PDA

View Full Version : Bray vs. Dundalk, Good Friday - New Kick-off time.

holidaysong
23/03/2009, 11:14 AM
Just to let you know that our website (http://www.dundalkfc.com/fixtures.asp) has confirmed that Bray have changed the kick-off time of this match to 4pm.

holidaysong
09/04/2009, 9:13 AM
So, what's the story with this early kick off time? Surely it won't do much for the attendance..

BrayUnknowns
09/04/2009, 1:15 PM
So, what's the story with this early kick off time? Surely it won't do much for the attendance..

To get it over and done with is suppose...

Last time we played a game on good friday was against Shamrock Rovers 2 seasons ago and it was one of our biggest league crowds ever.

holidaysong
09/04/2009, 2:51 PM
To get it over and done with is suppose...

Last time we played a game on good friday was against Shamrock Rovers 2 seasons ago and it was one of our biggest league crowds ever.

Sure there isn't too much else to do on a Good Friday. Did that one kick off at 4pm? It seems strange though, as not everyone will be off work or off early on a Good Friday..

dublinwanderer
09/04/2009, 4:08 PM
very unusual KO time.... a lot of people will still be working... stupid in my opinion. even a 6pm start would have been better...

but anyway, i think if we perform (like the way we played against pats) we will win. dont rate dundalk that much, yes they have a few good players but they have the worst manager!!!!:D

hope there is a big crowd and every gets behind the team....

KR's Post
09/04/2009, 4:13 PM
MMMM.... Might pop up to this myself seen as i'm still on holidays. Is it still 15 quid in?

lowflyingseagul
09/04/2009, 4:44 PM
i think they have predicted the ESB power to go again :) so 4pm is safer

Hulsey
10/04/2009, 10:56 AM
I heard that the guards asked for it to be brought forward to avoid people drinking down the beach before hand. Stupid if thats the reason just means anyone who was gonna do it will start earlier than they would have for a later kick off anyway.

Weatherman
10/04/2009, 12:40 PM
MMMM.... Might pop up to this myself seen as i'm still on holidays. Is it still 15 quid in?

u Might??? u shud defo be going down!!! yeah still 15 quid

naoise kennedy
10/04/2009, 5:40 PM
A difference of two halfs.. first half we should have been 3/4 up, stupid goal to give away a silly peno. kelly had a bad game today ok he made and scored the peno but overall he was bad. Deansy again had a good game, foran had a few moments but not too bad overall.The second half we did'nt play at all, i think when flood went off and coughlan came on we dropped big time, coughlan did'nt have a good second half and also mulroy did'nt get into this game.. on the positive we did not loose and we created chances, even though we hit the cross bar five times..

Weatherman
10/04/2009, 5:45 PM
i admit im not his biggest fan n iv slated him a number of times but john flood is coming good, he's a big part to play this year. getting better with every game, and fitness wise he's improving. could have two goals today.

superfrank
10/04/2009, 5:57 PM
We played really well today. We should've won that one. Dundalk can thank the woodwork, that's the only thing that kept them in it.

Agree about Flood. I've never rated him but he's putting in a lot of good work and his fitness is very impressive.

Weatherman
10/04/2009, 6:00 PM
We played really well today. We should've won that one. Dundalk can thank the woodwork, that's the only thing that kept them in it.

Agree about Flood. I've never rated him but he's putting in a lot of good work and his fitness is very impressive.

Wouldnt say his fitness is impressive now, he was wrecked in the 1st half, but has i said its improving. delighted to see fabio back aswell, legend!!

Louth4sam
10/04/2009, 7:11 PM

And Bray can thank the ref for that "peno". One of the worst decisions i have ever seen and also how was it not a backpass at the end to your keeper?
Talk about giving home team decisions.
Having said that we were lucky to have escaped with a point with you hitting the post 4 times

tippex
10/04/2009, 7:14 PM
I'll reserve judgment till I have seen the peno incident again but from my angle I think it was given for handball when your defender was on the deck. Although I thought it was more like ball to hand.

Louth4sam
10/04/2009, 7:19 PM
He slid in and won the ball and his momentum brought him onto the ball. In all my years watching football I have never seen a peno given for that.

lowflyingseagul
10/04/2009, 7:26 PM
dont think it was a peno , the ball touched his arm but he had his arms tucked into his body so not much the defender could do.
i thought it was a pretty poor turn out from our crowd. dundalk on the other hand brought plenty.
hitting the woodwork 4 times was unlucky. how we missed a couple of the chances i'll never know.
a draw was a fair result. buttimer is a shocking referee.

tippex
which is why I said "Although I thought it was more like ball to hand"

superfrank
Agree with that Louth4sam. Also, if it was a foul, it was outside the area.

tippex
10/04/2009, 7:30 PM
is it just me or are the referees actually getting worse season by season?

superfrank
10/04/2009, 7:31 PM
The ref was pretty terrible. He called a Dundalk player back in the first half to take the throw-in from where the ball went out but didn't do it anytime the Bray lads were moving the ball forward.

tippex
10/04/2009, 7:37 PM
I think he also called back a dundalk player for a foul in the second half and it wasnt the player involved.

Weatherman
10/04/2009, 7:38 PM
I think he also called back a dundalk player for a foul in the second half and it wasnt the player involved.

yeah the foul was made by burns and he called back kelly who was later sent off! :cool:

Dunny
10/04/2009, 7:40 PM
Can't wait for MNS. Penalty or not why did Simon Kelly get a yellow card for it? Butthead shouldn't be allowed ref a PD game.

Roo69
10/04/2009, 7:47 PM
The ref couldn't have given the peno for a foul because it was not a foul, he won the ball but from were i was it looked like the player moved his arm and controlled the ball but having a 2nd look on Monday night and we should know why hopefully.

In relation to the back pass, are you serious ? the ball was launched down field over Foran's head he swung a foot at it and it went across our box. Believe me, Foran couldn't do that if he tried haha

On play and chances created we fully deserved to win the game. We were by far the better team IMO.

Who was it that elbowed Shields ? was it Turner ? His mouth was in bits at the end of the game as he was walking off the pitch.

superfrank
10/04/2009, 7:57 PM
He kept looking at Mansaram and holding his jaw at one stage.

Hulsey
10/04/2009, 11:15 PM
Both sides seemed happy to take a point as the second half progressed. Although we may have shaded it on chances created I think a draw was a fair result. Didn't look like a penalty and the sending off seemed harsh, but on the other hand we were unlucky to not have scored one or two that hit the woodwork. Really should have put Coulter under more pressure imo, only really had one save to make that was anything other than routine and that was right at the end.
Agree that Flood is improving, but how he didn't score that header is beyond me it looked easier to score than miss.

centre mid
11/04/2009, 8:17 AM
Read the review of the game in the Times sports section, whoever wrote it obviously wasnt at the game.

tippex
11/04/2009, 9:55 AM
Here is the text of the irish times report for anyone that hasnt read it. definately a different game than I was at if they are claiming dundalk were dominent.

LEAGUE OF IRELAND PREMIER DIVISION: Bray Wanderers 1 Dundalk 1

BRAY MAY have struck the woodwork four times, but they needed a dubious penalty to earn a point at the Carlisle Grounds last night.

It’s a game Dundalk defender Simon Kelly will want to quickly forget as he was harshly adjudged to have handled for Bray’s spot kick in first-half stoppage time before being sent off late on.

Dundalk deservedly went in front on 42 minutes when the hardworking Declan O’Brien got a close-range flick to George O’Callaghan’s cross to turn the ball past O’Connor.

But an apparently harsh decision gifted Bray an equaliser in first-half stoppage time. Simon Kelly slid in to win a challenge on Jake Kelly on the edge of the area with his arm touching the ball on the ground.

To vociferous protests, Cork referee Anthony Buttimer pointed to the spot and Kelly sent debutant goalkeeper Ryan Coulter the wrong way from Bray’s fourth penalty in three home games.

Dundalk remained the dominant side into the second half, forcing five corners, but it was Bray who came within inches of taking the lead on 67 minutes when Chris Shields’ 25-yarder came back of the angle of the bar and post.

lowflyingseagul
11/04/2009, 11:12 AM
HAHA i wonder where that reporter is from????

dublinwanderer
12/04/2009, 10:11 PM
to clear up the peno incident, have a look at the pictures on the Bray site...

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2FDundalk13-Bray_Penalty_02.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgcolor%3D%22black%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose()%3B%22%3 E%20|%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=0ee066f44ce66056c18b7c3cce2c4bf1

he looks more like a goalkeeper in the picture!!!!

and the lad got sent off for 2 yellow cards both for fouls on Gary McCabe. He fouled him out on the left wing then 5 minutes later in the middle of the pitch. Both deserved cards imo, clear fouls and was fouling all game.

But i will admit that Buttimer is not a good ref at all... But is there any good refs in the league!!!!!

Dunny
12/04/2009, 10:17 PM
to clear up the peno incident, have a look at the pictures on the Bray site...

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2FDundalk13-Bray_Penalty_02.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgcolor%3D%22black%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose()%3B%22%3 E%20|%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=0ee066f44ce66056c18b7c3cce2c4bf1 (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2FDundalk13-Bray_Penalty_02.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgcolor%3D%22black%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B% 22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=0ee066f44ce66056c18b7c3cce2c4bf1)

he looks more like a goalkeeper in the picture!!!!

and the lad got sent off for 2 yellow cards both for fouls on Gary McCabe. I fouled him out on the left wing then 5 minutes later in the middle of the pitch. Both deserved cards imo, clear fouls and was fouling all game.

But i will admit that Buttimer is not a good ref at all... But is there any good refs in the league!!!!!

So, which player are you?:D

dublinwanderer
12/04/2009, 10:31 PM
So, which player are you?:D

oooops

:p

i'm simon kelly, big bray fan though!!!! tried to get sent off in the first minute!!! and tried to score a few og's too!!! hahahaha

cheeky cnut!!!

Hulsey
13/04/2009, 11:06 PM
Mulroy needs a serious talking to about team play. If he slides the ball to coughlan right beside him for the shot he hit the post with coughlan has an open goal and we go 2-1 up. Poor decision making which cost us 2 valuable points

Dunny
13/04/2009, 11:09 PM
No way was that a peno. Shouldn't be allowed ref a Junior game nvm a PD one..:rolleyes:

BrayUnknowns
14/04/2009, 8:36 AM
No way was that a peno. Shouldn't be allowed ref a Junior game nvm a PD one..:rolleyes:

Your dead right, never a peno in a million years. Accidential hand ball in the box which should have been an indirect freekick, that's all it should have been. Sending off was correct i thought, 2 bookable offences.

But in saying all that i really don't know why Connor at any stage during that game thought Dundalk deserved 3 points, mind games maybe to keep his players focused ? Dundalk were blessed to take a point from the game, never mind 3 points.

Also a point about Colm Foley who was commenting on the match last night, now he was at the game on Friday and he said the game turned on the sending off and we hit the post 3/4 times after that. WRONG.

Hulsey
16/04/2009, 9:30 AM
Mulroy needs a serious talking to about team play. If he slides the ball to coughlan right beside him for the shot he hit the post with coughlan has an open goal and we go 2-1 up. Poor decision making which cost us 2 valuable points

Watched it again last night and it was Byrne who should have passed to Mulroy :o

dublinwanderer
16/04/2009, 4:57 PM
Watched it again last night and it was Byrne who should have passed to Mulroy :o

:D:D
hahahaha
fool

Hulsey
16/04/2009, 11:33 PM
oooops

:p

i'm simon kelly, big bray fan though!!!! tried to get sent off in the first minute!!! and tried to score a few og's too!!! hahahaha

cheeky cnut!!!

Enough said :cool: