PDA

View Full Version : LOI sleeve badges.

Finlay Harp
23/03/2009, 10:57 AM
Unusual question but would anyone have or know where I could buy the new LOI sleeve badges? They seem hard to obtain but could be a decent money spinner for the LOI if marketed.

Sam_Heggy
23/03/2009, 1:27 PM
Unusual question but would anyone have or know where I could buy the new LOI sleeve badges? They seem hard to obtain but could be a decent money spinner for the LOI if marketed.

The LOI get them printed on each teams Jerseys.

I must say this seasons badge is much nicer than last few seasons.

Battery Rover
23/03/2009, 1:44 PM
The LOI get them printed on each teams Jerseys.

They are iron on badges. I am sure people could get some at the fans forum on Saturday

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/03/2009, 1:59 PM
I have to say I totally disagree with Sam Heggy. I'm wearing my Waterford United jersey as I write this, and of course the League patches are on both sleeves. It is great to have them on, and they're nice, but in my opinion, the logo is not half as nice as last years.

DmanDmythDledge
23/03/2009, 2:10 PM
They seem hard to obtain...
I think you can get them in Rovers' shop in Tallaght. Or at least get jerseys with them already on.

shaunb
23/03/2009, 3:01 PM
I remember asking this question last season about last seasons patch.

What i done was emailed every single club in the premier division and first division asking about them and if they would sell me some.

Some didnt bother replying - most replied saying they were all pre-printed on the shirts by the manufacturer so couldnt help me out but i got 2 or 3 positive replies from clubs who sent me the patches free of charge which was good.

Rovers1
23/03/2009, 3:17 PM
In Jako Sligo you can get them, but they're quite reluctant to give them to you, then when they do, they charge €4 per sleeve!!

John83
23/03/2009, 4:06 PM
This came up last year (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=103991), and doesn't seem to have been sorted out. Anyone here attending the fans forum? I think it's worth bringing up again.

Jicked
23/03/2009, 4:24 PM
I wish the league would adopt standardised numbers and lettering of the same font, or even better squad numbering. its the little things that count, and anything to make the league look modern, professional, sleek and on a par with the leagues across europe is a must. Even the blue square premiership in England uses them, its another little thing that adds to the amateur hour feel of a lot of clubs.

gustavo
23/03/2009, 4:33 PM
I wish the league would adopt standardised numbers and lettering of the same font, or even better squad numbering. its the little things that count, and anything to make the league look modern, professional, sleek and on a par with the leagues across europe is a must. Even the blue square premiership in England uses them, its another little thing that adds to the amateur hour feel of a lot of clubs.

Agreed and I wish that squad numbers were either mandatory or done away with altogether as IMO looks ridiculous when one team has them and the other doesn't

Jicked
23/03/2009, 5:20 PM
Agreed and I wish that squad numbers were either mandatory or done away with altogether as IMO looks ridiculous when one team has them and the other doesn't

Exactly, it should be an across the board thing. with the LoI splashing out on that new logo you'd think they'd want to show off the type face they use on it with standardised numbering and lettering across every club. Again, another thing someone might raise at the fans meeting?

atfconline
23/03/2009, 5:23 PM
Would sooner have them force all clubs to have the number on the front of the jersey/shorts to assist all those who work as reporters/photographers.

Martinho II
23/03/2009, 5:27 PM
They are iron on badges. I am sure people could get some at the fans forum on Saturday

you mean saturday week surely battery rover??

Martinho II
23/03/2009, 5:28 PM
This came up last year (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=103991), and doesn't seem to have been sorted out. Anyone here attending the fans forum? I think it's worth bringing up again.

yeah im definitely going john 83. what do you want me to say to them?

Battery Rover
23/03/2009, 5:29 PM
you mean saturday week surely battery rover??
The 4th April whenever that is

Ash
23/03/2009, 5:39 PM
Would sooner have them force all clubs to have the number on the front of the jersey/shorts to assist all those who work as reporters/photographers.

Once again the ATFC kitman leading the way with this in Division 1 :p

John83
23/03/2009, 6:47 PM
yeah im definitely going john 83. what do you want me to say to them?
Cheers Martinho. Just mention that there were people asking about them online again, and that they seem to be inconsistently available among the clubs - Sligo seem to sell them, whereas others seem not to have any for sale. They (Gavin and Mooney) were surprised it was a problem last year and just handed them out like candy; I'm sure they can sort it out fairly handily if they get around to it. It's just a matter of ensuring all clubs have a supply for sale and asking that they be offered with jerseys in the club shops for some reasonable fee.

John83
23/03/2009, 6:50 PM
These people should (and do, for the most part at least) have access to team-sheets at the games.

I've met a few people who are strongly opposed to squad numbers in my time, but I'm fairly ambivalent.

Perhaps a mod would split off the squad numbers discussion?

Finlay Harp
23/03/2009, 7:17 PM
Cheers Martinho. Just mention that there were people asking about them online again, and that they seem to be inconsistently available among the clubs - Sligo seem to sell them, whereas others seem not to have any for sale. They (Gavin and Mooney) were surprised it was a problem last year and just handed them out like candy; I'm sure they can sort it out fairly handily if they get around to it. It's just a matter of ensuring all clubs have a supply for sale and asking that they be offered with jerseys in the club shops for some reasonable fee.

Its well worth a mention. I think it would bring the clubs in some extra revenue as well as squad numbers. If the league implemented that then club shops could charge for putting names and numbers on replica shirts. Money for old rope really!

atfconline
23/03/2009, 8:11 PM
These people should (and do, for the most part at least) have access to team-sheets at the games.

Yes, but you need to be able to see their number. ;)

John83
23/03/2009, 8:35 PM
Yes, but you need to be able to see their number. ;)
You're right, of course. I completely misinterpreted your post. Apologies.

Enruoblehs
24/03/2009, 9:21 AM
I've met a few people who are strongly opposed to squad numbers in my time

Wexford Youths used their Squad Numbers in the recent game away to Shels. On the teamsheet given to the press, they ranged fron 20 (Goalkeeper) to 42. In the event the goalkeeper took to the field wearing No. 1.

Would it not make more sense to limit the number in the First Team Squad to maybe 25 / 30. The Youths Squad has 44 names on it.

Schumi
24/03/2009, 9:57 AM
I'd rather avoid squad numbers personally, though it's not a huge deal. I know our players after a couple of games and I find it easier to remember an opposition player by position (6 being centre mid, 11 left wing, etc.) than by them being number 24 or 19.

kellco88
24/03/2009, 10:35 AM
Personally I think standardised squad numbers and names on jersey's are a good i idea as i know it looked terrible when pats wore squad names in Europe a couple of seasons ago and near the end of the season some players had names on their jersey where as others didnt which looked very ragball rovers

holidaysong
24/03/2009, 10:36 AM
I wish the league would adopt standardised numbers and lettering of the same font, or even better squad numbering.

We've adopted squad numbers this year but without a name on the back of the jersey which is odd - there is a sponsor logo where the name should be. But as all the players have the same number for the season it'll be easy to glance down at the programme and see who everyone is. It's definitely better than the 1-11 changing every week IMO.

Dodge
24/03/2009, 11:14 AM
Squad numbers absolutely lookly more professional. at the start of the sseaosn anyway. then in July 5 players, go, five players come in and the printer who did the jersies at the start of the season is owed money so a new font etc are introduced

Can see why clubs don't do it (money...) but its a shame its not standardised

Pats shop does printing for jersies. €10 for name and number

Jicked
24/03/2009, 11:29 AM
Squad numbers absolutely lookly more professional. at the start of the sseaosn anyway. then in July 5 players, go, five players come in and the printer who did the jersies at the start of the season is owed money so a new font etc are introduced

Surely that could be fixed by the League itself being in charge of the numbering/lettering rather than clubs sorting it out themselves with individual printers. The League could just issue each club with a load of letters and numbers either to be put on with one of those pressers, or simple iron jobs. Using the logo/type face they've already paid for would help improve the look and feel of the LoI brand too so it'd be beneficial for the LoI. If clubs are whinging about the cost of having to replace a jersey once a player leaves during the midseason transfer window then it really is dire times.

Here's the type face they could easily use since they already own it:
http://www.creativeinc.ie/images/uploads/loi4.jpg
(http://www.creativeinc.ie/images/uploads/loi4.jpg)

Maynard
24/03/2009, 1:38 PM
Surely that could be fixed by the League itself being in charge of the numbering/lettering rather than clubs sorting it out themselves with individual printers. The League could just issue each club with a load of letters and numbers either to be put on with one of those pressers, or simple iron jobs. Using the logo/type face they've already paid for would help improve the look and feel of the LoI brand too so it'd be beneficial for the LoI. If clubs are whinging about the cost of having to replace a jersey once a player leaves during the midseason transfer window then it really is dire times.

Here's the type face they could easily use since they already own it:
http://www.creativeinc.ie/images/uploads/loi4.jpg
(http://www.creativeinc.ie/images/uploads/loi4.jpg)

Nail - On - Head

passinginterest
27/03/2009, 12:20 PM
Sleeve patches available form Shamrock Rovers/Umbro superstore in Tallaght for those interested:
http://www.loi.ie/index.php/news-center/403-official-sleeve-patches-on-sale-at-tallaght-superstore

Maynard
27/03/2009, 2:07 PM
Wonder if they'll put them in the superstore in Westmoreland St? Or is this just to continue the FAI/Rovers love-in?:rolleyes:

passinginterest
27/03/2009, 2:12 PM
Don't see any reason why they wouldn't have them in both. Then again the Rovers store is not in a place that'll attract a huge amount of passing traffic away from match days so they might take any incentive they can to get people in there. It's quite similar in terms of style to the Westmoreland St store if anyone cares.

madblaa
27/03/2009, 5:15 PM
I have to say I totally disagree with Sam Heggy. I'm wearing my Waterford United jersey as I write this, and of course the League patches are on both sleeves. It is great to have them on, and they're nice, but in my opinion, the logo is not half as nice as last years.I think we're the only club to do this and as far as I know the FAI kicked up about it, citing they wanted the embroidered one on the jersey instead?!?!