PDA

View Full Version : mns 23rd march

centre mid
23/03/2009, 7:11 PM
just started, great 2nd goal by Bohs.

sligoman
23/03/2009, 7:22 PM
Another Ireland clip in the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Think that's 3 out of 3 so far isn't it?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/03/2009, 8:07 PM
I really enjoyed M.N.S. tonight.

I actually enjoyed Thunderstrike tonight. What'sthe story with the petition for the return of 60 ?

GuisaSaigon
23/03/2009, 8:08 PM
Another Ireland clip in the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Think that's 3 out of 3 so far isn't it?

Yeah, not happy about that. With all the great footage they must have in the RTE archives it's a shame that they dont use it.:mad:

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/03/2009, 8:18 PM
I was going to mention that, but I didn't out of fear of being called a grumpy so and so.

JC_GUFC
23/03/2009, 8:24 PM
I actually enjoyed Thunderstrike tonight. What'sthe story with the petition for the return of 60 ?

We just need Jacqui back on our screens talking about footy - she's got to be the hottest talent in RTE at the moment...

As for Thunder****e I think they need to reinvest in a new speed gun.

centre mid
23/03/2009, 8:26 PM
As for Thunder****e I think they need to reinvest in a new speed gun.

Spot on, four Rovers players at the top of the leader board? where is the control experiment?

osarusan
23/03/2009, 8:33 PM
Spot on, four Rovers players at the top of the leader board? where is the control experiment?
It has only been on two or three weeks right? There can only be a few teams who have tried it.

I thought it was a good show, but was a bit disappointed to see that the archives footage was not LOI footage.

sheao
23/03/2009, 8:51 PM
Real sickener watching us conceding the 2 late goals to Derry :( .

gufc2000
23/03/2009, 9:10 PM
No way was that second peno for Bray even a free-kick, bad refereeing there. Shane Fitzgearld should really have scored to kill off the game or else pass it to Faherty. Good save by Ryan for the peno. Looked like a fairly entertaining game

centre mid
23/03/2009, 9:14 PM
No way was that second peno for Bray even a free-kick, bad refereeing there.

He had a shocking game.

gufc2000
23/03/2009, 9:15 PM
He had a shocking game.
He must have, who was it by the way?

centre mid
23/03/2009, 9:17 PM
He must have, who was it by the way?

Neal Doyle. was very card happy in the first half, there was a couple of 50-50's that he dished out cards for.

SMorgan
23/03/2009, 9:18 PM
Real sickener watching us conceding the 2 late goals to Derry :( .

Well at least Doolin was gracious and magnanimous in defeat. (not)

Black and White
23/03/2009, 9:38 PM
Anyone got a link to it online?I missed it due to college!

thischarmingman
23/03/2009, 10:51 PM
Anyone got a link to it online?I missed it due to college!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/audiovideo_index.html

cestlavie
23/03/2009, 11:04 PM
I remember ex Finn Harps boss Anthony Gorman in his hay day with Linfield or the Ports (Storming Gorman they used to call him) was clocked by the Gardai as being able to hit the ball 108 mph so that would be around an amazing 174 kph. Dont think they was anybody in Ireland or Britain at the time could match that figure.
It will be interesting to see if anybody will come near that figure. Not likely from what I have seen so far.
Really professional show by RTE so credit were credit is due.

razor
24/03/2009, 7:53 AM
We just need Jacqui back on our screens talking about footyWell at least she was on it this week.
Aidan Power feeling the force of her wrath, thought that bit at the end was funny.

As for Thunder****e I think they need to reinvest in a new speed gun.Is it just gonna be a small subset of players to do it each week?

redobit
24/03/2009, 8:26 AM
Good show and fair play to MNS for reading the complaint from the Rovers fan (Sligo that is not Shams:)). Jason Factor did have a bad game but the attention Dave Barry gave it was unnecessary for a young player in such a big game.

Redie
24/03/2009, 8:52 AM
Good show and fair play to MNS for reading the complaint from the Rovers fan (Sligo that is not Shams:)). Jason Factor did have a bad game but the attention Dave Barry gave it was unnecessary for a young player in such a big game.

Jason Noctor struggled a bit as well!!!!!!!!!

redobit
24/03/2009, 9:32 AM
lol, jasus i dont know what i was thinkin when i wrote that

Sam_Heggy
24/03/2009, 9:45 AM
I remember ex Finn Harps boss Anthony Gorman in his hay day with Linfield or the Ports (Storming Gorman they used to call him) was clocked by the Gardai as being able to hit the ball 108 mph so that would be around an amazing 174 kph. Dont think they was anybody in Ireland or Britain at the time could match that figure.
It will be interesting to see if anybody will come near that figure. Not likely from what I have seen so far.
Really professional show by RTE so credit were credit is due.

Yeah, it makes it all the easier to stand in the wall when he hits a free. A great striker of the ball. Johnny Minnock was another at Harps that had a great strike about him.

cestlavie
24/03/2009, 3:21 PM
Yeah, it makes it all the easier to stand in the wall when he hits a free. A great striker of the ball. Johnny Minnock was another at Harps that had a great strike about him.

You would rather that Gorman scored rather than hitting you in the wall, lol. I wonder will they cover the 1st division for the thundershot? I'd imagine they will have to as their are plenty of shows to run.

brianw82
24/03/2009, 5:48 PM
I'm really starting to dislike Paul Doolin. To say that Derry didn't even deserve a point is just not on. Newsflash for you, Paul: 2 goals in 2nd half injury time are as valid as any goals scored in the normal 90.

Rovers1
24/03/2009, 5:59 PM
I'm really starting to dislike Paul Doolin.

your about 2 years behind everyone else Brian!:D

sligofan4ever
24/03/2009, 6:12 PM
Seeing as so many people dislike Kareoke King and Thunderstrike, I think we can agree, this would be great to do to Roddy Collins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj9ukD06jfM

the-blue-harp
24/03/2009, 9:48 PM
You would rather that Gorman scored rather than hitting you in the wall, lol. I wonder will they cover the 1st division for the thundershot? I'd imagine they will have to as their are plenty of shows to run.

na they'll do bohs three or four times!:D

kingdomkerry
25/03/2009, 10:01 PM
Impossible to view it on the rte website now. Keeps 'communicating'