PDA

View Full Version : Tips on entering the stadium? & being in Bari.....

ArdeeBhoy
23/03/2009, 10:18 PM
Anyone know what the current trends are, as know in the past the Italian police have been very keen on confiscating all loose change, lighters, keys & the like, even up to mobile phones?

And unsure what their attitude is to cameras and the like.

More on the basis of their experience in their domestic game.

Also NB.

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/rome%20em/travel%20advice/travel%20advice%20ireland%20v%20italy%20bari%20(2) .pdf

According to the Consulate's advice, you have to have Photographic ID on you to guarantee admission.
You'd have thought they had more important things to worry about in Italia??

Schumi
24/03/2009, 9:39 AM
Lighters and bottles were confiscated in Montenegro (although they left them in a big pile at the gate so you replace what was taken after the game :D) but not change, cameras or keys.

Confiscating keys or cameras would be totally out of order IMO.

elroy
24/03/2009, 9:49 AM
Also NB.

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/rome%20em/travel%20advice/travel%20advice%20ireland%20v%20italy%20bari%20(2) .pdf

According to the Consulate's advice, you have to have Photographic ID on you to guarantee admission.
You'd have thought they had more important things to worry about in Italia??

I think its worth taking notice of this. The last Serie A game i was at a year or so ago, you could not purchase tickets without producing your passport and then your name is printed on the ticket. I remember the security guys checking the name on the ticket when we were entering the stadium.
Cant remember but i dont think names are printed on the tickets we got for the Bari game but still it def is no harm to bring the passport with you on the night just in case.

Funny thing is when actually in the stadium the organisation and security was much looser than in the EPL grounds. No such thing as people sitting in the seat you were allocated for example.

Sligo Hornet
24/03/2009, 10:53 AM
I think its worth taking notice of this. The last Serie A game i was at a year or so ago, you could not purchase tickets without producing your passport and then your name is printed on the ticket. I remember the security guys checking the name on the ticket when we were entering the stadium.
Cant remember but i dont think names are printed on the tickets we got for the Bari game but still it def is no harm to bring the passport with you on the night just in case.

Funny thing is when actually in the stadium the organisation and security was much looser than in the EPL grounds. No such thing as people sitting in the seat you were allocated for example.

Do you think a photocopy of the passport (including the photograph) would suffice?..........not keen on risking losing the ACTUAL Passport!

pineapple stu
24/03/2009, 10:57 AM
What about those of us who aren't staying in Bari but are getting the train out after the match? Are travel bags allowed? What are they likely to take out of that?

SuperDave
24/03/2009, 1:04 PM
What about those of us who aren't staying in Bari but are getting the train out after the match? Are travel bags allowed? What are they likely to take out of that?

hehehe.... the 'police' in that part of the world aren't that different from the mafia.... some chancer will steal your shoes... word of advice, travel light, and wear everything you really need to take with you... just keep clothes in your bag.

pineapple stu
24/03/2009, 1:05 PM
That's more or less the plan alright; socks, jocks and a book will be about it in the bag.

ArdeeBhoy
25/03/2009, 11:40 AM
Lighters and bottles were confiscated in Montenegro (although they left them in a big pile at the gate so you replace what was taken after the game :D) but not change, cameras or keys.

Confiscating keys or cameras would be totally out of order IMO.

Except Italian police can be a law unto themselves. So would keep this sort of stuff to a minimum, or hide outside the ground.
Be warned!

And I doubt they'd accept Photocopies of a passport either;ridiculous as it is to be expected to carry around in an E.U. country?

Though yer man Elroy is right, not liable to enforce anything re.seating-wise?

jbyrne
25/03/2009, 12:34 PM
Though yer man Elroy is right, not liable to enforce anything re.seating-wise?

why wouldnt people sit were they were allocated?? if lads start sitting where they want i can see there being all kinds of trouble from fans who've had a few too many to drink and arrive shortly before ko

ArdeeBhoy
25/03/2009, 2:18 PM
Be doubtful we'll fill all the seats allocated & tend to be less anal about that sort of thing usually....More interested in loose change??