PDA

View Full Version : Cassano’s view of Kilbane

drummerboy
24/03/2009, 8:57 AM
Hull City midfielder Kevin Kilbane has been slaughtered by Sampdoria striker Antonio Cassano.

Cassano steamed into Italy coach Marcello Lippi after being overlooked for their World Cup qualifier against Kilbane's Republic of Ireland.

Cassano also hit out at the selection of Udinese winger Simone Pepe, who kept his place in the squad despite some dire performances for both club-and-country.

He said: "Lippi says that this guy is a great dribbler down the wing, who beats opponents for fun. Man, Pepe couldn't even tie up his own shoelaces.

"When I was at Roma with Pepe, he was struggling to get in the reserves. He used to shine my football boots, and I would send him down to the shop to get me snacks.

"I am going to laugh when Italy play against Ireland, and Pepe makes Kevin Kilbane look like a peak Paolo Maldini."

gustavo
24/03/2009, 8:59 AM
Cassano's a lunatic :D Hardly slaughtering Kilbane though , I doubt even Kevin himself would compare himself to Paolo Maldini at his peak

Mayo Red
24/03/2009, 9:06 AM
Pure arrogance, but nothing new there from Cassano in fairness!!

magnumpi
24/03/2009, 9:20 AM
"cassanata"

Pike B
24/03/2009, 9:21 AM
Great to hear a footballer actually speak his mind rather than cue cards in the background from his clubs PR man.
More please..

elroy
24/03/2009, 9:53 AM
Am i right in saying Kilbane captained Hull on Sun? Just saw the highlights and he appeared to be first in line beside the GK for the shaking hands part, which is usually where the capt stands if you get me.

pete
24/03/2009, 9:56 AM
I believe Cassano likes to speak his mind but surely that is tongue in cheek?

pineapple stu
24/03/2009, 10:09 AM
Who's Pepe?

Dr. Ogba
24/03/2009, 10:13 AM
Hull City midfielder Kevin Kilbane has been slaughtered by Sampdoria striker Antonio Cassano.

Cassano steamed into Italy coach Marcello Lippi after being overlooked for their World Cup qualifier against Kilbane's Republic of Ireland.

Cassano also hit out at the selection of Udinese winger Simone Pepe, who kept his place in the squad despite some dire performances for both club-and-country.

He said: "Lippi says that this guy is a great dribbler down the wing, who beats opponents for fun. Man, Pepe couldn't even tie up his own shoelaces.

"When I was at Roma with Pepe, he was struggling to get in the reserves. He used to shine my football boots, and I would send him down to the shop to get me snacks.

"I am going to laugh when Italy play against Ireland, and Pepe makes Kevin Kilbane look like a peak Paolo Maldini."

i'm thinking it makes this Pepe fellah look bad more than anything...fair play to Cassano, seems to know his Irish players well...

magnumpi
24/03/2009, 10:16 AM
Simone Pepe - a young lad who plays for Udinese. played against Bulgaria.

funny quotes, but can you imagine the same happening in the ireland squad?

Crosby87
24/03/2009, 10:29 AM
Pepe is going to tell him he doesnt shine shoes anymore, then its going to be on...

Closed Account
24/03/2009, 10:38 AM
Pepe is going to tell him he doesnt shine shoes anymore, then its going to be on...
What's got into you? I'm breaking
your balls a little, that's all.

Noelys Guitar
24/03/2009, 11:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oP1NMB_I0s

tetsujin1979
24/03/2009, 11:23 AM
Am i right in saying Kilbane captained Hull on Sun? Just saw the highlights and he appeared to be first in line beside the GK for the shaking hands part, which is usually where the capt stands if you get me.
He did yeah, it was mentioned on MOTD2 that night

Torn-Ado
24/03/2009, 1:18 PM

:D:D:D

drummerboy
24/03/2009, 1:42 PM
He is a really interesting fella, some samples from his book

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/antonio-cassano-releases-his-autobiography-and-hes-not-afraid-to-tell-it-like-it-is-like-always.html

magnumpi
24/03/2009, 2:56 PM
He is a really interesting fella, some samples from his book

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/antonio-cassano-releases-his-autobiography-and-hes-not-afraid-to-tell-it-like-it-is-like-always.html

he's from Bari, that's probably why he's so p***sed off. wants to play infront of home crowd etc.

lets hope Pepe's as gash as he's making out!

irishultra
24/03/2009, 3:37 PM
cassano is a self-indulgent ******.. i used to really like him at bari but he seems a terrible materialistic guy

Red&White Rover
24/03/2009, 10:16 PM
Kilbane would have them both for breakfast.

Easy.

irishultra
24/03/2009, 10:45 PM
Kilbane would have them both for breakfast.

Easy.

QFT

nothing gets past killer

Weatherman
25/03/2009, 6:49 AM
Cassano = Legend!!!!!!!

He has some cheek but he's right, how lippi has'nt picked him i dont know, yeah he has an attitude problem as we've just witnessed but he's a world class player. italy's loss is ireland's gain!!!

as_i_say
25/03/2009, 7:37 AM
yes irelands soon to be most capped legend was captain of hull at the weekend.

BaZmO*
25/03/2009, 7:37 AM
The thread title should be changed to "Cassano’s view of Pepe"

The Legend
25/03/2009, 6:00 PM
The only problem with this is I hope he hasn't wound Pepe up to play like he's on fire!

musicinmouth
25/03/2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry to spoil the fun, but that quote is from a satirical article... not true at all...