PDA

View Full Version : Match in Hong Kong?

yablazer
24/03/2009, 5:02 AM
Due to unavoidable circumstances I'm going to be in Hong Kong for the match on sat.

Anyone know anywhere where they'll show the game, an irish pub perhaps? Failing this any websites that will broadcast it? I know RTE do but only to people in ROI.

I realise this is a long shot....

Superhoops
24/03/2009, 6:32 AM
Due to unavoidable circumstances I'm going to be in Hong Kong for the match on sat.

Anyone know anywhere where they'll show the game, an irish pub perhaps? Failing this any websites that will broadcast it? I know RTE do but only to people in ROI.

There are a couple of Irish bars in Kowloon that show sports including EPL,

PJ Murphy's which is undeneath the Imperial Hotel in Nathan Road (the main drag) in Kowloon and Delaneys which is in Peking Road, just off Nathan Road. Both are within 10 mins walk of the Star Ferry or the Tsim Sha Tsui underground station.

The only problem is the KO time of 7.45 pm here which is 2.45 am or 3.45 am (not sure with the clocks going forward) in HK.

You could always try the Irish Consulate in HK email: info@consulateofireland.hk , I am sure they would know where ex pats hang out!

MariborKev
24/03/2009, 6:34 PM
Aye Delaney's would have been my recommendation, there is another branch of it on central.

The "wee brother" lives there, and probably will be watching. I'll drop him and email and see what he suggests.

centre mid
24/03/2009, 6:38 PM
I was just about to post Delaneys Kowloon. There is a couple of irish bars in soho aswell.

MariborKev
24/03/2009, 9:37 PM
Brother's view

"you'll might be struggling to get it, delaneys would be
the best bet off hand. Aside from that, i.e. If delaneys aren't
showing it then it depends on if it is on satellite live out there. If
it is, I'll try emailing a few local bars"

finbarrk
24/03/2009, 11:35 PM
You wont be stuck for a lady in Delaneys anyway. There is 2 of them.

yablazer
25/03/2009, 5:37 AM
nice one lads, Im staying on kow loon so ill give those places a shot.

All failing it will be gabriel egan on the wirelss (i.e. online)

gypsydownunder
27/03/2009, 7:31 AM
So the game in on at 7.45 Dublin time?

And on RTE radio 1 live.

Anyone know of internet sites to check out.
Been enjoying the League of Ireland games here in Sydney on Saturday mornings.

Luckily the Italy game is on here live on local free to air TV on Thursday morning.

strangeirish
27/03/2009, 11:33 AM

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=114555