PDA

View Full Version : New text and ezine service

Tis-smeee
25/03/2009, 11:36 AM
Just signed up to the new service on loi.ie , if done correctly I think this can be a great service , sign up here

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/component/content/article/57-other-multimedia/399-catch-the-latest-news-with-loi-text-and-ezine-updates

L37Ultra
25/03/2009, 11:44 AM
Just signed up to the new service on loi.ie , if done correctlu I think this can be a great service , sign up here

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/component/content/article/57-other-multimedia/399-catch-the-latest-news-with-loi-text-and-ezine-updates

Is there a charge on this service or is it free like last season?

Tis-smeee
25/03/2009, 11:47 AM
Still free , but you have to register an email for each number I think

BohDiddley
25/03/2009, 3:37 PM
I see they're only interested in people who don't have an apostrophe in their name.

sligoman
25/03/2009, 4:21 PM
Sligo Rovers fans were sent the wrong text today. We were asked to help Galway United stay top of the league by going to Terryland Friday...sent to wrong set of fans obviously:D

prodsc
25/03/2009, 4:23 PM
Wasn't the easiest to register but got there in the end!!

Just got a message from Sligo Rovers(who I support) telling me;

'Galway United need your help to stay top of the table. Come to Terryland .......'

Don't think so!!

celticV3
25/03/2009, 4:29 PM
Got the same thing. Will burn terryland down to even things up.

sligored
25/03/2009, 4:51 PM
Sligo Rovers fans were sent the wrong text today. We were asked to help Galway United stay top of the league by going to Terryland Friday...sent to wrong set of fans obviously:D

would it be tongue in cheek in order to encourage more rovers fans to travel

pól-dcfc
25/03/2009, 4:56 PM
Just realised I may have made an error in my application.

Do you reckon the bods at the FAI have the cop to figure out that most people from Derry would selected Ireland as their country, but enter a UK mobile number?

thesilverfox
25/03/2009, 5:04 PM
got an email that confirmed i signed up. didnt get the text message though:(

prodsc
25/03/2009, 5:55 PM
got an email that confirmed i signed up. didnt get the text message though:(

I had signed up yesterday , text sent today 5ish..If you only signed up this evening text wouldn't have been sent out.

Interesting point from Derry fan..my phone no was originally entered as +353 etc but had to change it and no spaces as far as I can remember..UK numbers could be a problem:mad:

BohDiddley
25/03/2009, 6:52 PM
UK numbers weren't a problem last year.

Redkenrover
25/03/2009, 7:43 PM
Got the same thing. Will burn terryland down to even things up.

I think that is a disgraceful comment and should be taken off immediately:D. You know very well sh**e doesnt burn very well and think of the smell:eek:

Oh by the way I might have some matches:p

sligoman
25/03/2009, 7:47 PM
Just got a message from Phonovation apologising for sending the wrong text. It was sent by them, not Rovers:D.

Redkenrover
25/03/2009, 7:48 PM
Just got an apology from Phonovation for the earlier text calling all the Sligo Rovers supporters to get behind GUFC on Friday night Well f*^k it!! I had just dyed my rovers jersey a lovely shade of maroon.:D

prodsc
25/03/2009, 7:49 PM
Phonovation(service provider) admit was their fault. Obviously just meant for Galway fans..would be happy if they were sending them out to other supporters to keep Sligo Rovers TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

pól-dcfc
25/03/2009, 8:08 PM
UK numbers weren't a problem last year.

Yeah, it's just that maybe the area code applied this time is based on the country you select from the drop down menu. Last year, if you signed up to the Derry one on our site with a southern mobile, you had to put in the area code iirc. I didn't put in 0044 this time because it made my number too many digits. Hopefully I receive a text at some stage today or tommorrow.

thesilverfox
25/03/2009, 8:15 PM
I had signed up yesterday , text sent today 5ish..If you only signed up this evening text wouldn't have been sent out.

i signed up last night around 10 or 11.

sheao
25/03/2009, 8:21 PM
I am just after signing up to it there.Looks like it could be a great service.

LeixlipRed
25/03/2009, 8:22 PM
i signed up last night around 10 or 11.

So did I. Nothing so far.

Larry 'da' Wyse
26/03/2009, 11:42 AM
Anyone else get invalid input for the DOB section?

sligoman
26/03/2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone else get invalid input for the DOB section?Yeah, take out the brackets, worked for me anyway.

redobit
26/03/2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone else get invalid input for the DOB section?

I just put in the team i support, phone number and that i wanted sms texts. It came up invalid for everything else but I still got the texts later in the day.

sligoman
26/03/2009, 12:10 PM
I just put in the team i support, phone number and that i wanted sms texts. It came up invalid for everything else but I still got the texts later in the day.Were you registered for last seasons one before? People who had already registered shouldn't need to re-register as the database from last season was just transferred over to Phonovation.

Magicme
26/03/2009, 12:37 PM
Initially there were problems with the UK mobile numbers but think they have that sorted now.

Youths4Ever
26/03/2009, 1:06 PM
Were you registered for last seasons one before? People who had already registered shouldn't need to re-register as the database from last season was just transferred over to Phonovation.

Then should probably make that clear on the website if that is the case

Magicme
26/03/2009, 4:05 PM
You should re-register. The old database will become obsolete in a few months and the new sign ups will be the ones that get the texts etc. For Data protection purposes it is required that there is a new sign up so that people can opt out of the FAI partner sign up etc.

GlasnevinRed
26/03/2009, 4:25 PM
Signed up yesterday morning and other than the email haven't received any confirmation or anything?

BohDiddley
26/03/2009, 5:45 PM
Signed up yesterday morning and other than the email haven't received any confirmation or anything?
Likewise.