb idea, but ye all know we would be imeditately associated to someone,

the supporters club are a completely seperate entity to the club,

theres a social committee being set up to my knowledge,

i siad it last night im great at supporting and giving money, but i can honestly say i couldnt organise a bus, if we had people in CROST (or a seperate entity) that knew all about the in and outs of what works and how it works fundraising wise, they would be a better fit

Firestorm
27/03/2009, 8:17 AM
it is a superb idea, but ye all know we would be imeditately associated to someone,

the supporters club are a completely seperate entity to the club,

theres a social committee being set up to my knowledge,

i siad it last night im great at supporting and giving money, but i can honestly say i couldnt organise a bus, if we had people in CROST (or a seperate entity) that knew all about the in and outs of what works and how it works fundraising wise, they would be a better fit

A supporters club trust was set up at Southend United about 8 years ago or so when the club was seriously threatened with going under (Monthly winding up orders etc) with the plan to establish a fighting fund and hopefully get enough money together to , if not take the club over should it go into administration, at least reinvent itself (albeit at a lower level) should the worst happen. At the time advice was sought from other trusts (mainly Bournemouth who had successfully taken the club over).
If a supporters Trust is to be set up , I would suggest that the organisers contact other Trusts for advice.

As it goes , the Southend United Trust was not needed for rescue purposes, but it has progressed into a valid and respected supporters voice with regular meetings with the club. They are now the major sponsors for the youth team and have bought training and physio equipment for the club which at the time they needed but could not really afford.

They run monthly 100 club draws, race nights , quiz nights and a host of other fundraising events . Last month several trust members did a sponsored delivery of the match ball for the away game at our local rivals, 6 memebers did a sponsored walk with the match ball from Southends ground to Colchesters new stadium (over 40 miles)

www.shrimperstrust.co.uk

Realramsfan
27/03/2009, 5:14 PM
:ball:A great idea from jfarlo,maybe a meeting could be set up away from the club to throw out ideas to try and get something started.Even the smallest bit of money would go to pay of something.There is loads of fundraising ideas out there ,its only a matter of picking the right ones to suit.Things might be looking up for a change.:o

don ramo
27/03/2009, 7:13 PM
:ball:A great idea from jfarlo,maybe a meeting could be set up away from the club to throw out ideas to try and get something started.Even the smallest bit of money would go to pay of something.There is loads of fundraising ideas out there ,its only a matter of picking the right ones to suit.Things might be looking up for a change.:o

why would you have a meeting to support rams AWAY from the club,

firestorm has a great idea, that would be an amazing thing to do, would require tremendus support from a lot of people

sky will be getting cancellations left right and center over the next year or two, we should try and capitilise on things like that, cork businesses are promoting local produce and id say its working,

only thinking of it, if every person on the island (15000 approx) paid 35 Euro each it would wipe our debth instantly, really makes it look like noting thinking of it that way, i know people that owe more on there mortgages than we owe,

pcplod
27/03/2009, 8:08 PM
why would you have a meeting to support rams AWAY from the club,

life member has a great idea, that would be an amazing thing to do, would require tremendus support from a lot of people

sky will be getting cancellations left right and center over the next year or two, we should try and capitilise on things like that, cork businesses are promoting local produce and id say its working,

only thinking of it, if every person on the island (15000 approx) paid 35 Euro each it would wipe our debth instantly, really makes it look like noting thinking of it that way, i know people that owe more on there mortgages than we owe,
Who? think you are getting your threads mixed up :p

don ramo
27/03/2009, 8:10 PM
Who? think you are getting your threads mixed up :p

my bad firestorm;)

NewChairman
31/03/2009, 1:49 AM
luka,just a quick question,has ramblers ever considered running a teen dance 1 day a week with a juice bar only,.The money generated could be put into ramblers and money from the juice bar goes to the club bar.im just asking as many things could be of great help to ramblers.im not saying this is a good idea but we have to look at every angle for a way to generate money.or how about an oldie dance to the memories of past players of ramblers with a slide show,the whole thing is to draw the public into ramblers and show them we are a great club and organisation,god knows it might boost membership and get more people involved,just a thought :rolleyes:

rambler14
31/03/2009, 3:18 PM
The club can't afford orange juice.....Aldi or otherwise!

Ram72
31/03/2009, 6:28 PM
There is a bigger profit margin on minerals then there is on alcohol.

bellavistaman
01/04/2009, 1:57 PM

Do you have to put a smart ass comment in everytime someone makes a suggestion youve made this type joke about a thousand times. Were broke we know we cant afford players water electrcity orange juice toilet roll peanuts the lot, joke over, stop diverting the conversation and give the "NewChairman's":o comments a bit of respect.

NewChairman
01/04/2009, 5:28 PM
REALRAMSFAN,I AGREE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF FUNDRAISING IDEAS OUT THERE BUT THEY HAVE TO BE ACTED ON,FOR EXAMPLE HOW ABOUT A FRIENDLY GAME WITH THE PAST PLAYERS FROM RAMBLERS,NOT ONLY WOULD BE FUN BUT GREAT TO SEE SOME PLAYERS FROM THE PAST ON THE FIELD,EVEN IF IT WAS 2EUROS TO GET IN AND SAY 500 CAME PLUS MONEY GOING TO THE BAR IS A START.OLD TIMERS SOCCER,I THINK IT WOULD DRAW A CROWD AND IT WOULD BE A SCREAM.WE MUST INCLUDE ALL OLD AND YOUNG,I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT GAME IF WE COULD PULL IT OFF.:p

Realramsfan
01/04/2009, 6:00 PM
:ball:That would be agreat idea newchairman which would not cost anything to set up only peoples time.the idea of a teenage disco is also a great idea,as i said all thats needed is for people to come together who are serious about fundraising for the club so they can discuss whatever ideas that come out.

6yardpunisha
01/04/2009, 6:18 PM
dont mean to p**s on anyones parade here but trying to attract anyform of sponsorship/fundraising initiatives to the club is going to be an extremely hard task given the current economic climate and also as long as the current committee remain in place. People dont trust the club anymore(if they ever did), as i said not p**sing on any parades but sad id add my tuppence worth for what its worth

NewChairman
01/04/2009, 7:08 PM
dont mean to p**s on anyones parade here but trying to attract anyform of sponsorship/fundraising initiatives to the club is going to be an extremely hard task given the current economic climate and also as long as the current committee remain in place. People dont trust the club anymore(if they ever did), as i said not p**sing on any parades but sad id add my tuppence worth for what its worth

i see your point but no one came forward for election or to run against any one of them,so now rmblers is stuck with a committee that people dont like,imo it would not matter at this point who is in someone will bitch.i ask you this does your last thread mean you gave up,im not referring to the committee i was on about the sport aspect and fundraising.
is this about sport or whom we dont like because all i care about is the teams be it u 17 u 21 or msl relaxe and enjoy what example are we setting when the young ones see us bickering and fighting.give our young ones something to look forward too,. Like i said its about the sport,the committee is another subject.:d

Firestorm
02/04/2009, 7:43 AM
To be honest I do think contacting one of the successful trusts running elsewhere, to find out how they got going, what they do etc would be the best bet.
Fundraising ideas are great, but this are something for a little further own the road.
Firstly you need to get organised, get a mission statement out there in the press, a good publicity launch to get the thing in everyones mind. Membership and a donations facility so that those who are unable to attend feel they are part of it

May I suggest Roy Keane is contacted and given Member number 1 (then get that in the press , possibly all over Ireland)

Then get the fundraisers rolling. Not too many and not too frequent as there is only limited funds available to people for functions, but get collection tins out in the pubs, street collections on saturdays in shopping centres etc, every little helps and these are low outlay income streams
Once the membership is enough to sustain it, get a decent 100 club style draw running. Also Xmas, end and beginning of season raffles help.
May be a bbq after the first game of the season ?, raffles at these events always raise a few bob and local companies may well donate some decent prizes.

6yardpunisha
02/04/2009, 8:29 PM
i see your point but no one came forward for election or to run against any one of them,so now rmblers is stuck with a committee that people dont like,imo it would not matter at this point who is in someone will bitch.i ask you this does your last thread mean you gave up,im not referring to the committee i was on about the sport aspect and fundraising.
is this about sport or whom we dont like because all i care about is the teams be it u 17 u 21 or msl relaxe and enjoy what example are we setting when the young ones see us bickering and fighting.give our young ones something to look forward too,. Like i said its about the sport,the committee is another subject.:d

yep, place can burn down at this stage for all i care, signing off now only to post here on a very casual basis as the whole place(ramblers not foot.ie Adam) is warped and corrupt IMHO. All the best now lads, hope it all works out for the ordinary fans over there but hope for the sake of the club that the entire committee step down ASAP.

p.s. Barry Walsh, any sign of John Delaney yet, members are still waiting for him to fulfill your promise to the members:D

Ram72
02/04/2009, 11:13 PM
p.s. Barry Walsh, any sign of John Delaney yet, members are still waiting for him to fulfill your promise to the members:D

No, Delaney decided to give Bertie Ahern a free trip to Bari instead, he deserved it more.:cool:

don ramo
02/04/2009, 11:24 PM
no, delaney decided to give bertie ahern a free trip to bari instead, he deserved it more.:cool:

:D:D .