PDA

View Full Version : Walk The Walk

thecorner
10/12/2003, 8:53 PM
well here we are, dolan has given us europe

he has talked the talked, now its time to walk the walk

have the sleeping giants awoke????????????

dolan has everything he wants now.....................
the ground
the fans
the squad(almost)
the $$$$$$$$$$

would have been happy with runners-up next season

but dolan has everything he needs to make us champions

ITS TIME TO DELIVER

flynnster
10/12/2003, 11:00 PM
MIDFIELD is the key position - and not robinson i think he may have to go to uk somebody who can hold ball and make the telling pass, i know we will win the league if he does so - all money to bring in midfielder of class oh what i would do for a patsy in this team , it would be final piece in the jigsaw......

thecorner
11/12/2003, 1:14 AM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
Pretty meaningless post if you ask me. we have signed one player and already you are piling on pressure and the is still 3 months to the new season. Pathetic.

no way is this pathetic

he has some of the best players in the country, the greatest fans and he also has the funds now to make us the envy of all league clubs

ITS TIME TO DELIVER

SÓC
11/12/2003, 9:05 AM
Look at what Lennox and Dolan have said in the Match Day Mag 2005 is their target season not 2004. As long as we build this season and advance more both on and off the pitch I'll be happy.

Like if we finished 3rd again but this time say 3 points of the top two rather than 15 or so I'd be happy, it would show we're ready to launch a bid for the title in the next season.

thecorner
11/12/2003, 9:23 AM
will not be happy with 3rd place

everything is in place now to go for the title this year

A face
11/12/2003, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Like if we finished 3rd again but this time say 3 points of the top two rather than 15 or so I'd be happy, it would show we're ready to launch a bid for the title in the next season.

I'd be good with that too, ....... walk before we run !!

SÓC
11/12/2003, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
will not be happy with 3rd place

everything is in place now to go for the title this year

Neale Fenn alone will make up a 15 point difference?

Off the field we've done amazing stuff, on the field only one new player signed so far.

Xlex
11/12/2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
he has talked the talked, now its time to walk the walk

surly if Dolan talks the talk, he walks the waddle... quack, quack....

niamh
11/12/2003, 11:12 AM
Agree with the point that we have only signed one player, but many ppl were posting throughout the season that we were only a player or two away from a good team.
I'd want to see progress and not any repeat of some of the dire matches we've seen this year. I'd like to see some good football tbh.

Éanna
11/12/2003, 11:12 AM
My aim for next season would be to be in th running going into the last few games. We might not win it, but we shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 points off at the end. This team is still very inexperienced and we need to keep our expectations in check. IMO we're ahead of schedule. I didn't really expect europe at the start of this season, so lets not go mad.

thecorner
11/12/2003, 11:32 AM
some peole are very easily pleased:rolleyes:

looks like a cretain corkman was right with his comment"always happy with second(or in this case 3rd) best"

liamon
11/12/2003, 11:44 AM
Sorry the corner, but we can't possibly hope to win the title with our current midfield. I expect Doyle and Kearney to be better next year, but we are still lacking in the middle of the pitch.

Unless we sign a few players (including new keeper) we're not going to win the league in '04. I expect improvements, get closer to the top 2 and then strenghten further in a years time. Young players with more experience. We'll be champs in 2005.

We may get a cup next year, but that's it.

Our only hope of winning it in 04 is if Bohs/Shels fall apart due to their financial problems.

thecorner
11/12/2003, 2:29 PM
hate this sh!t, we need a midfielder

not only has the signing of fenn provided us with a quality striker it has also giving us the best midfielder in the country in georgie

georgie will be in his best positon next season

so signing fenn has made us stronger in 2 departments

liamon
11/12/2003, 2:40 PM
I don't see Dolan playing GOC, JOF and Fenn.
On the radio has was talking about competition, not fitting them all in.
GOC and JOF are an amazing partnership. Don't split them up.

Even if GOC deos play in midfield, we're still lacking someone to play beside him.

thecorner
11/12/2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by liamon
Even if GOC deos play in midfield, we're still lacking someone to play beside him.

good to see people coming round to thinking that greg isnt up to it

I don't see Dolan playing GOC, JOF and Fenn.

these are 3 quality players and mark my words,all 3 will be in the starting 11 next season

wiseman
11/12/2003, 2:52 PM
Lennox was on the radio yesterday still saying 2005 is target year. We should be giving the title a shot but finishing second will be a positive finish.
George midfield and pick between Colin T, Greg, Michael, Conor.
Spoilt for choice!

Éanna
11/12/2003, 3:30 PM
I think we're very very close, and we should have a decent chance of winning the league next year, but I don't think we should expect to win it. I'm not happy with second place, but I think we'd be better off keeping our expectations in check, thats all.

Counting Crow
11/12/2003, 7:52 PM
Are you serious liamon......?

......not playing all three together.

I tell you he better play the three of them.......if there all on 1,000e a week.

We're not Real Madrid. For a start could imagine telling George that he's not playing on a friday night because Fenn and Flynny are on ......... but Greg, Kevin Murray and Ryan Casey are in midfield.............boy I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that one:eek:

thecorner
11/12/2003, 8:47 PM
my point exactly CC

looks like we will be a very attack minded side next season

Bionic Brennie
11/12/2003, 11:53 PM
Finishing 3rd in a 10 team league is nothing to settle for. "5 or 7 points off the top"????? That's only two late soft goals in a season - The Corner's right to expect a realistic challenge for the title.

flynnster
12/12/2003, 1:11 AM
Originally posted by wiseman
Lennox was on the radio yesterday still saying 2005 is target year. We should be giving the title a shot but finishing second will be a positive finish.
George midfield and pick between Colin T, Greg, Michael, Conor.
Spoilt for choice!

are you mad man spoilt for choice worst midfield in the country(almost).we have no creativity and eventhough greg has heart hes not exactly quick , o grady is dire , murray a centre half.
of course we should be aiming for the league , lennox only saying 2005 to cover himself n keep hopes down which is understandable from his point of view...we won league 10 yrs ago with good midfield davey barry, god who in our midfield could lace his boots - centre midfield key, come on dolan keep on looking the missing link is out there.....

jofyisgod
12/12/2003, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by Bionic Brennie
Finishing 3rd in a 10 team league is nothing to settle for. "5 or 7 points off the top"????? That's only two late soft goals in a season - The Corner's right to expect a realistic challenge for the title.
Exactly. This positive mindset needs to be with the players. If they think that they can win it, they can. The players are nearly there, the spirits there, the managers there, and the fans are definately there. COME ON CITY!

Éanna
16/12/2003, 9:10 PM
Originally posted by Bionic Brennie
There's a difference between expecting a "realistic challenge for the title" and expecting to win the league. I expect us to challenge, but I don't think we should be expecting to win it.