PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Matches

sligoman
25/03/2009, 9:59 PM
We've played Galway United fans twice and Derry City fans once. We're playing Galway again this Saturday. Do any other clubs fans play each other?

If anyone wants a game around the weekend of the actual teams game in future let us know and we can try and arrange something. It's good craic:)

Flawless
25/03/2009, 11:56 PM
I know are lads played Bohs once or twice, and they (Bohs) have played shels a few times too!..the Limerick lads were on about orgainising a mini tourney a while back i believe aswell!

sligoman
25/03/2009, 11:59 PM
I know are lads played Bohs once or twice, and they (Bohs) have played shels a few times too!..the Limerick lads were on about orgainising a mini tourney a while back i believe aswell!Would any of ye be up for playing us next week? If ye are up here earlier in the day we could play ye on the astro at the Showgrounds and then pub afterwards, before the actual match then. Handy thing about playing on a Saturday, more people are able to make it.

Dodge
25/03/2009, 11:59 PM
Dublin clubs used to play regularly a couple of years ago. Even had a cup at one stage (still think it's in McDowells actually)

Pats fans team becoming pretty active, and played v Drogheda to raise funds for their survival. Their off to Birmingham soon to play their lot too

Flawless
26/03/2009, 12:07 AM
Would any of ye be up for playing us next week? If ye are up here earlier in the day we could play ye on the astro at the Showgrounds and then pub afterwards, before the actual match then. Handy thing about playing on a Saturday, more people are able to make it.

I am currently exiled at the moment, but i would suggest dropping a message on www.orielweb.com ..and maybe PM Conroy on there as i think hes the one who normally organises it!..I think you could very well find a fe lads up for it!

Dunny
26/03/2009, 3:10 AM
And I'm sure when Sligo visit Dundalk a match could be arranged in Oriel. Just get on to our forum.

Ash
26/03/2009, 6:51 AM
We played against Section O in a charity match last year and it was great
craic ... mainly cos we won :D
Hoping to organise a rematch this year and make it into a regular fixture.

Tallanted
26/03/2009, 6:57 AM
You mean you played a longford town fans team, some of us would rather not be associated with the section o casuals

Ash
26/03/2009, 7:26 AM
You mean you played a longford town fans team, some of us would rather not be associated with the section o casuals

After the post match carnage and violence I suppose your right :D
Another missed opportunity for TV3

luka
26/03/2009, 8:53 AM
We, Cobh Ramblers, are playing Cork City on April 25th at St.Colmans Park. Also organising a five or six team tournament for August. If any of you guys from whatever teams want to play us in Cobh then just let me know but I suspect that travelling might be an issue.

KR's Post
26/03/2009, 10:22 AM
Bray supporters club with me in the team played a tournament with Kildare and Blackburn fans twice. Once in Bray and then in Kildare and we won the tournament, both times!

gufcfan
26/03/2009, 10:27 AM
GUST held a League of Ireland supporters cup competition during the mid-season break last year. It was won by Athlone Town.

http://www.istatonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/istatteamphoto.jpg

LeixlipRed
26/03/2009, 10:33 AM
The less said about our game against Bohs the better :D

Sam_Heggy
26/03/2009, 11:00 AM
We had a game between our fans and Legends in Jan, it was an awful day weather wise but the game itself was good craic.
I have boys looking to get games now all the time so if any of ye fancy a game against a Harps fans side let me know.

GlasnevinRed
26/03/2009, 2:02 PM
The less said about our game against Bohs the better :D

Ah now. Was a good laugh.:D

Red&White Rover
26/03/2009, 3:36 PM
I'd just like to point out that as of now, we're reigning Irish Supporters champions.

Undefeated:D...

Weatherman
26/03/2009, 3:48 PM
Bray supporters club with me in the team played a tournament with Kildare and Blackburn fans twice. Once in Bray and then in Kildare and we won the tournament, both times!

dont be bragging now, u where only a sub!

johemian
26/03/2009, 5:14 PM
Bohs fans will play anyone. Send me a message

sheao
26/03/2009, 9:18 PM
The league of Ireland supporters cup should be held this year again i think.Should be somthing that should be looked into making anannual event.